How did we get on today? 2009 edition.

I'm beginning to get a bit worried, we haven't heard from the gang who were going to Kegworth today :yes::lol:

It can only mean that they are either hanging back to pick up their prize money OR they have dissolved :devil::lol: ^_^

I went to a fibre only 100 bird shoot nr. Flint in N. Wales today and I think God does shine on the righteous because we managed to dodge all but about 10 minutes of the rain. :good:

Unfortunately though I think I must have been taking lessons from Stevie Wonder because I couldn't hit a thing today finished 32 birds away and a severe dent in the old faith in one's ability. It was quite a good shoot though with a reasonable mix of targets but honestly 32 away. :yes: :look: :sick::devil:

Mr :o Potter

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm beginning to get a bit worried, we haven't heard from the gang who were going to Kegworth today :good::yes:

It can only mean that they are either hanging back to pick up their prize money OR they have dissolved :lol::yes: :look:

Mr :sick: Potter

That will teach me to take ages to type a post, boy do I feel silly!!!!!

Mr Potter (slowest typist of the year 1951 to date)

Just back from Kegworth :sick:

Scores on the doors :look:

Beretta - 76 Oh how we laaaaaarfed. Bad day at Black Rock :good: ^_^ :o :o :o . Few gun misfires today too

Chard - 76 Shock and awe :lol:

100milesaway (Aunty) - 73 (leading the Ladies when we left) :yes:

Magman - 63 :devil: Things that make you go hmmmmmmm

Paulos - 59/60 Laaaaaarf, I nearly ****. Too many student nights out on the pi$$ :devil:

Maglad - 29/30 Good effort, not an easy course :lol:

Good to see you "back in action" Chard :yes:

Well shot all of you - certainly wasn't as straightforward as it initially looked.

Good to see you "back in action" Chard :lol:

Well shot all of you - certainly wasn't as straightforward as it initially looked.

No, not straightforward at all.

I think the break did me good, even though it was only one weekend :hmm: .

I think I'll just tone it down a bit, I think it was all getting a bit manic for me :hmm: . Must be my age :lol:

Cheers Chard it was a good day and a stupid one for most including me :hmm::lol:

You did alright Jay, they were funny old targets :lol: Not as easy as some of them looked.

Just listen to what the old man and Beretta tell you. They're not having a go or criticising.

I think you get the hump sometimes when they tell you stuff, but we all need to listen to advice. :P

Good for you :lol:

You in for Kingsley on 13th then? :hmm:

I should cocoa :lol:

When I say "tone it down", I think I just mean no more two shoots in one day at opposite ends of the country :hmm:

Also if the weather's duff, I just won't bother. I think it was getting to the stage where I felt I just had to go to a shoot (or two) every weekend, even if the weather was so bad there was absolutely no chance of me enjoying it :lol:

Funny old game :lol:

IT WAS A FRIKIN 71 THEM ROBBIN **** I COUNTED IT TWICE :hmm::lol:

Well done to the lads there :lol: Good to see chard back in action :lol:

I put in a 76 at doveridge today that wasnt to bad straghtened most but messed up badly on a few :hmm:

68 :hmm: They can **** off :P

Good shooting there Maglad It was a strange course :lol::lol:

well the highlight of my day was coming home to a hot tea on the table as i walked through the door :lol::lol:

as for the shooting :lol: there was a reason but ill keep it to myself :hmm:

great shooting from chard and a slight change of stance and approach from him today for some reason :lol: , could be sign of things to come. :hmm::P

a good round of clays overall which i could not do justice to today but it happens :hmm:

nice day and good company so what else matters. :lol:

must strip the gun down this week as something is not right in their :lol:

I shot all the rabbits :hmm: as for the sun it only came out when we were shooting into it :lol:

Loopers i hate the ******* :hmm: and it seemed most stands had them .

Well shot Chard :lol: glad i dragged you out old bean :hmm:

Very well done to 100milesaway , a credit to our squad :lol:

Beretta get them shells in the house :P

Paulos im glad you went and thanks for letting the young en use the shades :lol:

Not a good show for me today but we all have em , last trip out for me untill the new year i think .

Shoot straight chaps

Went to one of MCs local shoots this morning.

I shot first. I saw a pair, then proceeded to mistakenly shoot a clay on the next door stand in error. There was a tirade of laughter and four letter expletives

from the other stand. :lol:

I then proceeded to blank all of the 10 rabbits that we were supposed to be hitting. :lol: It rained on and off and my shooting was as unpredictable as the weather.

Best bit of the day was that we chose to sit at a table where they laid out the buffet.

Well done to MC getting top gun :lol:

I could literally not be any more disappointed with my score today. I know everybody has off days, but I have been having them every time I've shot for the last 3 months. That has got to be the longest, most agonising drive home that I have had. It's just as well I wasn't sharing a lift with Auntie as I would have been truly **** company!! Back to the drawing board I feel :lol:

Good targets though and good craic. Especially well shot Chard :lol: , although it made my day even worse having to say "well shot" EVERY time you walked out of the cage :lol: :lol:

magman is my JINX again :lol::lol:

forgot about baby face :lol: glad you could make it at least once :lol: nice to shoot with you :hmm:

pity you and aunti could not sort yourselves out better with transport!!! i mean, living 6 miles apart and coming in 2 cars!!!

come on :hmm::hmm::P

When did you say where shooting next? :lol::lol::lol: or fishing :lol:

IT WAS A FRIKIN 71 THEM ROBBIN **** I COUNTED IT TWICE :lol::lol:

Anni,

I believe you, when we had finished shooting the referee (remember this was squadded) counted all the scores up and wrote the totals on the cards. He was going to hand them in to the desk but my mate and I asked for ours so we could see what & where we had missed :lol:

Neither of us had really kept a mental note of our scores but I was surprised when my mates card was marked with a total of 68, as I said, we hadn't kept a running total but that seemed low to me although Mark just shrugged his shoulders and said "I'm not surprised cos I have shot ****". Anyhow I added up the noughts and it came to a 75, I then added up the individual stand scores and that came to 75 :lol: We checked mine and that was OK so we handed the cards in and told the woman that the scores needed checking, she did exactly what I did but with the aid of a calculator and didn't seem surprised when she got a total that was 7 birds higher than the total on the card. I suspect that the ref had added up the stand scores but just wasn't very good at mental arithmetic!!!!

So although we had different referees that is more than likely why your score on the board was different to your true score.

Mr Potter

PS Very well shot Chard and Auntie

PPS I can't believe you shot in the dry today, I'll never believe another weather forecast again :hmm::hmm:

Thanks Mr P :lol: makes me feel abit better. It was a 71 though I allways double check and check to see if theres any i have missed.

I hear other peoples scores were wrong aswell :lol: I hope it dos'nt interfear with my next CPSA classification.

I should be in B class as of the 1st december and I'm trying my hardest for A class next reclassification time. :lol:

as for the shooting :lol: there was a reason but ill keep it to myself :lol:

must strip the gun down this week as something is not right in their :hmm:

Hey, you're beginning to sound like MC :lol: , I expected a better performance from you. :hmm:

Well shot Chard, just shows that shooting all these new grounds is doing you some good. :lol:

Cat.