How often.....

jef

At a recent meeting someone brought up the subject of certificates and how often are people asked to show them.

No one could remember being asked for proof at any clay ground they had ever been to.

Strictly speaking, our club has an exemption certificate which allows anyone to shoot at our club without direct supervision (crazy I know and would never happen) so perhaps no one is obliged to ask to see the certificate???

Can anyone add to this??

James

Thanks chaps. Perhaps more folk ask than I had originally thought.

We are proposing that the cert is seen when filling out membership form every year and run a visitors book for non members.

It will be put to the committee though

James

I think the above comments are meant in a positive way. Broomhills normally take your FAC and stick it in the hole for the counter module when you first get there - other than that I've never been asked again - unless I'm buying ammo in which case it is a necesity.

I think the point is they ask to see it and thats that (good safety in my eyes) - now no recanting historical events - this is a new year....

I think the above comments are meant in a positive way. Broomhills normally take your FAC and stick it in the hole for the counter module when you first get there - other than that I've never been asked again - unless I'm buying ammo in which case it is a necesity.

I think the point is they ask to see it and thats that (good safety in my eyes) - now no recanting historical events - this is a new year....

Just a bit of a light hearted fun. Obviously there's nothing wrong with doing it, but as above, it doesn't stop a copper topping himself there...!

• 2 weeks later...

I always carry mine, only been asked to see it once when I registered with Cluny Clays. You are not legally obliged to carry it, if they suspect anything dodgy then can just call the cops and let them deal with it.

I carry it as I can rarely visit any RFD without sampling the latest cartridges in stock :rolleyes:

When I was up at Cloudside on Saturday, I asked for some carts and said you will have to wait a mo, whilst my uncle gets his SGC, as I don't have one atm..

I was promptly told I didn't need one to buy carts...

maybe it's to help you get over the shock of paying £45 for 200 carts