told off for pretending to shoot a pigeon

shootnfish

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find this thread very disturbing , It sounds as if we should be ashamed of our life stile and we shouldn't mention what we do in public . Who the hell are these people who keep forcing their way of life down my throat while not even willing to talk about mine . At the end of the day they owe their freedom and survival to our history of hunting/shooting whether its enemy or for food . Who gives them the right to subject our children to their beliefs ?

Can i just start by saying not all teachers are like this! :lol:

I work in education and i am the man that teaches all the lucky children that come down to Dorset on there residential trips.

We ensure all children know where there food comes from, We tell them about hunting the good reasons and why some people dont agree, We feed them using meat we produce and show them ewe to lamb to table etc. Our main aim is to promote the countryside and all that goes on in it!

We dont leave out details we belive every child should know how things are done!

And yes were bloody busy this year, we must be doing something right :good:

My wife is a teacher and she is frustrated more than most on the current levels of the education given so much so that she may well leave the job she loves in the next 12 months.

Teachers are told what to do, how to teach it and red marks in books apparently demoralises the children???

Cut us some slack here please :blush:

She could make an effort and find out before she starts blasting the kid, and making him feel like a criminal.

It's not rocket science is it?

So, she sees him in the playground pretending to shoot a pigeon. she goes and asks his name (may not be from her class) and then goes to the school office and asks for his file. she gets the file, looks at the parents details (is the career of the parents listed on this file?) and then decides weather she is to go back and tell him to keep practising his pointing, or weather to take him back to the office and ask him if he's being abused.

yeh, of course. :lol:

Cut her some slack, you will most likely find that she is doing as she is told to be the school - stopping the behaviour as it happens. rightly or wrongly, she is probably doing as she is told.

So before we start moaning about "kids of today, schools, the government, immigrants, BASC, the lack of a 4x4 section on pigeon watch" and blaming this incident on all of the mentioned, lets not discount the other side of the story.

If a child turns in to a nutter and kills someone, people are pretty quick to blame councils/schools/nurses etc for not spotting the signs.

EDIT - I will add that my ex of 6 years was a teacher, so I do have an idea of what goes on in schools and how it works.

Edited by J@mes

on a side note the teacher isn't to know the childs background and if you look at the number of incidents with kids and airguns wounding people and animals then perhaps they have a certain point. That said my nephew used to find it funny trying to get the Jack Russel to eat the cat which I'm sure wouldn't have gone down well at school

The fact remains that she chose to give a child a hard time about something that is not illegal, based purely on her personal views, without knowing anything about the child, or bothering to find out.

You can dress it up any way you like, but at the end of the day she is ramming her PC garbage down a kids throat.

Besides that, I'm not just referring to the "pretending to shoot a pigeon" incident. There are other incidents described on this thread, that come from the same abuse of position (pigeon pie, shooting-themed artwork etc etc). Obviously a widespread situation, a thinly disguised attempt to brainwash children into fluffy bunny state of mind from an early age.

I think I would too :lol:

Just because this teacher has fluffy bunny views on life doesn't mean that they should infest a childs mind with them. This was way past their brief as a teacher. Out of order.

I used to be a teacher(its a lousy job but somebody's got to do it!) and I agree with Chard. A teacher has no right to indoctrinate any of their charges with their own personal beliefs. Just because its not 'religion' it makes no difference IMO :blush:

My Neice is five and at Primary school, apparantly last week she went to school and told her teacher:

'My mummys boyfriend has got a big bag of guns.' (hes in the army and shes not quite grasped what it means yet)

She then said: 'But my uncle Joe's gun is bigger!' :lol:

Teacher had a laugh about it with my sis, and that was it, so their not all odd.

So, she sees him in the playground pretending to shoot a pigeon. she goes and asks his name (may not be from her class) and then goes to the school office and asks for his file. she gets the file, looks at the parents details (is the career of the parents listed on this file?) and then decides weather she is to go back and tell him to keep practising his pointing, or weather to take him back to the office and ask him if he's being abused.

yeh, of course. :lol:

Cut her some slack, you will most likely find that she is doing as she is told to be the school - stopping the behaviour as it happens. rightly or wrongly, she is probably doing as she is told.

So before we start moaning about "kids of today, schools, the government, immigrants, BASC, the lack of a 4x4 section on pigeon watch" and blaming this incident on all of the mentioned, lets not discount the other side of the story.

If a child turns in to a nutter and kills someone, people are pretty quick to blame councils/schools/nurses etc for not spotting the signs.

EDIT - I will add that my ex of 6 years was a teacher, so I do have an idea of what goes on in schools and how it works.

WHAT!!!!!!!

Pigeonwatch doesn't have a 4 x 4 section? That's the final straw I'm off :blush::good:

thought i had better add a couple of things firstly i am not a farmer although we live in an old farm cottage surrounded by fields i am a builder so even if i did not shoot he would still see shooting going on as nearly every saturday he stands in the garden watching the beaters walk past our garden driving the partridges to the waitig guns a few hundred yards further down and he loves it and always asks have they got many and always gets afriendly reply(nice bunch of people) so its definatly not the place to live if you was a bunny hugger. secondly the teacher was a he and the head teacher at that. and i know not all teachers are the same. but things have changed i remember when i was at primary school every monday morning we used to have a show and tell where you had to say what you did at the weekend and most weekends i either went shooting / fishing or ferriting with my dad or uncles and i remember taking spent cartridges in and tail feathers of a pheasant that my dad had shot and also a tin can that i had shot with my dads gun and showing off the bruise i had which i was well proud of for some strange reason. but no one batted an eyelid. now it would probley be a differnt story. but if my son has to do something like that and he wants to do the same im all for it. what these people that say shooting is cruel and you shouldent shoot those pretty pheasants n partridges dont realise that if it wernt for us cruel shooters there probley wouldent be hardley any pheasants n partridges/ grouse about in the countryside without all the bloody hard work these gamekeepers and helpers put in. blimey thats the most ihave ever typed before sorry its a bit long winded im going to lie down now!

Don`t come on here bleating about it! Get down the school and have a civilised discussion with the teacher concerned.

If indeed they have a viewpoint on fieldsports,you can at the very least leave them in no doubt that there is a rational alternative viewpoint which they might like to consider.

The antis spend millions each year on propaganda which is distributed to schools where it is lapped up by anti,ignorant or lazy teachers.

Don`t let them get away with it.

Don`t come on here bleating about it! Get down the school and have a civilised discussion with the teacher concerned.

If indeed they have a viewpoint on fieldsports,you can at the very least leave them in no doubt that there is a rational alternative viewpoint which they might like to consider.

The antis spend millions each year on propaganda which is distributed to schools where it is lapped up by anti,ignorant or lazy teachers.

Don`t let them get away with it.

im not bleating about it is evreyone else bleating about stuff when they post some thing? and i am going to see the head on monday as the same happend today.

what a joke my wife has just told me my 5year old son got told off for pretending to shoot a pigeon at play time by one of the teachers!

Blimey! When we were little kids-we'd pretend to shoot teachers,fellow pupils,passing cars so i guess we were lucky not to get the cane back then! :angry:

I would have thought teachers have to teach children objectivley and without prejeduce or personal opinions swaying them.

i openly admit i go hunting whilst im in school, i have a friend who also shoots, and it is fun to chat about recent trips, or new guns and tips for the field... well i was in a lesson and some stupid pathetic little D**k took a cheap shot at it by answering a riddle with a stupid remark about me shooting... the teacher asked me if i was a shooter, i said yes, he asked if i had a gun, i said yes, and then he said that it was a good practice and that it was better than sitting on a street corner waiting to mug someone, i replied "well thanks sir im glad that you see it that way, but i dont give a dam what these numptys think, yes im a shooter and im a damn dedicated shooter so if they want to mess with me feel free, because im sure as anything ill have someone else to back up my views on shooting..." and i left it at that...

Happy shooting

Mark

:good:

i took the pro active stance with my daughters school,they have a wildlife and enviroment club run by the teachers which my daughter joined.i offered my services and arranged for visits to my permissions.result teachers who are on board about the benefits of shooting to conservation,a class full of children who have seen the difference between disney and reality,and farmers who are chuffed to bits with all the thank you letters.try it yourselves and spread the message