Keeping Cartdriges

Hi Everybody,

I always had this doubt about where to keep my cartdriges, for the moment I try to keep them in the gunsafe but when I buy 500 it's always a battle trying to push them in.

Do anyone know if it's possible by law to keep them outside the gunsafe?

Cheers

Marco :lol:;)

I think I now understand why many of the older members of this site are leaving.Sad to see Eugene may be one of them.But really chaps some of your questions are pathetic.Why don't you go to your local library and get a book such as "Shooting for Beginners" or Coates's or Batley's on pigeonshooting before posting such stupid,spacewasting questions? This is supposed to be Tips & Tricks about decoying and pigeonshooting.

I tend to find people having a dig at others instead of offering advice wastes space and irritates more than the questions themselves! :lol:

oh yes... I believe the law states that they should be kept in a safe place, which leaves a lot to common sense, but I don't think they should be kept in the same cabinet as your gun, maybe a call to your local FLO for advice. ;)

I think I now understand why many of the older members of this site are leaving.Sad to see Eugene may be one of them.But really chaps some of your questions are pathetic.Why don't you go to your local library and get a book such as "Shooting for Beginners" or Coates's or Batley's on pigeonshooting before posting such stupid,spacewasting questions? This is supposed to be Tips & Tricks about decoying and pigeonshooting.

Why do you have to comment if you're going to be cheeky about it. Like has been said we all start somewhere.

I store my shells in a small filing cabinet.

I keep myn in the top shelf bit in my cabinet, i have a smaller ( i say small but it can hold about 250 cartriges ) digital lock safe next to it but i try to keep smaller things like bullets and chokes in therealong with all of my certificates,

And from past experience there is no point argueing with some thing, the guy was only trying to get some info and i think he done the right thing because i have found no matter how silly little thing you are trying to find you will find it difficult so the easiest thing to do is just ask then you can get it in plan english.

Under the stairs with the cat food

For god's sake don't feed them to the bloody cat when you've had a few too many - could get messy !! :( ;)

I'll get my coat................. :lol:

NAAAAAAAAA thats not the messy bit

Its when i get to my pigeon shooting with a box of cat biccys!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol: :*) :*) :*)

Home Office Guidance To the Police-

Ammunition

19.36 As a matter of best practice,

ammunition for section 1 firearms should be

kept secure apart from the firearm. Although

secure storage of shot gun cartridges is not

a requirement of the Firearms Acts, it is

sensible to recommend that these should

be locked away for both security and safety,

especially where there are children in

the house.

G.M.

Salopian, not so sure messrs Coats et al worried too much about where the ammo was stored. In the "big day" Archie used to nip back and get another 250 from the office. No one cared where they were stored and rightly so.Today were we have a manic attitude and a general lack of understanding, it easy easy to see why carts are percieved as dangerous don't you think? Lets educate the uninitiated and advise them to put their shells somewhere safe, preferable well away from the gun.I see everyone who posts on this forum as a shooter and by god we need as many people doing it as possible.I hope Marco thinks shooting folk are friendly and helpful?

Then maybe it should have been in the "General banter" or "Other types of Shooting" area but that doesn't mean you should rip a stripe off the bloke for asking a question.

I notice as a moderator ernyha didn't seem to mind when he replied to the question, I also recall a reply on another thread was deleted recently for being unduly abusive, personally I think this is in the same vein. :lol:

I once asked Strathclyde police what its view was on keeping bullets or ammo in the house away from the guns,they said guidelines show that they be kept in a wooden box away from sources of ignition preferebly where ther are no wires etc, i queried the wood they said it doesn't lead to sparks.

I was bewildered by that reply

clanchief

i queried the wood they said it doesn't lead to sparks.

I was bewildered by that reply

clanchief

:lol: Why? Makes sense to me even though I don't think there is any danger of a spark setting off a cartridge but the police probably didn't know that. ;)

I read somewhere that fire wont set off a cartridge but I wont be trying it to find out. :(