Jack Pyke Clearview Hide Netting

EastSussexLad

Hi Jamez14,

I must admit i saw this on another thread not long ago, and i was thinking along the same lines as you.

if it is as the pictures show then it seems the **********. i will wait for a bit of feedback and then probably invest in 1.

don't seem to badly priced either!

regards

turk101

Exactly my thoughts, I was down the beach today working with a mate of my dads on his boats, He does alot of pigeon shooting and he showed me this in a catalogue he had, Asked me to find out some infomation about it.

It was also in the catalogue for £25 But iv had a sneaky look on the net and found the same net priced at £22 So i might buy one and see what there like for myself :lol:

As you said, If it does ring true it looks the dogs ********

I would imagine you will need a good background otherwise the pigeon will see through it like pic 2 :lol:

Henry anypigeon getting that close 2 get the same view as me should be histroy, :good: also surely you would set it up against a backdrop i would presume.

as regards 2 the price, it's like everything it may turn out absolute quality, just because it's cheap don't mean it's ****.

i bought a cheap magnet for £60 years ago when the going rate was between £150-£250 it has outlasted many of my mates more expensive models, all be it, it's a little heavier. i think we tend 2 make 2 much of the price of things now days, if it's cheap it's ****, if it's expensive i can get it cheaper or it's not worth the money :good:

anyway rant over!

cheers

turk101

Hi cranners,

I can see your point on it been light, it actually looks it. but been see through that's what you want is'nt it!

so long as your not building it out 15-20 ft from the hedge or bushes then surely that should not be a problem! i always thought movement was the key.

The bit where it is very flimsy and can blow about that is!

regards

turk101

He had to peg it down and clip it to the hide poles, on the few occasions he used it.

You don't really want your hide flapping about, that does not attract the pigeons.

When I said it was "see-through" I meant that you can see through it if it has any light behind it.

So, if you set it up without a very full, dark background, then you are silhouetted in it.

I have purchased a net very much like the one talked about, found it to be brilliant i agree your background needs to be good, but nothing new there whatever net i use i like to have a good background. Also very light that is an understatement it's unbelievably light & to cope with this i have attached car battery crocodile clips to the bottoms of my hide poles and to the tops of the two outside hide poles which hold the net taught with no problem at all. was out two days last weekend and the birds came in lovely. Kind reagrds Tis

SAVE YOUR MONEY

DON'T BUY ONE.

guys, keep your doe in your pocket and spend it on a proper net.

They are absolute pants. the only way i can describe them is painted net curtain. slightest breeze and its all over the place, you have to have a very dark background very close behind you or you are very visible.

I now use mine as a throw over to cover the wheel barrow etc in the hide, and also got a bit cut off and put it on me head to cover face.

Exactly my thoughts, I was down the beach today working with a mate of my dads on his boats, He does alot of pigeon shooting and he showed me this in a catalogue he had, Asked me to find out some infomation about it.

It was also in the catalogue for £25 But iv had a sneaky look on the net and found the same net priced at £22 So i might buy one and see what there like for myself :good:

As you said, If it does ring true it looks the **********

i can pick the english oak 4x1.5m fir £10.95 or a 25x1.5 mtr roll for £6

here[/url]

however you need to be registered with them to obtain at these prices which i am.

i can pick the english oak 4x1.5m fir £10.95 or a 25x1.5 mtr roll for £6

here[/url]

however you need to be registered with them to obtain at these prices which i am.

hi all i used one of these nets yesterday.. its very good but you really did need to have a thick back ground. and lots of strong clips. so you can clip it down. its very thin and the last thing you want is a hide blowing all over the place..

good luck...

cheers all dave

I use something similar which might be a bit tougher.

Stealth Cammo netting, got off one of the decoying sites, £35.

It works well being able to see through the netting, but unless its against a dark background the pigeon will see you.

However, Pigeon are 100ft in the air so from their view point the hide should have a solid background anyway (i.e the ground)

Not sure if it's the same stuff or not but I've had something which looks similar.

Basically mines sort of a Camo Mosquitto type netting, it the Dog's Danglies, set it up virtually anywhere no problems whatsoever.

Very Very light and folds down to nothing, mine came off a Huge Roll, god knows how much was on it.

I've shot pigeons in all weathers and in places where you'd think they'd spot you a mile off but it always works well.

If it's the same stuff then I'd grab a couple bit's, you won't regret it.

Hewey

• 1 month later...

This is the netting i use and it seems to work fine. Plenty of birds come right in on it BUT i always set it was a thick line of conifers behind me so it has that thick back ground. I would recommend it but have never tried anything else a sa comparison. It is very very light but on a windy day does catch like a sail.

George

I bought 5 metres of this stuff last week and sure enough it's clear to see through from both sides http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/sty...fault/blush.gif

It's better suited to light coloured backgrounds, so maybe it will come into it's own in the summer months!

Also there's no way of keeping it attached to your poles without cutting holes in it or investing in clips - worth mentioning.

Mike

• 3 years later...

Hi guys, just bought one of these::

Yes it is see through, But, Surely if the back ground is showing through it makes it look like nothing is there?, as long as you keep still, the camo breaks up the outline of you anyway..

As someone on here has stated, its like NET CURTAIN,,, Can you see in anybodys house when looking straight on, No. But you can see out can`t you!!!!!... A small attached background shoulder height would suffice at the front ,,,looking from the sides at an angle it will break your form up anyway, as the camo will do that..

try looking through a net curtain sideways on, you cannot see through it, in fact try it with some net dyed to your own colours, dead grass or what ever, it will do the same job anyway.. And you cannot SNAG your barrels on it either, been down that road for years, willing to give it a try anyway, put some dark stuff at the back of doesn`t need to be PITCH BLACK... I Wear CAMO anyway, thats breaks your outline up and keep still.. it does appear to have a shiny surface though, if it glints at all, it will be masked by spraying to my colours, dead grass and greens and browns..

Regarding the attachement to the poles, BULLDOG CLIPS, screwed or CABLE TIED to them should do the trick, 2" ones not the small one`s.. and made of STEEL..

Bring it on...

just my thoughts,

Colin:Wisbech:UK.

Edited by subsonicnat

Does anyone have one of these? , Or see one?

They look pritty good if you ask me and if its really like the pictures on the net then i might have to get my self one!

81041828ip4.png

Also does anyone know if they do it other patterns other than the English Oak? Thanks..

Had one for 2 yrs now, i have to use an army camo net over the top as used on its own you may as well be sitting in a green house(rubbish on its own)Plus if you use it on its own it has the decision on where you set it,up as it needs a good back drop.On the plus side its light & very compact. If you buy the jack pike clearview, like me you will only have to purchase another net.I personally would look elsewhere.

Edited by Davyo