Poor service and ripped off

Warlock

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was probably the most pretentious thing I have seen on a gun forum. I'm quite sure Forsey's have got the sympathy vote after a true savaging (NOT) from Warlock.

They have probably lost their potentially biggest spender - £9. You really couldn't dream it up.

I think the whole thing should be pulled, a mans business could be damaged because some daft sod has a cob on over 9 quid get a life.you probably went to him cause your local shop was 50p more expensive.

I dont honestly think this has done anything to to harm the shop. If anything those that didnt know the shop was there do now. Free advertising! But take your point.

Dan

Edited by reddan

It was probably the most pretentious thing I have seen on a gun forum. I'm quite sure Forsey's have got the sympathy vote after a true savaging (NOT) from Warlock.

They have probably lost their potentially biggest spender - £9. You really couldn't dream it up.

Warlock's self-indulgence has been UNDOUBTEDLY the most pretentious thing I have ever read on any forum. I'm amazed.

Bet Forseys are thanking their lucky stars that they won't have to deal with him again.

Not so much a rant more of a cost Forsey money exercise. Seems to have done the job, i earn too much and have too higher ranking job to lower myself to mere ranting when exposing poor companies serves a better purpose.

I suppose if you have just been promoted to the Chief Bog Cleaner than you can brag - most people dont. One of the great things about Shooting and Golf is, whatever your job, however much you are worth, and how expensive your kit is, if you cant use your tools it means nothing.

To brag about jobs is too loose all sympathy and interest, cause it means nothing. :lol:

Now, if you're that p*ssed off - and want satisfaction, i'm sure a little shoot off, with an apology at stake, would be more Gentleman-like. Then, if you win you can brag that your high-flying job helped you. :good:

Not so much a rant more of a cost Forsey money exercise. Seems to have done the job, i earn too much and have too higher ranking job to lower myself to mere ranting when exposing poor companies serves a better purpose.

if u earn TOO MUCH as u put it ... then y bother moaning ?

When i first saw the amount of pages attached to this thread, i leapt out of bed and thought 'Where Is Munglers Trophy Now' thread was back !! Alas, no. That was a long thread indeed Mungler, but very entertaining - perhaps one day it will come back.

This thread however has made me cringe. I didnt know who this John Forsey was before, but i do now. Great advertising, and i think very dignified of him to 1. Make a response to Warlock through the forum and 2. Not make a second response !!. You could learn from that Warlock. Shame youve come out of this looking like the bad guy.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm pretty new to all of this, on the lookout for a first shotgun, This John Forsey shop seems reasonable, im working near there next week, ill pop in and have a look, I also own a business, and if i dealt with a tosspost like the originator (cant remember his name - cant be an important bloke), i would wish he placed his business elsewhere -obviously a cheapskate.

Bob ov Tipton ( you've probably heard of me?)

Hi,

I'm pretty new to all of this, on the lookout for a first shotgun, This John Forsey shop seems reasonable, im working near there next week, ill pop in and have a look, I also own a business, and if i dealt with a tosspost like the originator (cant remember his name - cant be an important bloke), i would wish he placed his business elsewhere -obviously a cheapskate.

Bob ov Tipton ( you've probably heard of me?)

Don`t come on this forum calling people a Tosspot, it`s not big, it`s not clever and really quite stupid, if your going to make a comment make a constructive one, unless you find that when you run your business you call all your customers Tosspots which if you do then people would be thanking their lucky stars they took their business elsewhere. I would guess a guy in the transport game would need all the customers he could get or is the recession in the transport game a myth and you can run your mouth calling people names.

my son went into forseys for some carts, they had some marked as £107 a thou,yet 250 of them cost him £37 :good:??,when he queried the price he was told take it or leave it,essex gun in future for him.

You always pay more for just 250 than if you buy 1000 ...

I know many people that have had excellent dealings with John Forsey and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone.

With regard to cartridge prices, I buy in large quantities and would be really miffed if I was paying the same pro rata rate for 1000's, as someone was paying for 250.

Every shop I know charges a pro rata higher price for the smaller quantities.

Over the years we have had people come on to the Forum slagging of shops/suppliers/manufacturers etc. and you have to always appreciate you are only reading one side of the story and trust me, there will be another side to consider.

i agree you should pay that bit more for 250,but come on!!! £37 that =£148 a thou, its a bit much dont you think :good: anyway there are youngsters and others who cant afford to buy by the thousand due to the current money situation<but would still like to shoot now and then

I don't know which shells are meant, but £37 per 250 is hardly dear. You will get clay clubs selling shells at £4+ per box.

I don't know why this thread has suddenly got resurrected - I am always a bit suspicious when this happens - but it has been good advertising for Forsey's, despite the original post.

With regard to cartridge prices, I buy in large quantities and would be really miffed if I was paying the same pro rata rate for 1000's, as someone was paying for 250.

Why? I still buy and shoot the same amount over the year.

And my 'local' (40 mile round trip) place sells them too me at the 1000 rate. That's why they get my business.

Every shop I know charges a pro rata higher price for the smaller quantities.

Why? I still buy and shoot the same amount over the year.

And my 'local' (40 mile round trip) place sells them too me at the 1000 rate. That's why they get my business.

Perhaps I should have said, "I buy and use large quantities", I don't just buy a couple of thousand to last a year.

Which makes me a good customer and expectant of a decent discount on quantity.

I also agree that £37 per 250 is a good price, there aren't many decent pigeon cartridges about at £148 per 1000.