wives car no mot what should I do

utectok

vote on the best course of action   

59 members have voted

1. 1. Help me choose

• pay the fine it is the drivers responsiblity
    • ask her to pay it she should mot the car
    • pay the fine and ask for those special treats she denies you in the bedroom
    • rip up the ticket and drive the car into a pond and hope it all goes away
    • question my local garagewhy they never sent a reminder and lay a dog egg on their forecourt

I have to look after my wifes car as she hasnt got a clue, besides I bought it and its in my name so my responsibility.

Is your wifes car in her name, does she normally take care of the tax and mot or do you do it on her behalf?

Regarding the poll you paying the fine and asking for thoses special treats in the bedroom I would want more shooting time instead, when ever I wanted with no moaning.

Yea deffo blokes job mate,

Having said that - the driver has a responsability when permitted to use a motor to check before driving it roadworthiness (remember that from my company car days - got shafted once in the smae sort of way as you by a company car of all thing (Pool car too)!

T

I my house also its a mans job to keep the cars on the road i would never think of sending the other 1/2 to a oily garage for anything

mot or otherwise but you do get a sticker with the date written on it on the inside of the screen to remind you !!

its not unheard of for garages to humm lets say over exaggerate issues to the fairer sex !!

You should pay up and she didn't get stopped you did !!

Here is an update... Of course I was going to pay the fine (and have done so). Asked the garage about no reminder note and they said since they had not done an mot on the car yet it was not in their system (car is from flea bay bought it sept 2007 1 yr mot). Its being MOTed now. Naturally I do do most of the car fixing and stuff but I usually expect the misses to pay for her car to be fixed and remind her to get it MOTed etc. Parking tickets of which she gets many are a bit contentious as they come in my name (I am reg keeper of the car) and I think she should pay them but the last one she didn't and they upped the fine to £120! Anyhows just a bit of fun, enjoyed the responses though and she was delighted the poll came out the way she thought is should!