ID Cards

Chard

I see they're going to trial these in Manchester :oops::D:P

What kind of gormless **** is going to pay money for one of these?

I've got no objections at all to carrying an ID card, I have nothing to hide, but I'm ****** if I'm paying good money for one :sick:

id cards is that just a step further toward communism !!

As for nothing to hide yehh so they keep saying if you have nothing to hide blah blah lets all stand in line for them to and hand our dna in @ the same time as our finger prints

& pay for the privilege to just add a few billion to the coffers for what i ask what are they going to do with this information its a bit late now ehh locking the gate after its bolted and all that poo poo i say !!

IT will not reduce crime or prevent it will it now , i just would like the Goverment to show what the benefits are instead of just saying it will help WHAT !! are they :sick:

I would be more than happy to have an ID card, IF it replaced ALL of tjhe following and more

Driving licence

Passport

Gun licence

National insurance card

Etc

etc

etc

If the card has a micro chip it should be as simple as plug in and update.

But there lies its flaw.

The government (who to be honest are not bright) claim it will reduce crime and fraud etc, but if the criminals get hold of it (and they will) they can then create any ID they want with anything on it.

So pointless.

Instead, they should start my micro-chipping all those that claim the dole. I think my cat was about £5 to get micro chipped.

Then people will be scanned when they get their dole and can not claim twice etc.

Or they should have a number on their foreheads (like a car number plate, the police are good at stopping people with them!) then they can catch more people.!

Edited by V8landy

The cards mean nothing.

They are valueless as proof of identity.

I heard on the radio that Chemists and Post Offices will handle applications. What proof of identity will they examine? A false passport? False birth cert? They are not qualified to spot anything and will issue cards on demand, thereby making them worthless.

The Nazis had ID cards didnt they...which then moved on to gold stars.....

But not for good behaviour.............................................

We are having biometric passports, the government has spent the mony on that already. Why go any further with UK residents. By all means make johnny foreigner pay, lets keep an eye on them when they are here. But I am ******** if they will get me to pay for one.

ft

I would be more than happy to have an ID card, IF it replaced ALL of tjhe following and more

Driving licence

Passport

Gun licence

National insurance card

Etc

thats the best idea if they do introduce a card, but i think it should be something simpler, instead of the card holding all the info it should be linked to a file on a computer system where all your details are kept, cops just swipe it on a scanner and check the info they need, also means you cant forge the card unless you hack the main computer.

BUT

i dont like anyone, never mind the government, having so much info about me and being so easily accessed. its been a while since i read 1984 but as soon as i hear the mod being rebranded the ministry of peace im ********* off somewhere very quick! :lol:

........ but i think it should be something simpler, instead of the card holding all the info it should be linked to a file on a computer system where all your details are kept, cops just swipe it on a scanner and check the info they need, also means you **** forge the card unless you hack the main computer........

Given the history of government IT projects, you could be banged up for a very long time whilst they clarify your connections with "Eastern European" persons, residing in Northern Ireland, gun owner ........... the list goes on!!

The Nazis had ID cards didnt they...which then moved on to gold stars.....

Ihre Papiere bitte?

And with the absence of.... A short sharp pain to the back of the neck.

We don't need I.D cards, your name and address is on everything these days.

I am afraid my friends it is already too late. Britain now has more Motorway/ City centre Survailance cameras than ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD!... A Mate of mine was recently done for speeding!... OK.. nowt wrong with that.... But because he questioned if the mobile camera was picking up the correct car as, he was being overtaken at the time by a VW GTI,... and remember here my mate is 62 years old, never had any points on his licence, he protested and was taken to court.!...NOW, LISTEN,.. HE HAD TO PRODUCE COPY,s OF HIS BANK STATEMENTS,... HIS PENSION DETAILS.! ALL OF HIS SAVINGS!! BEFORE HIS CASE WAS HELD??? WHAT THE **** IS HAPPENING TO BRITISH PEOPLE NOW???. obviously this **** goverment is taking on itself to pass laws that will bring in revenue from the traceable members of our once Great British population to pay for the upkeep of the thousands of ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS , WHOSE WELLBEING IS BEING PAID FOR, BY THE REST OF US, I NOW AWAIT FOR MY HONEST COMMENTS TO BE REMOVED

I am afraid my friends it is already too late. Britain now has more Motorway/ City centre Survailance cameras than ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD!... A Mate of mine was recently done for speeding!... OK.. nowt wrong with that.... But because he questioned if the mobile camera was picking up the correct car as, he was being overtaken at the time by a VW GTI,... and remember here my mate is 62 years old, never had any points on his licence, he protested and was taken to court.!...NOW, LISTEN,.. HE HAD TO PRODUCE COPY,s OF HIS BANK STATEMENTS,... HIS PENSION DETAILS.! ALL OF HIS SAVINGS!! BEFORE HIS CASE WAS HELD??? WHAT THE **** IS HAPPENING TO BRITISH PEOPLE NOW???. obviously this **** goverment is taking on itself to pass laws that will bring in revenue from the traceable members of our once Great British population to pay for the upkeep of the thousands of ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS , WHOSE WELLBEING IS BEING PAID FOR, BY THE REST OF US, I NOW AWAIT FOR MY HONEST COMMENTS TO BE REMOVED

WHEN YOU FIND OUT HOW YOUR MATE GOES ON PLEASE LET US ALL KNOW!

THIS SOUNDS MOST INTERESTING!!!!! :no:

Last year my son had someone from across the road from his mates house back into the door of his car, which fair enough may have been an accident but the "" cleared off and left no details :blink: so my sons mate said tell the police as this blokes violent so I took him to the local station to make a report out but before they would allow this he had to show his passport,driving licence,Insurance,Mot etc.

When I said he isnt the one who hit a car and drove off so why all this proof of ID etc I was told that they want to know he isnt breaking the law! they also wanted to see his car to "check it over as roadworthy" but I told them that I had given him a lift down as the door would not shut properly and if it was that important to them they could come and see the car when they visited the bloke who had hit it in the first place and driven off :yes:

I was told that I was being objectionable and holding up due process so I laughed then asked what they would do now? will they visit this man or not? THEN THEY LAUGHED :P

The Police rang my son three months later (the local community Constable) and said it would be progressing no further and if there was anything else he could help him with he only had to ring <_<

LOL

Just seen this. That's got to be BMan1 - no one else uses that many capitals, asterixs, exclamation and question marks!

Alright Ron.

FM :yes:

Edited by Ferret Master

for all those who have no problem with carrying an ID what about when it becomes law to have one about your person AT ALL TIMES. then when you don't carry it, you will have something to fear! It will be the new offences created by the id cards, which will be the problem, like the 16 new offences created by the digital tachograph

for all those who have no problem with carrying an ID what about when it becomes law to have one about your person AT ALL TIMES. then when you don't carry it, you will have something to fear! It will be the new offences created by the id cards, which will be the problem, like the 16 new offences created by the digital tachograph

ah youre just worried itll have youre date of birth on it, no more pretending to be only 53.... :yes: