223 overkill

Fleabag

hows things Dave?

nice shot mate you take that with in new gun?

its not dave its chris. was trying out some new powder mix with 50g nosler very impressed with the results. both shots are a capture from a video i took whilst home two weeks ago

perfectly executed painless kill

not what they will say they will say you violently murdered an animal with a gun which tore it to pieces....

honestly mate, may have been an animal killed with no pain, but the picture is something and anti can use, they dont give a damn about the story behind it....

Anti fodder, as mikee said...

ATB

Mark

Great shot and great picture,bud.The majority of people on this site will have witnessed this picture via their own scope many times but its great to see it frozen in time.If anyone on this site finds it offensive then they should pack up shooting asap -ultimatley its a perfect shot/kill.What could any anti say about it? :good:

Why would you title the picture "overkill" if you don't think its anti fodder or offensive? :yes:

I ment overkill because of the impact velocity compared to say a 22 air pellet. Offensive not a chance, anti, thats for causing stress and suffering to animals none of that here. whats the differance between buggsy being blasted or charlie. none, plenty of charlie pics on here mate.

perfectly executed painless kill

i didnt say it wasnt a good shot or a painless kill, and i dont find the pic offensive, its just that graphic pics of a creature with the back of its head blown off are what the anti's will pick up on, people finding amusement in the pictures i do find offensive, respect your quarry, alive and dead!!!!

its a still cut from a video not a master class of high speed long range photography, get over it.

mikee

I think you ought to post some of the clips up Chris - including the boring lead up to the shots which shows the effort made in selecting a safe shot area and good timing rather than just pointing and squirting a boom stick in it's direction and hoping you hit it. Those rabbits didn't even know something awful had come their way - there's nothing inhumane in that. I'm sure anti's would agree that is better than a slow death by poison or many of the other methods of rabbit control that are used and discussed on forums.

We'll get a good clip done next week with two or three rifles hanging out the Pajero. Unfortunately the camcorder Chris got is a Panasonic which records in MPEG2 - and the exclusive editing software is a bitch to use. Windows Movie Maker and such won't touch it.

• 2 weeks later...