Rangefinders

30-6

I use mine for setting up targets and checking zeros. I have also checked most of my permissions for distances to and from landmarks. I know that my fields are 225 yards wide at the top and 275 at the bottom. I know from the entrance to the bottom hedgerow is nearly 300 and from corner to corner is a long way. If I'm out shooting the 22 I don't normally use it as I'm zero'd for 60 yards and I don't shoot further than that except in some special cases. Those cases I'll have the range finder with me.

Thanks

Rick

Does anybody recommend rangefinders for air-rifle or FAC air-rifle or .22 rimfire ?

Are they worth using on these relatively short distances, invaluable or a gimmick ?

Anybody got any views on the JSR £90 one ?

Iv got one, basic, accurate, does what it says on the tin relay.

I take mine with me every time the airgun comes out :look:

I use mine for sight setting target work,checking random distances on my shoot especially if i have spotted charlie there a few times,and it is handy on the golf course aswell(mainly to see how far it is to get back to the fairway i should be on :look: )

I have a nikkon and it ranges up to 1000 yards

Does anybody recommend rangefinders for air-rifle or FAC air-rifle or .22 rimfire ?

Are they worth using on these relatively short distances, invaluable or a gimmick ?

Anybody got any views on the JSR £90 one ?

I use a Bushnell Yardage Pro,dead easy to use, no whistles or bells just a straight forward good bit of kit, I use it alot zeroing and for checking/setting up bait sites for charles

things have a habit of looking closer in the dark and its good to know the range in advance, so yes very worthwhile having and this one wont break the bank.

Rgds D2D

I've got an Optisan strike from MTC about £130.

I use it all the time, if not as a range finder I use it too look through.

It's only 4X but it is one handed operation and great for checking any slight movement out.

The Leica is much better as it allows you to check the range through the wind screen, where the Optisan tells me that the target is 0.4 yds away. :hmm:

i have a pair of Bushnell yardage pro 500, £149 had them now for probably 8 years never faulted.

same accuracy as the rest -+ 1yrd.

does spending another £2-300 make them any better :hmm: or any worse.

gives you a few extra £ to spend on a scope or ammo :lol: