What 's your favorite Game Cartridge?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone got any experince with Game Bore Black Gold Game or Lyalvale Express Supreme Game cartridges?

Thanks

Ben

My dad used to swear by these until he got a fiber wad stuck in his barrel on a driven day a few weeks ago and i have had problems with ejector not ejecting these on my silver pig, not a problem i had on any other cart so am trying different ones now including VIPs Gand Prix and some RCs.

George

Eley Classic Game for special occasions definitely - very expensive (£8.50 a box!!), but their paper casing, packaging, smell etc always seems to add to the occasion, not to mention they tend to kill very cleanly. Get them while you can - don't think they make the 20 Bore Classic Game any longer :good:

My dad used to swear by these until he got a fiber wad stuck in his barrel on a driven day a few weeks ago and i have had problems with ejector not ejecting these on my silver pig, not a problem i had on any other cart so am trying different ones now including VIPs Gand Prix and some RCs.

George

Which ones got stuck? The Game Bore Black Gold Game or Lyalvale Express Supreme Game?

Beno,

Both superb.

Personally though really know about it when using Gamebore Blackgolds...seem that bit louder/punchier.

Once you get up into the £200+ per thou though I cannot think of a bad cartridge.

Presume you're thinking for Pheasant? Either will do a good job. If it is a genuinely high bird shoot then go Gamebore.

ATB

Which ones got stuck? The Game Bore Black Gold Game or Lyalvale Express Supreme Game?

Lyavale

can you actually get a fibre wad stuck bearing in mind that would mean the propellant had to explode in the barrel in a captive area which ought to make it blow the barrel up

All i know is it happened and he was not happy as it is was his first day of the season and his new gun :lol:

George

• 2 weeks later...

George

I bought 250 of those 2 years ago and had the same problem. they wouldn't eject very well from my silver pigeon 3. had some that didn't go into the gun well either. i wouldn't buy them again.

The best patterns from my gun were produced by Hull, High Pheasant and Sterling Game. All shells were fibre, apart from some Hevi-shot that I wanted to try, and all were reasonable. Statistically the poorest patterns were with Eley VIP 32gx5's.

ft

I had some duff gamebore clear pigeon 30g 6's the other day.Out of one box i had 3 that wouldnt fire(2 with no mark on primer)and 1 THAT WOULDNT EVEN FIT IN CHAMBER.I know they are cheap cartridges but that is 4 out of 25 unfit to use.

For game i always use sipe 6 or 5's depending on time of year.

Found RC Sipe Prestige to be a very capable 12g game cart :lol:

Used a 20 bore for first time on a game shoot on Saturday, having bought several different types I somehow ended up using Lyalvale Express in 28 gram no 6; might be a dodgy batch but a large percentage didn't load properly (making it hard to close the gun) and also didn't eject once fired :lol:

Needless to say Lyalvale are off my Christmas card list - will never buy ANY of their carts again.

I have also performed a total U turn on Lyevale Express.

Having used them for ages in 12 gauge, pro Fibre for Clays and Spreme & special game,I have always been delighted.

Then I bought slab of pro fibre in 20 gauge and had cartridges so deformed they would not fit in chambres even if you would have wanted to!

I had 3 totally unuseable in one 25 cartridge box.

As I use @ 5000 cartridges a year and was a fan , I emailed Lyevale Express' Brian Jackson thinking they ought to know a machine was eating the odd cartridge and no doubt they knew the problem. Brian Jackson responded in the ''never get complaints,cannot believe it will collect immediately'' type positive way.We agreed i would drop an example of the problem at the Gunshop where I purchased them and I thought what a professional way to respond.

Well to cut along story short they never collected them from the gunshop to where I returned a duff one to show them the problem along with its box,nor has Mr Jackson responded to my email asking for an update. So for me Lyevale Express can go poke it.

They too are off my shopping list due to unfortunately joke customer service. And as we all know one quick response,even just a box of 25 shells for my trouble and I would have been a customer for life...sad.

so anyway RC professional 30g 6s and SIPE 32g 5 for game,Hull for all clays and clear pigeons 30g 6s in 12 gauge, and anything BUT Lyevale Express in the 20s!!!

• 4 months later...
Guest cookoff013
Hull 32g Sterling Game & High Phesant 5's & 6's for me

high phesant for me too, used in a 6 ages ago, just picked up some #5s to try.

i just love hull stuff.

try and buy from these manufacturers in this order.

Hull

rio

rotwil

lylevale xpress

gamebore

you know, i`ve only fired 25 eley cartridges ever !