Cla gamefair?

cocker boy

I have a friend like that He doesn't go out much either lol

I have lots of friends that go out quite often because they have more time and money to spread about rather than lose it all in large wads :)

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have lots of friends that go out quite often because they have more time and money to spread about rather than lose it all in large wads :)

Yes I bet you all form a que at the bar.... Jockeying for last position..

Yes I bet you all form a que at the bar.... Jockeying for last position..

No, none of us jockey for anywhwere, we ride in style :lol: so you would have lost that bet - so more money wasted :unhappy:

Anyway, back on track.

I also think the entry fee is too expensive for the average guy and am sure there are other places that could be enjoyed just as much for a lot less cash. :)

For what the CLA offers, I think it's actually reasonable to good value. The Midland is not far behind and people were happy last weekend to pay £30 for the Bicester air show/Flywheel Festival, what for me, seemed to be a small show. Judging by the huge queues every year to get into the CLA, it seems many people are more than happy to pay the entrance fee.

I've paid £92 for my son and mysefl to go to the RIAT airshow in Fairford.

No, none of us jockey for anywhwere, we ride in style :lol: so you would have lost that bet - so more money wasted :unhappy:

Anyway, back on track.

I also think the entry fee is too expensive for the average guy and am sure there are other places that could be enjoyed just as much for a lot less cash. :)

yes you could go to a flea market & haggle over price

What's a Flea Market , is that something peculiar to your part of ther country ?

It wouldn't surprise me in the least.

From your posts I detect a slight form of antagonism.

Have I upset you because I appear to be a bit more carefull with my money than you Yorkshire folk are supposed to be ?

I think the point is, some may not think it is good value, of course you could save a bomb if you never left the house, but in reality £25 for a day out is peanuts these days.

And no I am not going, I enjoyed the social side of the Blenheim one catching up with friends but the rest of it isn't my thing any more.

I am going to Jagd und Hund for a day in February and I have to get on an aeroplane and hotel and everything for that - just imagine how much that will cost...

I think the point is, some may not think it is good value, of course you could save a bomb if you never left the house, but in reality £25 for a day out is peanuts these days.

And no I am not going, I enjoyed the social side of the Blenheim one catching up with friends but the rest of it isn't my thing any more.

I am going to Jagd und Hund for a day in February and I have to get on an aeroplane and hotel and everything for that - just imagine how much that will cost...

Now that is worth saving for, so the £25 saved on the Game Fair will get you a couple of steins of Hoff brau and the way the £1 is against the Euro that will be good value.

Not going to Croatia pig worrying before then ?

I'm told, on good authority, that it has now been declared a 'Palmer Free' area :)

The other point of course is that it isn't just £25 for a day out at the Game Fair, it's all the other gear you didn't realise you needed until you see it, then there's the food and drink that your money gets spent on.

I paid £65 to go to watch a football match at Arsenal last season do I would say the cla is a cheap day out. If it was £10 to get in the cla someone would moan it should be £5 !!!!!!. You either pay up and have a day/days with like minded folk or stop at home. Simple really

I have a friend like that

He doesn't go out much either lol

. Brilliant. If I was £25 short for car insurance I wouldn't have a car !.

What's a Flea Market , is that something peculiar to your part of ther country ?

It wouldn't surprise me in the least.

From your posts I detect a slight form of antagonism.

Have I upset you because I appear to be a bit more carefull with my money than you Yorkshire folk are supposed to be ?

I don't mind saying this on the forum rather than a pm

I meant no offence to you at all just a bit of leg pulling I hope you can take it that way....

See I even resisted to temptation to......... Lol

I paid £65 to go to watch a football match at Arsenal last season do I would say the cla is a cheap day out. If it was £10 to get in the cla someone would moan it should be £5 !!!!!!. You either pay up and have a day/days with like minded folk or stop at home. Simple really

. Brilliant. If I was £25 short for car insurance I wouldn't have a car !.

This is exactly right, value is in the eye of the wallet holder.

I don't mind saying this on the forum rather than a pm

I meant no offence to you at all just a bit of leg pulling I hope you can take it that way....

See I even resisted to temptation to......... Lol

Darn it, I fell for it hook line and sinker didn't I :rolleyes:

I suppose I am getting a bit like my old dog, not quite as tolerant as I used to be :no:

It's still expensive. We pay through the nose, the traders have to pat through the nose (meaning there's always less chance of a bargain to be found as they have to recoup losses). Not saying it'll turn me away because its a good opportunity to see what's on the market, try and get a feel for new equipment and things that you may otherwise not see etc. I do just think we're all being ripped off for the privilege. Don't even get me started on the costs of food and drink, luke warm Nescafe for £2 or £3, 'burgers' of some variety of meat allegedly in a bun for £6 or £7 etc. It's just all a bit rich. Like the people it's mainly aimed at. I'm not *****, I'll take a flask, my corned beef sandwiches and climb the fence to sneak in hahaha.

What I find funny is the amount of people that winge like infants because they spend £3 on a coffee. Or £5 on a sawdust burger.

Simple answer to your winges folk, well 2 actually

1 is dont go

and 2 is if you feel the need to have a day out for £25 and enjoy browsing around all the wares and shooting/ country sports related stuff, getting your hands on any new gear that's on show. Then can I suggest you take some food and drinks with you, Hey! you could even have a picnic or even a BBQ. Then you could have some of the best Fillet stake slapped in a cob drizzled with salad cream and sliced beetroot washed down by a can of shandy Bass :good::lol:

And Ed your a tight bum anyway. :good: (are you still dropping those Boar)

Edited by Dougy

What I find funny is the amount of people that winge like infants because they spend £3 on a coffee. Or £5 on a sawdust burger.

Hahaha but not as funny as the number of people who think it's just peachy to be overcharged for it. :P Each to their own. I wish that was a position we could all find ourselves in. Mine wasn't a whinge, it was an observation which I still maintain is entirely valid. It's overpriced. If more people voted with their feet or if there was a cheaper alternative then maybe the CLA would redress the balance and make it affordable to the masses.

That's the spirit but as I'm in my seventies I'll forgo the fence climbing bit :lol:

EMcC you might find it funny but I find it unbelievable, ginger swingers "Mick" won't be climbing any fences, not with his knees, there quite possibly the gnarliest worst sounding knees ever, ... now i'm not the type to put my hand on another man's knee but when he insisted it was gruesome,........ on a lighter & possibly hypocritical note at least I get free travel in Mick's magic car!!!

In my view 75 per cent of the people that attend these fairs nowadays wouldn't know one end of a gun from the other, they're simply buying into the "countrified" lifestyle in their 4x4's that never go offroad, taking Giles and Samantha to see the doggy woggys and the quaint rural practices. And they've got disposable income so what's the problem?

Heading up from the wilds of Somerset.. Hotel booked.. I am going for the buzz of it all, to check out gun row and all the goodies, followed by the hunting and fishing areas. Wifes going for the shopping and cookery. Youngest sons going to check out the London totty in the micro skirts and Dubarry boots.. God I must be getting old.... :rolleyes:

Yes, it's not cheap to get in ,but it's huge, all the best traders, gunmakers are there, and it's brilliant day out.

The gundog events and demonstrations, the clay lines, the atmosphere of the whole event make the price and the journey worth it.

I've been going on and off since 1980.Take your own food and drink though!!!

In my view 75 per cent of the people that attend these fairs nowadays wouldn't know one end of a gun from the other, they're simply buying into the "countrified" lifestyle in their 4x4's that never go offroad, taking Giles and Samantha to see the doggy woggys and the quaint rural practices. And they've got disposable income so what's the problem?

You going the stu? Lol