rewarding day thanks to the crew

muncher

Last week I found a flight line going across a broad area and after an hour I had a few in the bag so quick couple of texts and my brother and Motty joined me in some flightline shooting ,anyway to cut a story short we managed to pick up 91 and some good sport was had .

Earlier this week I thought I would have a look to see if they could be flighted again ,the birds were still coming through but now landing on standing wheat ,so I kept an eye on the build up and thought better check with the farmer if he wants them shot ,yep get em delt with please .The part of the field they wanted wasn't really suitable to decoy as there wasn't any good place to make a hide as these birds have seen a lot of action .So decided to put up a rotary on one corner next to a shallow dyke . The first customers decoyed very well and we soon had 20 on the clicker ,then they started to shy off and go wide so my brother went the other side of the rotary and took them as they flared wide ,and I took the ones that decoyed .I decided to try another rotary and see if this would help, but to me it didn't ,so as I was taking it down my brother came over and said it was bringing them in but they were now skirting unseen by my behind me around a big bush , so we moved about 50 yards further down the dyke the other side of the bush and started to shoot there the day wore on and we had some challenging shots all day when the clicker reached 165 we had had enough so we started picking up .After an hour we had a truck full, so tired and hungry went back to mine to unload the gear and birds . we put 96 in the freezer and put the gear away and after some coffee and toast went back to work the dogs again .we picked up another 57 so that made 153 picked ,the dogs were brilliant and we were pleased at only losing a few as some of them were fly away and drop dead a field over .

WP_20150718_008.jpg

Your post was too complicated for me to follow. However it does seem that you did very well. That is a good picture of some tired and thirsty dogs.

I didn't want to put to much detail in as its shot by several other guns ,that and im not very good at setting a scene .

Top effort, Jules. :good:

Cheers mate nearly called you but you said you don't like shooting over standing crops.

90 birds flighting is a top day pal,and if they where high up,top shooting to,,,well done with that lot to watch..lol..

was very good flight cheers

A cracking bag again Jules but seems you had to work for it .

An excellent job by the picking up team too :) you did well to leave so few out of such a big bag , if only everyone put in as much effort.

yes mate we got back to mine at 9.30 ,long day

I am not a fan of shooting standing crops either but would have happily shot in your circumstances , you had the means to pick the vast majority of birds and the farmer obviously did not mind you running the dogs through .

You are lucky to have a few decent dogs between you as In the warm conditions I am sure it would have been too much work for one.

Excellent days sport had by you and your brother , and full credit to you and the crew for the time and effort you made in picking up in the heat and the tiring conditions.

P S ....I love the photo , you would have a job to see a better group of honest working Labs than the team in the photo ( The A Team ) .

Thanks for sharing it with us .

You were at work ,but I might have found another load, will investigate, asap but as I had the wife with me a detour with our take away might not of gone down well .

I know I was mate more's the pity !

Got a couple of things on this coming week but should have Wed and Saturday free :yes: if you do find some you want to share !

I know I was mate more's the pity !

Got a couple of things on this coming week but should have Wed and Saturday free :yes: if you do find some you want to share !

If I find some it will have to be Wednesday as im working this weekend but I will check out the huge flock of birds I saw this evening and get doing some homework on who owns the land etc.

Excellent days sport had by you and your brother , and full credit to you and the crew for the time and effort you made in picking up in the heat and the tiring conditions.

P S ....I love the photo , you would have a job to see a better group of honest working Labs than the team in the photo ( The A Team ) .

Thanks for sharing it with us .

Cheers most belong to my brother should be one more there but I lost her this year in a tragic accident, one of the best dogs ive had the pleasure to be with.

I didn't want to put to much detail in as its shot by several other guns ,that and im not very good at setting a scene .

Cheers mate nearly called you but you said you don't like shooting over standing crops.

was very good flight cheers

yes mate we got back to mine at 9.30 ,long day

What a shame. I don't have a problem shooting standing stuff as long as I can look for the birds. You did well to find all those, though my mud dog could have helped. :)