Shot gun licence needs renewl

krowe79

has the system changed then ? if so when...........as i need to renew mine next year and im under the impression i have to get my photos signed and all the usual blah blah blah...directors / farmers / doctors signiture.........................

I have been told to send my old one in but also been told don't which is right ?

Take a photocopy of it before you send it off then at least you have all your information should it get lost in the post.

Don't know what area your in, but north wales are happy with copy or original. Just done mine a couple of months ago.

Hope this helps.

Take a photocopy of it before you send it off then at least you have all your information should it get lost in the post.

Don't know what area your in, but north wales are happy with copy or original. Just done mine a couple of months ago.

Hope this helps.

They lost mine three times in the post

I bet you had a copy though :whistling:

Also send it recorded / signed for / tracked to reduce the risk of being lost in the post ;)

I had a copy but no good as it was my FAC sent it to be opened , they posted it out twice never turned up asked them do not post again as I'm moving to a new house , yep they posted to the old house never turned up, they hand delivered it on checking cabinets

That's changed very recently. Unless I didn't read the form correctly back in April :/

That changed with the new forms which came in at the end of 2013

Regarding sending in your old certificate : the HO guidance says this should be sent in 'if it is available'. If you need to buy cartridges, or may need it for other reasons, then it is not available to be sent in, so you can send in a photocopy.

Dear All,

BASC guidance on applications are renewals is here: http://basc.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/downloads/2015/01/Forms-Guide-2015.pdf

David

David, a question, if I may.

What is the situation regarding FAC variations and sending in your current FAC with the variation application, or keeping it until the variation is processed ?