Recommend me a decent and reasonably priced gun mounted lamp please...

minibbb

Get a lightforce 140 they are ok for typical .22 ranges, Or get a 170 if you envisage using it on a foxing rifle at a latter date.

I like Lightforce lights they are light and have worked great for me, have a 240 blitz on the roof of the truck and have two 170s for rifles.

Clulites are ok have a clubman deluxe some where with the gate light on it, good sturdy little lamp could do your job ok, but of these options i would get a 140 lightforce.

NM400 or 800 are prob the best out there but more light than you will need, a red pill emits red light were a filter on a white bulb just filters out the other lights in the spectrum leaving the red but reduces the power considerably. Clulite do some good mountable lights that are great for 22 lr.

hello, i would suggest using a torch with red pil and not filter if your not using with night vision, check out ludicrous lumens torch kits

+1 Got a T67 on my HMR with both a red pill and a IR pill, great piece of kit, would of ideally gone for a t50 but Andy was out of stock at the time I got mine.

Thanks all, really helpful replies. Looked on ludicrous lumens- looks like a good site. Just need to work out the differences between the T20 and T50 as will probably be between these two- with a red pill as opposed to a red filter.

I'm hoping the scope mount will let me use it with my 4-12x50

Thanks all, really helpful replies. Looked on ludicrous lumens- looks like a good site. Just need to work out the differences between the T20 and T50 as will probably be between these two- with a red pill as opposed to a red filter.

I'm hoping the scope mount will let me use it with my 4-12x50

I use a red T20 on my HMR, it will be more then enough for a .22 I don't think it would be worthwhile looking at the other (bigger capacity?) torches.

I use a red T20 on my HMR, it will be more then enough for a .22 I don't think it would be worthwhile looking at the other (bigger capacity?) torches.

Thanks Harry that's v helpful! Sadly ludicrous lumens don't have the T20 in stock but I found this kit on eBay- bargain! Is this the same as yours? Item 262409170956

Thanks Harry that's v helpful! Sadly ludicrous lumens don't have the T20 in stock but I found this kit on eBay- bargain! Is this the same as yours? Item 262409170956

hello, that should be okay to 100mtrs but always keep a check on charger, if you want more batteries get a battery pack from old lap top should be some 18650s

hello, that should be okay to 100mtrs but always keep a check on charger, if you want more batteries get a battery pack from old lap top should be some 18650s

Certainly worth a look if you get a chance, but I think most will be pretty knackered anyway!

:good:

Ok, a bit of background, I've been involved with this shooting malarkey virtually all my life, and been involved in night shooting most of that time. I currently have 2 x Lamping Kits and NV, and now several torches.

Torches are a new area to me and I've still got a lot to learn, but without doubt many are pretty good these days and getting better.

post-20848-0-93151200-1465826477_thumb.jpgpost-20848-0-96562700-1465826736_thumb.jpg

Pics are both the same with different light, first 2 torches are 3000LM and bottom is 5000LM (at least that's what the listings say). Price from £1.66 top - £3.79 bottom. Total price Delivered from China. Top is 110mm long, bottom is 135mm long.

They are all capable of 100 yards, they are all zoom, but I rate the bottom best, and of course they are all cheap Chinese, EBAY so who knows. Don't quote me on the terms but the first 2 have a marginally more yellow light than the bottom, which is a slightly bluer light, but in honesty its only because the bottom one is slightly different I say that, the top 2 don't look yellow as such. The pattern/beam on spread and zoom is also different on all 3.

At the moment I am very pleased/impressed, so much so I'm also looking at the T20 types and above.

All my night shooting equipment still has a role, these torches are just adding to the versatility of my choice!

Edited by Dekers

It's certainly a way of saving a few bob, recycling instead of binning.

Certainly worth a look if you get a chance, but I think most will be pretty knackered anyway!

It's very possible that just an odd cell is defunked.

a t20 with new red turbo pill will shine further than you will be shooting you 22lr and can be picked up for £30

colin

Thanks Colin- I couldn't see a turbo pill advertised anywhere?

Lots of interesting posts thanks folks! Still between a T50 and T20!

Thanks Colin- I couldn't see a turbo pill advertised anywhere?

Lots of interesting posts thanks folks! Still between a T50 and T20!

hello, all interesting replies as to what is the best RED or I/R addition torch either sat on a day scope or N/V system either a DIY / photon etc, when i started most were using a 501 b with CR123A batteries as i did, a few upgrades could be made to get the best use like a concave lens, then the T types came in and a lot of shooters were changing to them as came with concave lens and better batteries, 3 mode and a beam change, early torches were expensive and well made but now you can pick up a full kit for £20 which will do a good job, i decided on T38s one red one I/R which i found suitable for sub 12 air rifle and photon, now with L/R and needing a bit more range i found adding a 2 x doubler helped, now we have the new I/R AS pil and many find a vast improvement so i have just purchased and think a good buy at £12 although perhaps i should have bought a full kit, now i look forward to using the T38 and AS I/R on my MK1 photon and L/R and if anything to go by what others have said it will be well worth it, so what ever torch you buy minibbb enjoy your shooting

please be careful using old laptop batteries, most don't have the inbuilt protection circuit (it's in the pack container instead), so there is the risk that they can short and go tonto in your bag, car or torch.

I've heard of more than a few instances of this happening.

well worth noting mick,

please be careful using old laptop batteries, most don't have the inbuilt protection circuit (it's in the pack container instead), so there is the risk that they can short and go tonto in your bag, car or torch.

I've heard of more than a few instances of this happening.

beat me to it they are not good, i got some from a mate picked them up from his house put them in car between front seat's got a mile up the road when the wife said there is smoke in the car, the batteries were touching each other and started smoking quite a lot and got too hot to touch,

i have t20,t38,t50 and t67 and would say the 20 and 38 are more than enough with red pill i got a white pill for the 67 and think the light blinded more than i shot,

but as mick say's the new range with changeable heads seam's the best idea if i didn't have so may i would get one with all the heads

colin