night vision scopes

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made one myself, didn't like the shooting position of bolt ons, worked well tho

i have seen quite a few different types made a few different type the near eye being the most comfy to shoot but sadly had the worst picture as i was using a maplins dvr as a screen and was not as clear as some of the others only down side to my builds is to keep them small and have no external wires the batteries i used would only give about 1.5-2 hours if left on so had to flick on and off for shooting with the screen types i just added red screen gel to stop glare

colin

Hi Guys

Not sure if this is the right place to ask.

Looking at buying a night vision scope to go on my Howa 223

I have boiled it down to 2 scopes Yukon photon 6.5 X 50 or the new ATN X 5X20

Although ATN is twice the price there about., apparently a lot better in daytime than Yukon

Appreciate any feedback from you if you have either of these scopes regarding day/night quality or anything else that you have experienced with the scopes.

Most of my foxing varies from approx. 50 yds to 250yds both day/night

Appreciate your input.

I have used both on my own howa 223.had the atn on for 18 months and shot a lot of foxs with it,no problems with it.had the photon 6.5 on my hmr first then put it on the 223..

xsight far better than photon in daylight but photon better at night.as most of my foxing is at night im sticking with the photon

mine was the old 3x12 xsight

Great information coming through.

Looks like some of you guys like the YUKONS & then some like the ATN's

How do these really compare with the 5x15 DRONE PRO, as I would have to rob the bank for one of these, but just might be worth it.

I watched RIPS260 using the DRONE PRO on youtube and was very impressed by what I saw.

Anyone on this forum got a DRONE PRO or have used one.

Appreciate any further info that we could all benefit from.

Many thanks for the info so far it is great help to all.

Taff

Great information coming through.

Looks like some of you guys like the YUKONS & then some like the ATN's

How do these really compare with the 5x15 DRONE PRO, as I would have to rob the bank for one of these, but just might be worth it.

I watched RIPS260 using the DRONE PRO on youtube and was very impressed by what I saw.

Anyone on this forum got a DRONE PRO or have used one.

Appreciate any further info that we could all benefit from.

Many thanks for the info so far it is great help to all.

Taff

Hi Taff

I am on the night vision forums a lot and to be honest for dedicated digital the general consensus is nothing currently holds a candle to the drone pro. If I replaced my Ward D 700 for a dedicated I would have no hesitation in getting one.

Second hand movements of kit tell their own story and when a Drone Pro comes us for sale it doesnt lose masses of value and generally is snapped up very rapidly.

I think this might be a newer model, it only appeared last week I think.

ahh , the guy on the scotts country stand did say that a new model was on the way in october , im desparate(and i mean wetting myself) to buy thermal , i just cant justify spending £2,000 on what is essentially a toy for me to play with.

Yes, Scott country are sending it.

i asked if they had a next step up from the cheap hand held thermal , they said that it was on the way in october , i cant remember the price but £700 sticks in my head for some reason , ill be very keen to hear of your findings.

Mel b3, you will not be disappointed!! A mate brought one for me to have a play with and it was amazing! Thermal spotter teamed with an Archer made it almost too easy!

was it one of the cheapies from scotts country that you tried or one of the better quality thermal units ? , ive had a look through one of the better quality ones, it was like seeing ir nv for the first time again.

************* it have ordered a DRONE pro waiting for for delivery.

Credit card has gone into meltdown

But one life no rehearsals

I will let you know how it pans out.

Again many thanks for all the good informative threads on here, hopefully we can all benefit from this

Regards Taff

Jealous........Keep us posted mate :good: