stretchy over stock ammo holder

mikee

my mate bought me one of those stretchy neoprene ammo holders to put on the stock of my .243, i cant work out if it was a kind gesture or a slightly sarcastic one as he usually has a dig at the amount of rifles, shotguns and other paraphernalia i seem to have amassed over the years.

do other rifle users have these, it smacks a bit of michael ryan to me, i'm not sure if weather to fit it or not

mikee

My mates got one on his 243 n I plan to get one :lol: Can hold about 8 bullets on the stock, handy lil thing to have :good:

Yes but the average magazine holds 5.

So your mate needs at anytime 5 in the mag and 8 on the stock (a total of 13).

Questions:

1. When do you let more than 5 go at one time when out in the field, and then need to *quickly* grab another 1 to 8 off the stock?

2. When do you ever go out and just limit yourself to just 13 rounds i.e. limited to your mag and what's round your stock as opposed to a box / pocketful of ammo?

People have them because they look like you mean business, you can give it some BS that you got them standard issue after storming an embassy on special duties, Ross Kemp would have one and the ladies love them. Clunk click, tactical and practical.

Edited by Mungler

I use one of the padded 'Hunters of England' cheek-pieces, purely because it gives an extra 1" of height to bring my eye perfectly in line with the scope every time. I find that quite handy with high-mag scopes when out foxing. It has webbing loops for 6 rounds, but I don't use them (as I am not a Walt).

Questions:

1. When do you let more than 5 go at one time when out in the field, and then need to *quickly* grab another 1 to 8 off the stock?

2. When do you ever go out and just limit yourself to just 13 rounds i.e. limited to your mag and what's round your stock as opposed to a box / pocketful of ammo?

People have them because they look like you mean business, you can give it some BS that you got them standard issue after storming an embassy on special duties, Ross Kemp would have one and the ladies love them. Clunk click, tactical and practical.

I have always said you don't look complete in without two leather bandoliers across your chest and a sombrero when out shooting in suffolk

Questions:

Actually we only take about 8 rounds total. Then when ready load 3 into the mag and have 5 spares. Also easier and quieter than having 5 rounds jingling round in your pocket!! :lol:

yes i use one on the mossberg 12ga to hold five 36gram 0's incase i run into foxes, hares, etc (it used to be buckshot incase of bulls - i ******* hate bulls! but thought buckshot on a hare was a waste), its useful as id never remember to lift them otherwise. and yes, the gun hold 3 carts at a time, but because my cartridge belt holds 25 does that mean im an idiot cos i cant fit all 25 in the gun at once? :good:

as a side note, its mandatory with pump actions to have shells strapped to the stock. youre just not a true pump owner if you dont :good:

:lol::good:

Lads, don't get me wrong - I have listened to all the Walt based "reasoned arguments" about how any given shooter at any given time really needs an elastic sock that displays a quantity of additional ammo, and I have ignored every one.

I am going with "it looks cool and it was less than a tenner delivered off ebay".

Lads, don't get me wrong - I have listened to all the Walt based "reasoned arguments" about how any given shooter at any given time really needs an elastic sock that displays a quantity of additional ammo, and I have ignored every one.

I am going with "it looks cool and it was less than a tenner delivered off ebay".

My mate has one on his benelli pump... But then a pump wouldn't be the same without it!

yep only £4.99 for the black elasticy type ones off ebay :good:

My mate has one on his benelli pump... But then a pump wouldn't be the same without it!

:lol::good:

each to their own i suppose,no one see s mine so no rambo thing going on here,only use my rifle in darkness,just a lot easier to carry spare ammo on gun than in pocket for me.never know when that good night will appear,have shot 4 foxes in one field on one farm,so never know when shooting 6 farms in one night. :lol:

I have one on my semi which I must admit comes in handy when either I'm sitting down and don't want to fumble around my waist for some carts or I mostly use it for 40g carts incase I see fox or something. As for using it on a rifle I have a mini-14 .223 with several 25 round high cap mags so an extra five on the stock just wouldn't be any use.

Oh dear :yes:

Am i gay or just one who has to have every thing :blink: :good:

i use mine quite often if i'm doing some long range bunny bashing (100yards) :yes:

although i can get 10 in mine :blink: :blink:

It keeps them all together,and it keeps the scratches off the nice shiney cases :)

As for looking cool maybe but as i go out mostly in the dark i cant see that being the reason :good:

Yeah I am loving the plausible explanations; so we have:

1. keeps cheeks / ammo warm - :yp:

2. keeps ammo handy - just like pockets but a lot more SAS :yp:

3. stops scratches - I find treating the gun with care and using a slip works best but it's not very SAS I know :lol:

How about this one;-

Always have a bullet or 10 handy, just in case they fell out of your pocket when you slipped over on the way to the top of the mountain while walking in 2 feet of snow in Croatia, and you need to shoot a charging giant, masive ,huge M-F angry Mung chomping Wild Boar, with no bullets :good:

And you could have nicely tucked away in your little stretchy bulllet holder thingy, wrapped around your "BUTT" some nice shiny bullets to load into your rifle and shoot the big Pigy.

therefore saving your own Butt and being able to ware your undies yet another day :blink:

must say I don't use one never really found its an issue having a box of .223 ammo in my pocket. Its to hand it doesn't jangle and you don't have to faff about unloading it before putting it in the cabinet. Usually I load 5 rounds into the magazine and unload at least 4 when back to the farm :blink: but thats just for foxing