BASC Monthly or Quarterly Fee

Billy.

BASC Fee to have an extra option to charge either monthly or quarterly  

207 members have voted

1. 1. Would you support this?

• Yes
    • No

Please just spend one second of your time voting on this, as I would like a good turnout on this one, so hopefully it can be put forward if it has a good response.

Still keeping the annual option for those who don't mind paying outright, would you also like BASC to offer the £64 fee to be split and automatically charged, monthly or quarterly?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I would but at no extra charge.

I know Im not a big supporter of BASC but if they are the biggest voice in the UK. I think it would be a good idea to join up at some point.

But the way Mr pinky and Davie BASC goes about it puts me off it.

I did want to write this about all the insurance groups, but I didn't know if any already did this and got my facts wrong.

If you cant afford £64.00 how can you afford cartridges ?

Why not do interest free credit for 5 years then pay 40% interest thereafter :good:

When I meet DavidBASC I am gonna shake him by the hand, why he bothers with this forum I cant work out..

EDIT : BTW the same question, albeit without the poll was asked 6 hours earlier yesterday >HERE<

Edited by ME

If you cant afford £64.00 how can you afford cartridges ?

Why not do interest free credit for 5 years then pay 40% interest thereafter :good:

When I meet DavidBASC I am gonna shake him by the hand, why he bothers with this forum I cant work out..

EDIT : BTW the same question, albeit without the poll was asked 6 hours earlier yesterday >HERE<

but £64 is alot of money to spend in one payment to some people (me being one)

john boy

Edited by rascal_2005

I actually posted this poll because of that thread.

As Rascal said. It's all about affording the lump sum. It's easy to say that if you can't afford £64 then you can't buy cartridges, but I can assure you that if you're only laying out £5.50 a month, you can put some money towards cartridges.

ME, do you pay your car insurance annually?

Edited by harfordwmj

I actually posted this poll because of that thread.

As Rascal said. It's all about affording the lump sum. It's easy to say that if you can't afford £64 then you can't buy cartridges, but I can assure you that if you're only laying out £6 a month, you can put some money towards cartridges.

ME, do you pay your car insurance annually?

Yes, on all three cars and my boat. It works out more expensive otherwise. :good:

For some, yes, it may be a struggle to find a spare £64.00, but lets not make a mountain out of a mole hill, eh brother harfordwmj

wolfie_243x278.jpg

Yes, on all three cars and my boat. It works out more expensive otherwise. :good:

For some, yes, it may be a struggle to find a spare £64.00, but lets not make a mountain out of a mole hill, eh brother harfordwmj

Indeed, but I trust that it's not just me who would prefer to use 5.50 of my wages to fund my insurance monthly. Thus allowing the remaining pennies to fund alcohol/women/guns (not simultaneously)

On that note, I'm off to the land of nod.

It's a good idea if it widens the membership base, it's what people want and it's something the other organisations are not offering.

But yes, some perspective....

If you want to split a modest payment of sixty quid over the year there should be an additional surcharge to fund "collecting" that - the amount of aggro there would be in administering collections of a couple of quid a month off lots of people, with the inevitable number that will bounce payments etc.

However, £60 would get you:

1. 350 good game carts

2. 3/4 tank of diesel

3. a mid week night out on the beers

4. or 2% of a bargain EELL Diamond Pigeon, hardly used, amazing scroll hand engraved - FOR SALE eh?

Edited by Mungler

Indeed, but I trust that it's not just me who would prefer to use 5.50 of my wages to fund my insurance monthly. Thus allowing the remaining pennies to fund alcohol/women/guns (not simultaneously)

On that note, I'm off to the land of nod.

That made me think, I spent many man hours last season introducing an instalment scheme for membership of my local wildfowling club. I had the school of thought it had to be offered in the light of the harder times.

I did a bit of an audit this season to see who took it up.......It was all the 'top end members'-The range rover/ EELL mob who you would you have least thought have used it......

Monthly/Quarterly, much easier to budget and maintain.

Personally I'm a supporter of the BASC, what they a stand for and what they do - the magazine is, in my opinion an added bonus.

On the subject of paying for cartridges, what I do is buy them in batches of 1000 but then when I go shooting, put £5 or £10 away separately to build up the available funds for the next 1000 without a large outgoing in one go (also, the wife doesn't notice the odd fiver or tenner but would notice >£150 every few months).

Dan73

David,

I pay for myself and my 2 sons separately,how about a family membership?

Monthly sounds good,probably better for BASC too not just cashflow wise but also increased renewals as no doubt a few folk have binned renewing at full annual whack?

So long as there is no loading for monthly then it is a good thing. I also think BASC need to be pretty careful about annual rises in subscriptions,inflation is currently nil,keep the cost down and attract more members,don't whack it up and lose members.

Personally I am a big fan of BASC and believe the subscription is FAIR,it is not only my insurance sorted but also a contribution to shooting...PLEASE keep it that way.

Best.

i find it hard to beleive over the course of the year people can't manage to stick £64 away yet regularly chop and change guns and equipment or upgrade clothing or go out on the lash at over £2 a pint or go for a few rounds of clays if you cut back a little on all these you'd easily have saved £64 in two months. failing that get the wife to buy it for your birthday or christmas! :good:

at the same time though i do think its a good idea if people really do struggle but it would end up been more expensive like most things that gets taken monthly.