Is this duck safe to eat?

smiiithy

I was kidnly given a duck on Saturday. It's hung in my garage since then and I was intending to prepare it earlier but have only got round to it now since I've been ill. As I've began to pluck it I've found parts of the skin are green and it's rather pongy smelling. Has it spoiled?

duck.jpg

I know I'm very disappointed I've been looking forward to it since you gave it to me. It's actually only a small part that's gone green so I may be able to salvage part of the meat and although I can't have a whole roast duck it would be damn good in a terrine! I'll certainly oblige in taking another :good: although this time is will be getting dressed the same day :hmm:

Sorry Shaun! I hate nothing more than wasting perfectly good game, such a waste :hmm:

tsk tsk.....that was a perfectly good duck (slightly dead) when i gave it too you......

i take it you want another one now.......

i will be out again the sat before the sunday shoot if you want another.......

let me know

shaun

(maybe its the dye off the feathers.... :good: )

tsk tsk.....that was a perfectly good duck (slightly dead) when i gave it too you......

let me know

shaun

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeer when did you give it to him ? go on tell us.................. :good:

let me know

shaun

If he was given that duck on saturday and we (me and you) were shooting in saturday (although you went home after 1 drive with man flu, soft lad / big girl) how did he get it from you? Sunday? If so it must be a very warm garage!!!!! EXPLAIN BOYO!

Oh and you might have some to give away if I allow. DICTATOR!!!!

oh mighty shoot captain of the great linden shoot i can only emphasize that i told you not to feed the ducks with that cheap duck food you got 5 years ago from sellafield. :good:

i warned you it might turn them green!

lowly shooter shaun

This is true I was given it on Sunday morning :hmm: The worst part is I even asked for it, was given it for free and have now let it spoil :good:

I assure you my garage is little warmer than my fridge, like I say it would have been straight in my oven but I've had swine flu and only been out of bed to dress the pheasant since it seemed easy. I only let it hang so long because of this thread, I figured if you can hang them 5 days in October what's 6 days in November? :good:

Lesson learned, wildfowl dressed same day in future. I didn't mean to waste it honestly Shaun :hmm:

Edited by smiiithy