My New Gun E J Churchill Regal box lock

groach1234

well i switched to an over and under in march but never really got on with it as well as i would have liked so this got me thinking :good: and eventually decided on investing in a good side by side so opted for a Churchill "The Regal" "XXV" and here it is. Picked it up from the shop on friday and was shooting with it on Saturday pressure on as i had only put one box through it on clay :good: anyway shot very well with it and i am ever so happy to have switched back to a side by side and here it is:

The gun in its case

DSC02811.jpg

The Box lock

DSC02827.jpg

The Stock

DSC02823.jpg

The Barrels

DSC02818.jpg

The assembled gun

DSC02815.jpg

I truly am pleased as punch

George

That is absolutely stunning. One to treasure and pass on to the next generation. How much did you pay if you don't mind me asking? What is:

The barrel length; chamber length; choke; all up weight?

Sorry to be such a nosy sod :good: But I'm overcome with envy and am wondering if I should sell the kids for medical experiments to fund one.

That is absolutely stunning. One to treasure and pass on to the next generation. How much did you pay if you don't mind me asking? Now that would be telling :good:

What is:

The barrel length 25 inch; chamber length 2 3/4; choke 1/4 3/4; all up weight A touch over 6 pounds?

Sorry to be such a nosy sod :good: But I'm overcome with envy and am wondering if I should sell the kids for medical experiments to fund one.

25 inch and 6 pounds - awesome. Perfectly balanced too I'm guessing. You could carry that all day and not notice, but it would fly up to you shoulder almost without thinking I bet? Perfect for instinctive snap shooting, and drop dead gorgeous too!

Go on, how many kidneys would I have to sell? :good:

You sum it up pretty well i was nervous about the 25 inch barrels but it shoots like an absolute beaut so i am pleased as punch

and it was not as bad as you may think on the price front. For a hand made british gun it was a fair bit cheaper than a new EELL and i'll leave it at that :good:

George

Edited by groach1234

• 3 weeks later...