How well did we shoot today? 2010 edition.

Anni

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Miserable 90/100 on skeet yesterday - 24, 24, 23, 19 - never shoot in such windy conditions - last round i dropped 3 high 1s ;):good:???

66/100 at Caterham this morning. 2 stands well and truly kicking my *** 4, 2 (all ex 10)

Me too :lol: 20 *** and a 24 on the skeet yesterday.

44ex60 at the club sporting shoot this morning, some good birds, just couldn't get my head round some of them.

Jon.

well I had a great day out in the sunshine.....

my 3rd ever go at clay shooting, 2nd go was nearly 2 years ago

50 bird sporting, I hit 18 LOL absoulutely terrible, but hey ho, I had the choice, spend the day at home with her indoors or go out with the shotgun and make some noise

no idea at all what I am doing, but I was smiling so thats all that matter

from here surely things can only get better :yes:

Went to Shugborough today. Mr potter got 75, Chard got 73, I got a poor 67 and anni 59.

I thought it was a good course with some nice stands I just could not get going, I would hit the first few pairs then miss the last pair.

Only one stand was a joke a pair straight into the sun, no one from our squad could see it or see if they had hit it a complete lottery.

Talking to a couple of mates I know from worsley later on, one told me he walked out of the stand and told the ref to mark all zeros as he could not see and it was point less shooting it.

:yes:

Edited by timps

Went to Shugborough today. Mr potter got 75, Chard got 73, I got a poor 67 and anni 59.

I thought it was a good course with some nice stands I just could not get going, I would hit the first few pairs then miss the last pair.

Only one stand was a joke a pair straight into the sun, no one from our squad could see it or see if they had hit it a complete lottery.

Talking to a couple of mates I know from worsley later on, one told me he walked out of the stand and told the ref to mark all zeros as he could not see and it was point less shooting it.

:good:

Hi Timps, Shuggy was quite a lot harder yesterday M8 and I know the stand your on about though I think the issue was the sun glinting off the black clays along with a black background of the wood making them difficult to shoot. I finished up with 8 ex 10 on that stand and 88 in total. I messed up on the skeet stand.

I think you will find all the scores were on the low side when they are up on the web.

Regards K

Hi Timps, Shuggy was quite a lot harder yesterday M8 and I know the stand your on about though I think the issue was the sun glinting off the black clays along with a black background of the wood making them difficult to shoot. I finished up with 8 ex 10 on that stand and 88 in total. I messed up on the skeet stand.

I think you will find all the scores were on the low side when they are up on the web.

Regards K

I think you are right, quite a few shooters I talked to were on the low side, the only thing that got me was I would hit the first 2 pairs convincingly then make a right mess of the last 2 pairs :hmm: I can understand the other way round :yes: .

8 was a good score on that stand, I ended up with 5 and chard with 7, the shooter in front of us hit 9 but had to ask each time if he had hit them, I wondered what he was going on about as I could see them from outside the cage but I was damned if I could from inside :lol:

Regards K

Came away from Shugborough quite down heartened really K, I had shot the first 50 birds (6 stands) quite well and was only 6 birds away, I actually thought to myself 'keep this up and you'll finish with an 88'. That's when the wheels fell right off, our next three stands were the those on the left hand side of the track as you walk to the clubhouse from the car park. All were affected by strong sunlight and/or the strobing effect of the clay passing contrasting background, tree/bracken/sky, it was enough to induce an epileptic fit :yes::hmm::lol:

I really struggled, lost 4 birds on the first, 4 on the high skeet and 6 on the 5 pair stand (we shot it much later than you and the sun had moved round even further) so I lost 14 birds on 3 stands and that was that. A few more misses on the remaining three stands and I couldn't wait to get on the M6 heading north. 6 away over the first 50 birds and 19 away on the second 50, a dismal 75 after a promising start.

I'm not blaming the sun or the strobing effect, others seemed to shoot them reasonably well but it certainly played havoc with my ability to see the clays.

Roll on next week

Mr Potter

68 for me at Catton today, which is a major improvement of some reason scorces, so fingerscrossed Iam pulling out of the dip I was in

57 for yellow bear, YB was shooting really well but the last 2 stand killed his card.

Lovely sunny day with light winds, was a good turn out but not to much waiting around at stands, Some really nice targets as well.

C class leader was 73 as I left, so I wasn't to far off the mark

Edited by Ian E

FITAAAAAARSC, my AAAAARSC :good:

Good day out at Coniston for the North of England FITASC championship beanfeast thingey.

PW mob in attendance was me, Anni, Timps, 100milesaway, Mr Potter, NickyT and Azzurri, and Mr Potters shooting buddy MW :good:

First time some of us had shot Fitasc, so it was a bit of a ******* eye-opener. Some of it was OK, but you'd have to be some kind of deviant to hit some of those :rolleyes:

It was fairly ******* hard and I did sheeeyte, but Anni and Timps did worse hahahahahahahahahaha :sly:

Didn't get most of the scores on the doors but they were a bit like this :

Mr Potters shooting buddy MW :good: - 86. Tip Top, that'll put him in the top 2 or 3 I reckon.

Azzurri - not sure but he was doing all right last time I saw him.

Mr Potter - 75ish, well shot chap :good:

100milesaway - 74ish Good shooting Lyn :yes:

NickyT - 69 :good: Great stuff for a first go at Fitasc

Chard - 63 **** off :hmm:

Anni and Timps hahahahahahaha dunno Larrf I nearly **** :P

Bad start to the day. Mrs Chard put the ******* clocks back. Anni battering the door down and I raked myself out the pit and called him a bellend.

"You didn't put your clock back, did you?" says I.

"No" says he "That's next ******* week" :P

****. Also stubbed my toe on a box in my hall, in the dark, feels well knackered to me, must be why I shot like a ***.

Good company and a good, if long, day out. :good:

Incidentally, I have a 100% FITASC hit rate with the Baikal Sex Machine. I took it as well today, in case I got a chance to try it out.

I got one of the refs to sling me a couple of high bitchmutha loopers and he reluctantly agreed :lol: (jobsworth or what) and I whacked 'em. Awesome. Just call me Chardski B)

Edited by Chard

It was good to see some FITASC newcomers doing well. A great layout with nothing stupid but plenty to test you.

Nicky T ended well with a lovely pair. (ooo err missus) :rolleyes: A great effort on a testing raffale battue.

You were not wrong about MW.

It's the pairs that are a killer, fixed feet and going too far back to the trap for the report target were the biggest problems today.

High Gun score was a 90.

Nealry everybody gave good feedback on Keith Roes target setting and Conistons ground. Lets hope they run another soon.

FITAAAAAARSC, my AAAAARSC :good:

Good day out at Coniston for the North of England FITASC championship beanfeast thingey.

PW mob in attendance was me, Anni, Timps, 100milesaway, Mr Potter, NickyT and Azzurri, and Mr Potters shooting buddy MW :good:

First time some of us had shot Fitasc, so it was a bit of a ******* eye-opener. Some of it was OK, but you'd have to be some kind of deviant to hit some of those :rolleyes:

It was fairly ******* hard and I did sheeeyte, but Anni and Timps did worse hahahahahahahahahaha :yes:

Didn't get most of the scores on the doors but they were a bit like this :

Mr Potters shooting buddy MW :good: - 86. Tip Top, that'll put him in the top 2 or 3 I reckon.

Azzurri - not sure but he was doing all right last time I saw him.

Mr Potter - 75ish, well shot chap :good:

100milesaway - 74ish Good shooting Lyn :hmm:

NickyT - 69 :good: Great stuff for a first go at Fitasc

Chard - 63 **** off :P

Anni and Timps hahahahahahaha dunno Larrf I nearly **** B)

Bad start to the day. Mrs Chard put the ******* clocks back. Anni battering the door down and I raked myself out the pit and called him a bellend.

"You didn't put your clock back, did you?" says I.

"No" says he "That's next ******* week" :P

****. Also stubbed my toe on a box in my hall, in the dark, feels well knackered to me, must be why I shot like a ***.

Good company and a good, if long, day out. :good:

Incidentally, I have a 100% FITASC hit rate with the Baikal Sex Machine. I took it as well today, in case I got a chance to try it out.

I got one of the refs to sling me a couple of high bitchmutha loopers and he reluctantly agreed :lol: (jobsworth or what) and I whacked 'em. Awesome. Just call me Chardski B)

Well shot all :sly:

Really enjoyed the FITASC shoot today even though i only managed a 74 the squad was really good to shoot with and the weather even if it was freezing was bright and dry.One of the layouts was badly affected by the sun, :rolleyes: but i can live with that if we have more shoots like that up here. Who did the 90 ? from Auntie. :lol:

Really enjoyed the FITASC shoot today even though i only managed a 74 the squad was really good to shoot with and the weather even if it was freezing was bright and dry.One of the layouts was badly affected by the sun, :rolleyes: but i can live with that if we have more shoots like that up here. Who did the 90 ? from Auntie. :good:

David Kempley.

74 was a very respectable score. :lol: Well shot.

It was good to see some FITASC newcomers doing well. A great layout with nothing stupid but plenty to test you.

Nicky T ended well with a lovely pair. (ooo err missus) :good: A great effort on a testing raffale battue.

You were not wrong about MW.

It's the pairs that are a killer, fixed feet and going too far back to the trap for the report target were the biggest problems today.

High Gun score was a 90.

Nealry everybody gave good feedback on Keith Roes target setting and Conistons ground. Lets hope they run another soon.

What a thoroughly enjoyable day out at Coniston today; outstanding company throughout the day, a gloriously sunny but crisply cold day coupled with one of the most pleasant grounds to shoot at along with some truly tasty and testing targets made it hard to imagine how today could have been topped :good:

We were well a truly thrown in at the deep end today starting on layout 4; the tower layout! It proved to be a baptism of fire with a mean midi target from the tower and a low incoming A bird that i may as well have cut open my cartridges and thrown the lead at! Anni and myself both scored a lack-lustre 13 and Chard came in a couple lower. Suffice to say that it was the kick up the behind that we all required and fingers were promptly pulled out as we wondered back to the clubhouse to contemplate our performances! :good:

Thankfully we regained a little hope in our FITASC-ing abilities after shooting our second layout; layout 4 with Chard scoring a 22, me a 21 and Anni a 19 (i think). Mr Potter ruled the roost on this layout with a highly impressive 24 :P:rolleyes:

Layout 3 (our third) suffered from facing into the bright sun, but faced with the option of getting rained on throughout the day or having to shoot into the sun, I'd take the sunny route EVERY time! :good: This time i posted a 17, failing to connect with the high L-R target until the final hoop. Mark posted a stunning 24 but I can't remember how well anyone else did on this layout.

Finished up on Layout 2 (nearest the clubhouse) featuring a L-R mini, an incoming rabbit, a R-L looper, incoming standard and a far out battue. Possibly the most diverse layout put on and one that I throughly enjoyed shooting finishing on an 18. Finished on a high by shooting the rafael pair of battues - much to my surprise! :lol:

Two things made the day for me; the squad that we were shooting on and the fact that Coniston's clubhouse has THE best fire in the world! :good: I'll shoot FITASC anytime at Coniston in the future :good: