Pearly gates

Sqwelchy

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a random question.

We all like doing our chosen sport,do we not? But how are you all going to justify your actions when you meet your maker?

Im not part of the god squad,just want to know what you'll all say

I don't believe in a maker. when your gone that's it...

Phil

I was brought up a religeous kid, church, sunday school, CofE school. All it did was arm me with enough information to not believe in anything.

I'd like to say I am agnostic but then that is even a frankly poor answer. For surely to prove he exists disproves his existence as it is all based on belief without proof so i am Athiest 100%.

however I am pretty certain that this wonderous albeit non existant all knowing omnipresent being said in one of his many books that he put animals on the earth for us to eat... depending on what book you read he then tells you which animals you can and cant' eat. but either way if you read the various books for various religions they pretty much all cover the fact that you can eat meat and if you can eat it you've got to kill it.

I'm contemplating becoming a Muslim. They get 30 virgins when they die, and I haven't had a virgin since just after the war.

I wonder what Muslim women get.

Some scruffy oik from Cambridge who hasn't had sex since 1946 :yes::):lol::good:

i was brought up very religious (church/sunday school/bible class), only managed to get out of going when the minister started giving me grief for working in a pub when i was about 18. all those sunday mornings being dragged out of bed to go pay homage to the big sky fairy have left me with a severe dislike for organised religion, and all those endless and boring sermons gave me plenty of time to read the bible several times and arm myself with enough knowledge to slay the most feverant christian (and has also loosened the morals of some christian ladies.... <_<)

anyway, whats there to justify? god created me, he created firearms, and he stupidly made animals taste nice. you can go on about free will and him giving us a choice, but he didnt. technically theres no such thing, because god is omnipotent and knows everything he knew full well that mixing those 3 ingredients together would mean id be out shooting quite alot, so therefore i have nothing to justify - he made me like this, he knew id turn out like this, so how can he have a go at me?? :good:

failing that, if he does have a problem (hypothetically assuming that he exists...) then kick him in the nads and come down stairs to where the real party is just getting started :blink:

Edited by babbyc1000