Corned beef, love it or hate it ?

ME

Corned Beef - love it or hate it ?  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Corned beef - Yes or No ?

• Love it
    • Hate it
    • I am from Suffolk and with 6 fingers it is impossible to get the packet / tin open

49 posts and nobody mentioned a Reuben sandwich. That's the best thing to hapen to corned beef since cabbage.

Rye bread, swiss cheese, corned beef and sauerkraut grilled in a skillet till the cheese melts. That and a Guinness... THAT IS THE FOOD OF THE GODS.

Pete

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just had two corned beef and salad cream sandwiches and then ate all of the rest of the packet too.

Salad Cream - yes yes yes!

Love it, love it, love it!

Deli sliced Corn Beef with egg and chips

Also yes yes yes!

Food of the gods (as long as you don't bite down on a little gristly bit... :yes: )

:good:

LS

Does anyone just enjoy eating it on its own? Years back when I remember waiting for 'mum' to cook the chips, I often ended up eating the deli slices from the plate and so often ended up with just a plate of chips and an egg.

To do this day, i'm quite happy eating slices of corned beef on their own.

It's also quite nice with a dribble of salad cream too. :hmm:

Long live corned beef. :good:

Does anyone just enjoy eating it on its own? Years back when I remember waiting for 'mum' to cook the chips, I often ended up eating the deli slices from the plate and so often ended up with just a plate of chips and an egg.

To do this day, i'm quite happy eating slices of corned beef on their own.

It's also quite nice with a dribble of salad cream too. :hmm:

Long live corned beef. :good:

cor Axe, you were a bit middle class were you not. We only got it in tins up here. <_<:angry::oops:

I have been known to just shovel it out of the tin with a fork! It's very nice!

I keep a couple of tins in the cupboard because it lasts for ages and you can make loads of nice food with it. I have to chuckle when I see people panic buying milk and bread when the weather turns bad. If I see things getting a little rough I just drop a couple of extra cans of this sort of thing in the trolley when I do the rugular shopping. You could live for a week on big tin of corned beef if you had to.

Just as a final note have you tried the low salt corned beef? I picked some up by accident a while back and it was rough. The whole point of the corned bit is the salt so how can they call it corned if it's not?!

We used to get corned beef in 4 man ration packs to replace the pilchards in tomato sauce which were well beyond there sell by date and had to be buried if found............... that was great until you realized the main meal was also cormed beef and that you had 7 days of the same menu...................... do you like it that much???