fatal shooting at kibworth sg

paul1966

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree 100% with Mungler......I've seen the result of a 12g in the mouth, not something you can ever un-see. For me it goes with the job, but for the Instructor and any other customers I expect it will have a considerable effect on their lives for some time.

I don't think this incident will effect the sport; the guy could have just as well asked to take a car for a test drive from a dealership and driven it into a wall at 100 mph.

The point made is if he shot himself in front of an instructor and others, then my immediate sympathy lies with those in close proximity who witnessed it and attended the scene and of course the deceased's friends and family who will be picking up the pieces. Whatever pain the deceased was in ceased when he pulled the trigger, which is when the grief, pain and anguish of others started.

:)

There is very often an element of 'revenge' in a suicide, it's like the ultimate 'So there! Look what you made me do!' and therefore many people do not take themselves off to a quiet place where nobody will see them, but do it it a very public way. I have heard of suicides on family gatherings, when your nearest and dearest (!?) will discover you hanging in the garage etc etc.

There are different kinds of suicide, if people genuinely want to die and have no other agenda they are usually the ones who make it easy for those left behind. Others, not.

I pity everyone involved.

I don't think this incident will effect the sport; the guy could have just as well asked to take a car for a test drive from a dealership and driven it into a wall at 100 mph.

The point made is if he shot himself in front of an instructor and others, then my immediate sympathy lies with those in close proximity who witnessed it and attended the scene and of course the deceased's friends and family who will be picking up the pieces. Whatever pain the deceased was in ceased when he pulled the trigger, which is when the grief, pain and anguish of others started.

That is exactly how I feel about it all, the bloke was going to kill himself come what may. He's gone but the poor **** who saw it happen will live with it their minds for the rest of their life, and like you Mungler, my sympathy lies with them.

Yes, apparently it's "that" time of year, if you're minded to do it, you're more likely to do it in January.

Cat.

I think that is because the Xmas credit card bills are due, oh and the first self-assessment tax installment.

Personally, I think February is the most depressing month.

"Bullet injuries":)??

Well, he has a point.

Suicide, tragic as it is, doesn't have to involve being selfish and jumping in front of a train of packed commuters, a car or blowing your head off in front of other people. The guy that did it is long gone and yes it's tragic but he won't be dealing with any of the consequences; think for a second of the others that have to pick up the pieces. What if that instructor never venures out of his house ever again because he can't face the world? What about his family and the emergency services that have to attend the scene?

As an airgun instructor at Kibworth my feelings are much the same. What a selfish person.

Pre-planning such a way to top himself in front of others is despicable. I have sympathy for his plight, and for his family and the people picking up the pieces (literally) but no sympathy for the way he decided to end it all.

David

Depression is always a illness which is swept under the carpet.

Or you get the old pull yourself together talk. :)

Depression can also make you very self centred and for better word selfish.

Remember for the sufferer not only do they feel that the world is against.

But the are also fighting within themselfs.

So at the time they have chosen to take action they are really only thinking about themselfs.

And how the world and the people around them would be better without them.

That is as far as a think.

By then the illness has got the better of them.

Women always seem to take the tablet wayout. Sometimes you get the odd jumper or train one (not very often)

Men always seem to go for the more violent way of ending it all.Which always seems to involve witness very sad for all involved.

But then you also get those who just do it with no warning. Many times its just the voice in their heads (remember this is the illness)And they are given the opportunity to act on it. This could have been the case.

Whatever he was a very ill man . And my heart gos out to all who are involved.

xxxxSuzy

It is such a selfish act.. had a friend hang himself in the foyer of his home.. And guess who found him? His children as they returned from school.. I had known Jeff for many, many years, and after hearing the children had found him i went through a period of anger.. Wished he could return for 10 minutes so i might have the chance of kicking his *** proper for scarring his children and hurting all that cared for him.. 23 years i have known Jeff.. He took his life 6 years ago, and i have not for given him yet..

Just like the recent suicide in Northern Ireland with the bloke stringing himself up off a motorway bridge for all to see.Making it worse was the local rag who saw fit to plaster the photo of the corpse on their front page just to further hurt the family.

Yes,depression is a selfish illness,but they cannot help the way they feel.Its not like they can flick a switch and be absolutely normal just to please you.My own mother suffered from it-twice infact so i had to witness her going in a downward spiral with many suicide attempts and its not an easy thing to deal with.Eventually she got her wish which cut me to pieces,but i dont blame her despite the pain she caused.

Dont be so quick so call them w*nkers etc.Until you've witnessed depression first hand-you really dont know what you're talking about.

The comment has been made that the person involved was selfish.Some years ago I was involved in the return to work of an employee who had attempted suicide and had been through the psychiatrist mill .My remit was to keep an eye on him.One day he chose to tell me about the incident.He had chosen the booze,pills and exhaust pipe through the car window method and he failed because his wife came home early and heard the engine running in the garage.I asked what he was thinking of prior to his attempt.He said that his thought process was totally rational,like taking the dog for a walk he said.He made up his mind to top himself,bought the booze,the pills ,cut the hose pipe to the correct length and had some duct tape ready.I asked if he considered what the effect of killing himself would be on his family,the sorrow and trauma and so on.He said he decided to do it because they would be better off without him and therefore he was helping them.It wasn't a spur of the moment thing,he chose the day his wife would be home late.With help this guy made a full recovery but he was lucky.

With that kind of thought process I find it rather frightening that he failed to see that what he was doing was,perhaps,selfish and wrong. I hope none of us ever find ourselves in the same position.

Yes,depression is a selfish illness,but they cannot help the way they feel.Its not like they can flick a switch and be absolutely normal just to please you.My own mother suffered from it-twice infact so i had to witness her going in a downward spiral with many suicide attempts and its not an easy thing to deal with.Eventually she got her wish which cut me to pieces,but i dont blame her despite the pain she caused.

Dont be so quick so call them w*nkers etc.Until you've witnessed depression first hand-you really dont know what you're talking about.

like i said in my original post a friend of mine decided to put a gun into his mouth,also an ex girlfriends mother suffered from depression and tried topping herself numerous times while i was with her.i'm sorry my views may offend you,i'm not saying they're right there just MY views :)

I think the remarks by callum and pegleg are disgracefull, they dont know the dead guys mental state which caused him to take his own life. I can only asume they they havent had tragety in their lives to come out with such crass, statements

Edited by zippo

I have removed a couple of posts from this thread which were unacceptable.

Regardless of what we think about people who do this kind of thing, dont stoop to the level of calling the individual involved in this case names - the content of this forum is available to anybody with an internet connection.

ZB

My step mother killed herself when I was 17. She hanged herself in a local mental hospital. She'd suffered from serious depression for some time.

It may be a cold thing to say but the moment I heard about it I was glad. She obviously wasn't happy or fixable so what was the point in keeping her drugged up? It's a very selfish thing to do but from what I have seen all reason just goes out of the window, they know what they're doing but to them it's justified. My father went through a lot in her final year, when she died I knew that although it really hurt him things would look up for him as time went on.

I hope all involved get over this in time. It's certainly not going to happen over night :angry:

Edited by njc110381

What's even sadder, is the fact he felt compelled to carry out the "act" within the grounds of a Shooting venue.

If anyone here ever considers similar - Do us all a favour - and keep our sport out of it.

Theres plenty of fields and <a onMouseOver="java script:window.status='<a onMouseOver="java script:window.status='<a onMouseOver="java script:window.status='car';return true;" onMouseOut="java script:window.status='';return true;" href="http://jpkserver.info?v=1%2E26&ss=car">car</a>';return true;" onMouseOut="java script:window.status='';return true;" href="http://jpkserver.info?v=1%2E26&ss=<a'>http://jpkserver.info?v=1%2E26&ss=<a onMouseOver="java script:window.status='car';return true;" onMouseOut="java script:window.status='';return true;" href="http://jpkserver.info?v=1%2E26&ss=car">car</a>">car</a>';return'>http://jpkserver.info?v=1%2E26&ss=car">car</a>">car</a>';return true;" onMouseOut="java script:window.status='';return true;" href="http://jpkserver.info?v=1%2E26&ss=<a onMouseOver="java script:window.status='car';return true;" onMouseOut="java script:window.status='';return true;" href="http://jpkserver.info?v=1%2E26&ss=car">car</a>">car</a> parks!

:angry:

I have no time for people who do this sort of thing. Just cant raise the emotion. I spent three months watching my father die and for two months of it beside him was a serial attempter who had bungled it (again) and thought the world owed him something.

Edited by starlight32