THE FOXPERIMENT (not sponsored by sporting gun)

Blackbart

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fascinating experiment. A mate I used to shoot with many moons ago had a 12Ft-LB HW35 and he used to bag foxes with one-shot kill head-shots.

Is this a public forum? If so are we in danger of the namby pambies feeling sorry for poor wittle Basil after seeing the pictures?

Basil is a rat, lord reynard, or charie for foxes please ginger b%s^^^D also is accepted :lol:

foxes skulls aren't that hard, airguns kill people without a problem in accidents its as ever put the bullet in the right place and it will do the job. Pest controllers have been using them for years on caged foxes as the legal aspect is so much easier to deal with than FAC and as shown they do work. You're still barmy for wanting to cut up a fox in the garden. Next you'll be wondering what it tastes like its a slippery slope!

Everybody has failed to notice that it was dead to start with.

A piece of paper fired from an elastic band will kill a dead fox.

Can we draw your attention to post number 4 in this string. It clearly states that we know the fox is dead.

Edited by alexr

OK point made,

I have a problem with reading long posts, well over two lines anyway.

My comments were made in jest.

A .177 air rifle is more than enough to dispatch a fox in a live cage trap, a friend of mine keeps chickens and gets at least one a week. As is my .22 shotgun. just put it to their head and pull the trigger. One very dead fox. :lol:

read this with interest and glad the op did this.

a mate who i started shooting with had an fac air rifle and told me about the foxes he shot with it. :lol: as i was new at the time and the last time i shot a spring air rifle was in the 70`s,i was shocked(he had a pcp).

i was scepitcal for many years until a chance encounter of a close fox at 40yrds appeared and he lined the shot up and the fox fell instantly. :lol: .

i was gobsmacked to see it but,i no longer doubt it but,it was fac and he said himself he would not have done it with a 12ftlb rifle.

al

read this with interest and glad the op did this.

a mate who i started shooting with had an fac air rifle and told me about the foxes he shot with it. :lol: as i was new at the time and the last time i shot a spring air rifle was in the 70`s,i was shocked(he had a pcp).

i was scepitcal for many years until a chance encounter of a close fox at 40yrds appeared and he lined the shot up and the fox fell instantly. :lol: .

i was gobsmacked to see it but,i no longer doubt it but,it was fac and he said himself he would not have done it with a 12ftlb rifle.

al

I would be suprised if your mate had fox on his conditions for FAC air rifle and 40 yards is a lot further than i tried it.I didnt think it would produce a kill shot but after doing it i changed my mind.

I would be suprised if your mate had fox on his conditions for FAC air rifle and 40 yards is a lot further than i tried it.I didnt think it would produce a kill shot but after doing it i changed my mind.

gmp was very good at offering the alternate to those who had a need,his was until they recently started changing things.it was removed as he went later for a variation and got the 22lr.

fox was issued on the hmr but,that to has now changed but,i suspect in certain circumstances,you can get a rifle that most consider not correct.

al

Good work Bart !

But all your hard work was not needed :blink:

As i take out rhino with my 1974 model gat gun at distances up to 700 yrds . So you can take a fox with this weapon at up to 2 miles , which is easy with the gats open sites .

Seriously though , good work !

all the best yis yp :oops:

hope that is with both eyes shut? or that would be to easy.

:good::lol:

al