Black people shooting

Shuck.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My girlfriend's Chinese. She's a good natural shot, and if she practiced, she'd be excellent. So I don't let her practice, can't have her beating me (again)! :hmm:

:blush: train her up and then you'll have some decent competition :oops:

What does she shoot, shotgun or rifle?

Yo All

I'm not clear from the posts if we are talking just clays/fishing or the whole country sport thing such as beating, ferreting, birds or whatever?

Have to say I havent come across anyone local that does any of this tho' seems a friend knows of a black fellow that is/was into Falconary until he acquired an expensive eagle of some description that was racist and didnt like him.......suffice to say this had to be rehomed.

Cant say I have come across any into deer stalking either ('cept the odd one on PW) - what about others on here?

Unless for we should be using the phrase 'ethnic minority' to ensure we include all..........

Cheers

Don't see many black people on the clays.. well none actually, is it the same everywhere in the UK?

Seen all shapes and sizes but no black peeps, why not?

Are any of you.. y'know. black?

I'm pretty sure Babby is.... anyone else?

EDIT: is this thread unacceptable :lol:

what has it got to do with u ? :blush::oops:

does it matter ? :hmm:

Perhaps country sports in general is still looked at as an Englishmans sport by many? I don't know.

We have to get away from the idea that being black or mixed race stops you from being an 'Englishman', after all if we don't half the football team will have to leave. :blush:

shuck, I have been clay shooting the past 2 years.

Vipa, you have probably hit the nail on the head in most respects.

Bringing shooting sports into schools would be a good point to start a change. I used to do Archery at school. This is a rare thing now. I know some schools are doing clay shooting but financial constraints and location make this a non starter in many cities.

.................what a strange thread.......... :)

........anyone seen any 'yellow' people out in the field........... not meaning to catagorise by colour or anything....... I was just wondering :good::)???

p.s is this inappropriate?

Once I get my shooting specs on everybody is yellow :lol: , funny thing though demographics

considerably more people in the UK are female than of any none UK ethnic origin yet there are

few lady shooters out there.

My uncle (Sri Lankan not black) has shot game several times and loves it. The way is see it is that i find most of the shooting community (up hear in yorkshire anyway) are the rural type and not at all PC and often use the term #### not as an offensive slur but simply a colloquial term yet it could be taken offensively :good:

George

Jinxy, I am interested, and as it seems, so are a lot of other people.

Paul in North Lincs, why do you think it's a strange thread?

Silhouette, teaching shooting in schools in this day and age you make me larf :good:

Edited by Shuck.