Thieves

zorro

So if we get a new government we might get a few less, or re-defined laws on what you can 'do' to somebody if they break into your house.

My question is, what would you do now? And what do you think you should be able to do?

Personally i have an old cricket bat at the ready and if they dont **** off when told to and start anything they will get a spanking. then my dashchund will jump and and bite their nuts.

I think think if somebody commits that kind of thing it is a kind of terrorism and they deserve everything they have coming at them, im not saying i would empty both barrels into them but maybe a good beating would be in order, even if they dont start it you wanna finish it and get them out without a fight.

In the end we have families too look after and our hard earned possesions to look after, your home is your fortress after all.

...maybe im wrong and a complete psycho...what do you think?

I have all of my shooting gear deliberatly split so there would never be any question of me being able to use it on an intruder. Keys are in a safe in one part of house, guns in cab somewhere else and shells in separate part of house in separate locked cabinet. The wife needs a walking stick and there are a few dotted around the house, I'm sure I could inflict some damage with the one at the top of the stairs if necessary although to be honest, the sound of movement would probably send most thieving scum running anyway! I would have thought the majority of them would want a confrontation just as little as I would!

I am very fortunate in the fact that I live in a small block of flats that are "Warder Controlled" and have a very good security system, so much so that my FEO comment on how good the security was when he visited me. Even so we all know that if a little scroat wants to get in they will find a way. If this was to ever happen I can assure you that I would do everything I could to protect my wife and my property (In that order), and as all of the residents are a "Very close knit community" I could be sure that if it ever went to court I would be able to produce witnesses to confirm that I only used "What Reasonable Force Was Necessary To Subdue The Intruder"!

The parents of one of my junior doctors was recently attacked in their own home in south manchester by two yobs who used shovles initially then a hammer to subdue then torture them. They were after safe keys. her father has ended up requiring surgery to both hands due to the attentions payed to him by the hammer. There was little dout that the eventual intention was to kill them if they didnot get what they wanted. I would have no hesitation in using the maximum force I could reasonably use to protect my family and myself from people like these. At the moment I too have the keys and the cabinet in seperate areas of the house and no amunition in the cabinet, but that may change. This incident and the recent incident with the oncall car have shaken my faith in humanity to the point of dispair.

The parents of one of my junior doctors was recently attacked in their own home in south manchester by two yobs who used shovles initially then a hammer to subdue then torture them. They were after safe keys. her father has ended up requiring surgery to both hands due to the attentions payed to him by the hammer. There was little dout that the eventual intention was to kill them if they didnot get what they wanted. I would have no hesitation in using the maximum force I could reasonably use to protect my family and myself from people like these. At the moment I too have the keys and the cabinet in seperate areas of the house and no amunition in the cabinet, but that may change. This incident and the recent incident with the oncall car have shaken my faith in humanity to the point of dispair.

If your safe is in the bedroom and you just locked the bedroom door got a gun out and if they broke the door down you could legitimately shoot them and you would get away with it. The action you take has to be with something at hand and to protect yourself, you can't sleep with a loaded gun under the bed but you can use it if you set the situation up right. You will have to go to court but its usually a formality to tick all the boxes etc, same as using a cricket bat or hockey stick or knife if you are in the kitchen its all about reasonable force and if someone breaks down a door to get at you then you can do whatever you like back to protect your own life / family.

When it goes wrong is if you deliberately arm yourself and go after them and shoot them while they're running away outside the house. Personally I don't think anyone would get past my kitchen and the dog but if they did I would use whatever came to hand, bearing in mind my house is a bit of a building site it would depend if I got to the nail gun or chainsaw first as to what they met :rolleyes:

You should be able to defend yourself, your family and your belongings. The law doesnt protect you, so you should be able to protect yourself.

Andy :rolleyes:

the whole point is you can, you just can't take vigilante action if you're not being threatened

About 2 years ago (before I moved house) I decided I was going deer stalking in the morning, as I normally had the car 10ft from the front door and it was 4 or 5 am I just carried the rifle by the sling on my shoulder, as I opened the front door I was met by the sight of a hooded ned who was crouched down next to my motorcycle (which was parked on my garden path) with a set of snips pulling out wires.....

On seeing me, he lept up and ran to a waiting toyota MR2 with great haste......which sped off into the night...

I often think to myself what could have happened....

Lets just say with my new house, my 1 year old son and my wife in the house if I was of the opinion an intruder was without a doubt going to harm them then the concern for any certificates would go out the window....

I love my shooting and consider myself a responsible firearms/gun owner, but my wife and child's well being make all other things in life fade into insignificance....

having been robbed a few times in the last area we lived I know exactly how insecure it makes you feel and how pointless and helpless the authorities are in these cases...I wouldn't think twice...

on one occasion when I had a motorcycle stolen, a police officer walked into my garage (where most of my mates were standing after I called them to help me find the bike) the first thing the police officer did was look at my other bike sitting in the garage and say .....

...."your number plate's an illegal size".....my mates just shook thier heads in dissappointment and I was dumbstruck...

That was the moment I lost faith....

Gixer

When i was in my 20s And singleI had the intruder break into my bedroom.

Lucky he woke me as he was climbing in. And i could see what was happen by the mirror at the end of my bed.

So i watch him without him knowing. I even had a good look at him saw what he was wearing. couldnt see his face as it was dark.

And then as he turned i jump up from the bed And scream in my deepest voice WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOUR DOING.(i was bought up not to swear) :rolleyes:

Well i dont know what scared him more me standing there in not alot or because i confronted him .

But the poor little ****** could not get out of that room quick enough.And in doing so left the lovely footprint under my window.

Once i made sure he was gone i phone the police(who can out the next day) :sly:

They took a statement look at the footprint(only looked)And warned me to be careful he could be back. Because i had got the better of him.

So i told them if he did i would be more prepared :lol:

To which i was told they strongly advice me against. As it would be seen as being premeditated. :beer:

I was lucky that he did not come back. So the saucepan that was under my bed was not used.

He was finally caught after raping the young girl in her bedroom.

I wish to god now that instead of using my voice that night. I really had put the boot in .

Thinking back now for the split second i really did have the upper hand on him.

xxxSuzy

i heard suzy kept him prisoner for 4 days,

personaly i say stuff the law,if someone breaks into my home and is a threat to my family i will use any and all means available to me to remove that threat.i,ll worry about the outcome later.besides the papers will get you a good lawer just for the story.

I had my car broken into outside my house 2 weeks ago during the day. I'm usually working from home but on this day I wasn't. If I was in and ran out and gave him a bit of a beating, I could only imagine that I wouldn't be sleeping for the next year as I would be on perminant watch for any repuccusions. In a way I'm upset I wasn't in and in a way I'm glad because I would have shoed him and then what, a criminal in the police's eyes and put my family in even more danger, and probably loose all the windows on my car.

Yes I have given up on the police.

Edited by Chally2

Mr Pyr8

After four days in my company

He would have been handing himself in at the police station :beer:

I think you would feel alot safe and would not resort to defending yourself if we knew that the minute you phoned the police they be round. But we all know that not going to happen. :rolleyes:

Now i have locks on certain doors so i can lock myself in the room if i have too.I can also get out of these rooms easy by the other route.I also now have my very own little army made up of Two dogs, Two strapping young men(my sons) And the tin of beans that would be aim nicely at any unwelcome visitors head. :sly:

xxxxSuzy

And the tin of beans that would be aim nicely at any unwelcome visitors head. :P

xxxxSuzy

Careful there Suzy as a bean hand grenade might make a awful mess if it were to go off accidentally. :lol:

If you keep it at the side of the bed you might end up covered in beans. :P

What a thought. <_<

Better still we could hold a raffle to see who gets to lick them off. :lol:

Perhaps even that tin of beans might be seen as premeditation :P B) :lol: