Another mate goes

malkiserow

Another mate has had enough of England and leaves Blighty for good - bought himself a Chateau in France a few years ago. Business was very bad here for a while, added to that, funding from the banks is just a nightmare. So he said, enough is enough, and is off.

Shame about not earning a good living in the UK and what a waste but why work your rocks off an get nowhere for years?

Oh well, should be good for some fine holidays in SW France :blush:

Where in SW France did he go?

Alot of your countrymen bought in the Gers, about two hours northeast from me. There were a few villages that were over 70% British. I know alot have cleared out after the currency change.

We see a fair number who weekend or vacation here, but not many full timers here in the Basque country.

Pete

Can you blame them?This country is the pits!!!

this country is gone to the dogs.

You doing anything to try and stop it?.

And to be honest, no it's not. If you do nothing but read the Sun, and the Mirror all day, that's what you are going to think.

But otherwise you really should consider yourself lucky.

And to be honest, no it's not. If you do nothing but read the Sun, and the Mirror all day, that's what you are going to think.

Lucky?

oh yeah i consider myself really lucky :angry:

another 5 yrs until my mortgage is paid up and then it will be two more brits leaving this fine great country where we should be thankful we're getting ripped off and putting any jonny foriegner,lay-about dole woller(not genuine people). and the ones who really cheese me off,people claimimg disability faulsely before ourselves.

what am i doing about it?

waiting 5 yrs :angry:

Another mate has had enough of England and leaves Blighty for good - bought himself a Chateau in France a few years ago. Business was very bad here for a while, added to that, funding from the banks is just a nightmare. So he said, enough is enough, and is off.

Shame about not earning a good living in the UK and what a waste but why work your rocks off an get nowhere for years?

Oh well, should be good for some fine holidays in SW France :angry:

My grand parents are doing the same bought a hugely run down chateau in a village called Blasimon about 45 mins from Bordeaux 5 years ago and have been doing it up and it is just about finished and i don think if it wasn't for the shooting season he would move over almost full time at the drop of a hat.

George

We only exist to pay taxes and if you think its bad now wait till darling has his glory day,and it is true most of OUR money ends up funding immigrants not the people who have worked for it like the pensioners those poor bu**ers are getting taxed on their pensions and can ill afford to eat and heat but isnt that what government want the shorter you live the more of your dosh they keep.wiat till we have a muslim prime minister ! :angry: anyone got the phone number of a european estate agent :angry:

Where in SW France did he go?

Alot of your countrymen bought in the Gers, about two hours northeast from me. There were a few villages that were over 70% British. I know alot have cleared out after the currency change.

We see a fair number who weekend or vacation here, but not many full timers here in the Basque country.

Pete

Near Quissac - and he really will NOT be back, he is an Aussie by birth but made his home here. His kids have also left the UK to further their careers. They are both in the USA and doing VERY well.

He is an inventor and business man. The French authorities are funding his next expansion as they want to get in GreenTec more than the UK.

I seem to recall you have relatives abroad, and anybody who needs to read a newspaper to discover what is happening (or not) is to be pitied. This country is in dore straits, the government do not respect our soldiers, they have no respect for pensioners, they have no respect for the indiginous peoples, they have taxed industry until it has relocated abroad, in fact there is too much wrong to list, and what do you propose the lay person does or even can do, other than excercise their franchise?

What are you doing?

Cheery bunch this morning. :hmm::good:

i'm with bleeh on this.

So am I.

It's up to us to make our bit of word right, if everyone tried their best for themselves unselfishly it would be great.

I read the Independent it's a bit dearer but straight forward news with in depth accounts.

You are liable to French income tax if:

* You are fiscally resident in France;

* On the income of the whole household;

* And on the basis of your worldwide income.

Accordingly, you do not have to be living in France to be liable to French income tax, although non-residents will only be assessed on the basis of income actually earned in France.

Ouch :good:

Lucky?

oh yeah i consider myself really lucky :hmm:

another 5 yrs until my mortgage is paid up and then it will be two more brits leaving this fine great country where we should be thankful we're getting ripped off and putting any jonny foriegner,lay-about dole woller(not genuine people). and the ones who really cheese me off,people claimimg disability faulsely before ourselves.

what am i doing about it?

waiting 5 yrs :good:

Until then you may want to consider voting in another party at this general election. I'm not preaching politics to anyone but I've been reading through the UKIP election policies and they all seem to make pretty good sense to me. Anyone who believes that this country can once again be called Great should consider voting UKIP as a real alternative to the 3 usual suspects. Do yourselves a favour and have a read of their policies.

Each to his own....Britain is not perfect by any means but its a damn sight better than 90% of other World countries

All I would say to those emmigrating to Europe and the like is you pay your money and takes your chance, dont start bleating when the bottom drops out of the markets or keep popping back to avail yourself of the NHS. All those Brits who fled to Spain in the 70's & 80,s are all sorry now, their property and pensions are worthless and suddenly Britain is the best country in the world and they are expecting us to bale them out. Get stuffed thats all I can say to them

If your of a mind to desert, then so be it but I bet you all maintain your British nationality and patriotism whilst living abroad...which I find slightly hypocritical. You cannot have your cake and eat it !

If you want to go then go but I opine that most of you will live to regret it

Britain is Best

Each to his own....Britain is not perfect by any means but its a damn sight better than 90% of other World countries

All I would say to those emmigrating to Europe and the like is you pay your money and takes your chance, dont start bleating when the bottom drops out of the markets or keep popping back to avail yourself of the NHS. All those Brits who fled to Spain in the 70's & 80,s are all sorry now, their property and pensions are worthless and suddenly Britain is the best country in the world and they are expecting us to bale them out. Get stuffed thats all I can say to them

If your of a mind to desert, then so be it but I bet you all maintain your British nationality and patriotism whilst living abroad...which I find slightly hypocritical. You cannot have your cake and eat it !

If you want to go then go but I opine that most of you will live to regret it

Britain is Best

So absolutely every single one wants to come back? Isn't generalisation wonderful, and why shouldn't the ex pats use the NHS? At least they have contributed whilst living here. I seem to remember the papers were always full of stories about people who couldn't afford an operation for son/daughter.mother/father/sister/grandmother etc delelte as necessary, would come to England to get a free one on the NHS. Funny how they could always afford the flight and accomodation

As for maintaining nationality, do you find it hypocritical that the immigrants to this country maintain patriotism customs and nationality?