unexpected bag

yickdaz

post-21887-1273344016.jpgwent out today to look at some pea fields 4 in one big block 3 weeks running no more than a dozen or so using em.so decided to have a look at a bit of setaside not many on there either.went to another area that has rape its in flower but wanted to see if any bare patches no luck there either.but i noticed a flightline heading over the fields and pitching into a line of trees drove down lane and the trees were bursting with woodies and a good flightline 2 wheat fields bordered the rape also birds landing on fields. set up on wheat fields at 2pm decoys and whirly out had birds come to decoys in no time so shot 2 and 2 fields over about 1000 got up to noise of shots. i thought brilliant wont see them again;wrong they came in like no tomorrow i shot 40 in 1 an half hours. it was thick and fast shooting and strong wind just kept them coming hardly beleive it meself that i had 10 right and lefts dried up at 5.30 but what a session picked 82 lost 6. for 105 carts had i been set up an hour earlier would have made the ton easily.

Well done better than my 13 today over peas tho they have only just really started to hit them :oops::oops:

yes well i;m waitin for your posts later on when they really hit em and you put a double or treble hundred on the site. like you say looked at the peas 3 times now and not worth settin up on cant understand it when rape is in the same area in years gone by literally thousands can be seen

yes well i;m waitin for your posts later on when they really hit em and you put a double or treble hundred on the site. like you say looked at the peas 3 times now and not worth settin up on cant understand it when rape is in the same area in years gone by literally thousands can be seen

I was told by 1 of my farmers that he had been putting some type of spray on them for the first few weeks to try stop the pigeons hitting them in the early stage but it stops working when the get to a certain hight ,will be asking my other farmers if they have been doing the same .

Like said in other post just been seeing them in last few days on the peas and now seeing a good few young birds flying around :oops:

I was told by 1 of my farmers that he had been putting some type of spray on them for the first few weeks to try stop the pigeons hitting them in the early stage but it stops working when the get to a certain hight ,will be asking my other farmers if they have been doing the same .

Like said in other post just been seeing them in last few days on the peas and now seeing a good few young birds flying around :oops:

could be same were i;m lookin at em hopefully wait and see