George Best

dazza

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alcoholism is a diesease mate, not a choice.

LB

To some extent you are right LB but its a disease you can choose

We all know the risks associated with Drinking to excess and smoking. Even as far back as the 60,s.

George chose this way of life and its killed him in the end. I can see Jordans point of view also, I saw many kids in the BRI when my daughter was taken seriously ill they were literally dying for a transplant !

Im afraid George was playing russian roulette with 6 shells in the chamber.

I will remember him as the footballer not the sad spectre of Alcoholism he became.

Cheers.

FM.

In my opinion he deserved what he got

fair go jordan, nobody deserves to die for drinking. This man partied hard lived life in the fast lane and had many life times of memories in 59 years. This man hasnt hurt anybody. I know I will be toasting the greatest ever footballer to date. now if and deserves whats coming to them its Mr Glitter. both barrells

Don't like football/drink/smoking, but he was the best ever R.I.P

I can sympathise with you not liking football mate. The jocks are pretty **** at the game :lol::lol::lol:

Sorry but I couldn't resist

See you in Germany 2006 NOT NOT NOT :D:D:D

This will be a JFK day

Jonno B) B) :( ( yes I'm a bad boy)

Edited by jonno 357

It's a great shame , he did'nt take the second chance with the liver when he got it ... Fantastic footballer and a legend in the fella's own boozing time ! But i'm still spitting feathers (lol GB never did) about the fact he , took a good liver from some poor person that died , and carried on abusing it . When maybe just maybe somebody else might have been given a chance and taken it .

Hope this makes sence as i've been on the ale cart and cellar since 6 oclock .

all the best yis yp B)

fair comment yp.the second chance he had could have given someone a long life. a wife beating drink driver. would people be hand wringing if hed killed a small child when pi88ed behind the wheel ?

sad fact of the matter they probably would,just part of his character :<

It's a great shame , he did'nt take the second chance with the liver when he got it ... Fantastic footballer and a legend in the fella's own boozing time ! But i'm still spitting feathers (lol GB never did) about the fact he , took a good liver from some poor person that died , and carried on abusing it . When maybe just maybe somebody else might have been given a chance and taken it .

all the best yis yp B)

Missed the snow then golden ***** B)

LB

all the best yis yp B)

its a great shame he didnt take the second chance. about sums it up

You've summed it up for me YP I could'nt had put it better myself .Infact you would'nt blame the donor for giving George a ####ing at the purley gates as we speak.

He was a great footballer theres no denying that but like so many with unlimited funds he lost reality with what lifes all about .

He did'nt deserve to die but he did'nt have to take the **** out of the donor and his/her family .

Ive

If some of you lads are upset by the above just remember this is a shooting forum and thats why we 're here B)

For people to hold him such high esteem is an indication how passionate people get about football. Sadly this is something I could never understand so perhaps this is why I am having a job getting my head round it all.

The same thing happened when Princess Diana died. I was shocked but could not understand why there was so much fuss compared to when Mother Teresa died at around the same time.

But anyway I digress, so pay no attention to my ramblings..................

WB.

Yes i belive my sig. still holds up . Inlight of what i said . If your going to "jigger" yourself up then so be it , myself and mr jim beam are doing a fine job of it this evening . My point was , he took somebody else's chance .

As luck would have it , i met somebody today that knew Mr. Best , and some of the tales this gent told me were mind blowing .

all the best yis yp :blink:

George Best R.I.P. :blink: was just a **** head nothing more nothing less and becouse he was some big footballer you feel sorry for the man he got told he would die if he keepet it up so he has only him self to blame ,would you feel the same for some tramp who died the same way in the street i think not, the man was a fool if all he wanted was to drink him self to death ..i will not miss the drunk

George Best R.I.P. :blink: was just a **** head nothing more nothing less and becouse he was some big footballer you feel sorry for the man he got told he would die if he keepet it up so he has only him self to blame ,would you feel the same for some tramp who died the same way in the street i think not, the man was a fool if all he wanted was to drink him self to death ..i will not miss the drunk

nice charitable and compassionate view of life mate

makes me rather sad for YOU! hope you manage to stay oh so perfect for ever?

cheers KW

why should i feel sorry for some drunk i never knew,, he was told not to drink so he only as him self to blame like iv said you would not feel the same way about some tramp who drunk him self to death so why should i feel sorry about george best. a drunk is a drunk the only thing thats different was he had money :blink:

Edited by ROB REYNOLDS UK