What is it with some people?

Doc Holliday

I would find it slightly rude that you will sitting in your van on the phone it could have been seen as just idle chit chat not important stuff . Why not sit by the tap and pass pleasant remarks to all who pass whilst supervising your sprinkler

or just tell them to get knotted and get a life :good::yes::lol:

:rolleyes::angry: Doc just re-read your post , so you really did manage to upset 4 separate people , 1 of them you have a long standing feud with for 2 years , the woman you refused point blank to listen to her side of the story , you also dont look upon them as normal every day people calling them "Idiots" , , , , , Is it me or is it them , , , , , :good::lol:

Answering with complete honesty as always, this is how I see it...

If you upset one person then that's fair enough. Some people have off days and others are just always *******! If however you upset several people who are not in the same "gang" then one has to start wondering why? Are they all grumpy, or is it more a case that everyone but you dislikes the positioning of your sprinkler?

I'd apologise to them when you see them next. Most people are willing to accept an apology. It looks to me like it was just an oversight on your part because you were busy with other things, so I'd be suggesting to the others that it's daft to go falling out over something that could have been sorted sensibly.

I'd have just turned your sprinkler off and moved it for you if I was them and I really don't see why they're making this much fuss! :rolleyes:

You're definitely a trouble maker.

I'd blow up your prize marrow :)

Hmm, me thinks you'd have the Mrs to contend with there Chard. Hell hath no fury like a woman who's prize marrow has been sabotaged.

I think its you that has the angry attitude. You sound a right knobber

You sound like a man of experience so my sentiment to you is the same as the one I gave the bloke as he rode off on his bike.

:D:hmm: Doc just re-read your post , so you really did manage to upset 4 separate people , 1 of them you have a long standing feud with for 2 years , the woman you refused point blank to listen to her side of the story , you also dont look upon them as normal every day people calling them "Idiots" , , , , , Is it me or is it them , , , , , :lol::P

That was 4 seperate people on 2 different occaissions I'll have you know. There are 2 ways of approaching someone with a view to addressing an issue, the wrong way and my way :good: Only kidding about the last one. There is a right way of doing it though and that would be to approach someone in a civil manner and address the issue politely but directly. Oh, hang on! I was right first time, my way. :lol:

Beneath me now though as I really can't be ***** to dwell on such a trivial matter. As I said in my original post, I was just airing it to get it off my chest. But thank you all, sorry, most for your replies.

Doc, the thing to do is - buy your veg.... and spent more time shooting. :)

;) You know, you may have a point there :)

thats how allotments go. some people would have seen your sprinkler hitting the path and moved it slightly others will just get wet then start a war. this is one of the reasons why i gave mine up. i just couldn't be bothered with all the idiots there. some of the people at my old allotments were realy nice we would swap plants and homebrew.

That's the trouble with people today,too bloody minded and gutless,ide have got right in the guys face and said wats ure problem matey (but squared up to him menaceingly) , another trick that works well is to just laugh at them very loudly,thatl **** them off,then say now now now save you're sermon preacher......it aint sunday u know. Oh yeah and watch ure srinkler b4 someone knocks u spark out over it!

buy one of those super- soaker water guns that someone mentioned, plot up behind your van or shed, wait for both parties to walk by and let them have it! When they are fully drenched shout menacingly "how d'ya like them apples" before running off laughing hysterically. If nothing else it should make them see that a few splashes from your sprinkler is nothing to worry about really, it will kind of get things into perspective.

buy one of those super- soaker water guns that someone mentioned, plot up behind your van or shed, wait for both parties to walk by and let them have it! When they are fully drenched shout menacingly "how d'ya like them apples" before running off laughing hysterically. If nothing else it should make them see that a few splashes from your sprinkler is nothing to worry about really, it will kind of get things into perspective.

Ah but you should do it in wellies, a pink tutu and loads of camo cream.

I need to get out more :hmm: