which caliber for a woman?

the mrs has been asking me to take her shooting for a while, so ive spoke to one of my land owners today and he's given me the ok to take her with me :hmm: but she wants to have a go with a shotgun, the landowner says he is going to come with us so he can lend her a gun, he says that hes got a 20 bore and a 28 bore that she can use, but which one would be better for her :hmm:

lowlander

28 bore sxs may be a bit lighter,make sure she has some form of hearing protection and use some 24g cartridges,recoil pad will all help to make it enjoyable experience for her,of course you could go for 12g 30g full choke if you want to put her off :hmm:

the mrs has been asking me to take her shooting for a while, so ive spoke to one of my land owners today and he's given me the ok to take her with me :hmm: but she wants to have a go with a shotgun, the landowner says he is going to come with us so he can lend her a gun, he says that hes got a 20 bore and a 28 bore that she can use, but which one would be better for her :hmm:

lowlander

depends how big your mrs is,for all we know she might be more butch than us!!

I don't think you'll go wrong with either of them. Perhaps see which one she likes the feel of best before you go out?

I'd say an o/u is easier to shoot than a sbs, but that's just me. I think the most importent thing here is that she likes the feel of the gun as neither of them will knock her about with the right loads.

my missus loves a 26" 12G at local clay ground (loan gun) with 21G carts length will probably matter more see if you can get her to try both before going out and fire a couple of test shots, also if she is "well endowed" sports bra according to my missus helps alot!

:hmm: speaking from experience :hmm:

Best thing to do is get her on the clays first, this way she can get used to the kick, the bang, handling the gun, the frustration to try it out and you can talk gun safety and gun handling, the initial first few shots are a big learning curve about this 'big thing' that goes bang and hurts if mounted incorrectly ???

The first few shots for my missus were a real eye opener, i could see her eyes welling up (don't tell her I said that :hmm: ) as the gun had given her a good kick, if this had been out in the field walking I'd have ended up carrying the gun back :lol::yes: , luckily our good friend Ian was at hand to give her some coaching (while I operated the manual trap) and on the way home she was buzzing :hmm: she's now shooting regularly, with a semi auto 12 gauge