upload your photos off your 4x4s

samboy19

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice wheels Gully, but what's a 'split-charge system'?

Here's mine. I love it, but sadly I'll have to trade it in soon because I'll need more space when the baby arrives. ******.

defender.jpg

Al , let me know how much you want if you decide to sell it....................

img_1710.jpg

img_1711.jpg

img_1712.jpg

img_1713.jpg

img_1714.jpg

img_1715.jpg

Hopefully you can see.

I've decked out the back. The fwd compartment can open up and still have access to the tranmission panel.

It's all removable if I need to take it out. I have 220v supply which can be rigged up to shoreside which would also charge batteries. I have a split charge system with seperate busbar.

The idea is we sleep on the decks but have all our stowage underneath which can be locked up as a soft top isn't very secure. So it ads a bit of security.

The desk looking bit is were the LPG tank is. on the other side there is a side bin which has all the recovery kit in which can be locked as well.

I needed to put the gates on to stop stuff like the dogs sliding out as now the tail gate doesn't stop anything. A little more security as well.

All I need now is somewhere to take it this August/september. Any ideas?

this is my new landy, had it 2 weeks. Any young drivers that want insurance for a 4x4 try the co op, im a named driver for £1100, NFU and every where else wanted over 3k.

015.jpg

016-1.jpg

019.jpg

Nice landy but be very careful... it has already been mentioned about putting yourself down as a named driver when you are the primary driver but I think what could cause you a problem is modification. Those wheels are not factory spec. Also, if it has had ANY suspension modification or upgrades.

I know this as I have been through the pain with my modified (upgraded suspension) Jeep. The Co-Op wouldn't touch me, ended up with a specific modified vehicle policy through Adrien Flux..

Quote from the Co-Op insurance site....

"The following are NOT ELIGIBLE:

grey imports, emergency vehicles, taxis, buses, trucks, heavy good vehicles, light commercial vehicles,invalid carriers; or

vehicles used for hire and reward (including but not limited to driving schools, courier vehicles, chauffeur services), road racing, tracked days (timed or untimed), rallying, pace-making, speed testing or any other competitive event,breakdown and recovery vehicles; or

any vehicle which has been modified other than in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications; or

any vehicle owned temporarily or otherwise (resulting from trade-in or acquisition for the purposes of resale) by a business formed for the purpose of selling or servicing motor vehicles"

img_1710.jpg

img_1711.jpg

img_1712.jpg

img_1713.jpg

img_1714.jpg

img_1715.jpg

Hopefully you can see.

I've decked out the back. The fwd compartment can open up and still have access to the tranmission panel.

It's all removable if I need to take it out. I have 220v supply which can be rigged up to shoreside which would also charge batteries. I have a split charge system with seperate busbar.

The idea is we sleep on the decks but have all our stowage underneath which can be locked up as a soft top isn't very secure. So it ads a bit of security.

The desk looking bit is were the LPG tank is. on the other side there is a side bin which has all the recovery kit in which can be locked as well.

I needed to put the gates on to stop stuff like the dogs sliding out as now the tail gate doesn't stop anything. A little more security as well.

All I need now is somewhere to take it this August/september. Any ideas?

Looks good in the back mate :yes: what is it, a pinzgauer :hmm:

Nice landy but be very careful... it has already been mentioned about putting yourself down as a named driver when you are the primary driver but I think what could cause you a problem is modification. Those wheels are not factory spec. Also, if it has had ANY suspension modification or upgrades.

I know this as I have been through the pain with my modified (upgraded suspension) Jeep. The Co-Op wouldn't touch me, ended up with a specific modified vehicle policy through Adrien Flux..

Quote from the Co-Op insurance site....

"The following are NOT ELIGIBLE:

grey imports, emergency vehicles, taxis, buses, trucks, heavy good vehicles, light commercial vehicles,invalid carriers; or

vehicles used for hire and reward (including but not limited to driving schools, courier vehicles, chauffeur services), road racing, tracked days (timed or untimed), rallying, pace-making, speed testing or any other competitive event,breakdown and recovery vehicles; or

any vehicle which has been modified other than in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications; or

any vehicle owned temporarily or otherwise (resulting from trade-in or acquisition for the purposes of resale) by a business formed for the purpose of selling or servicing motor vehicles"

I am planning on changing the wheeles to td5 boost alloys or something similair or something more standard. I dont think that many people declare modifications purely because especially at my age it would be even more impossible to insure it.

I am planning on changing the wheeles to td5 boost alloys or something similair or something more standard. I dont think that many people declare modifications purely because especially at my age it would be even more impossible to insure it.

You ******* clown. If you can't afford to insure it, then don't modify it. If you have an accident, you're up **** creek. Your insurance won't pay out for the vehicle or any of your injuries, and if they have to pay out to a 3rd party then they are entitled to try to recover the costs from you.

It tells you on the quote form or they will tell you on the phone that "if any of the information given to receive the quote is incomplete or anything has not been disclosed which would effect the policy then your insurance may be invalid in the event of a claim" or words to that effect.

what i do is up to me so dont start swearing at me! i bought it like that and did not modify it. the wheels are the only modification that i could really see being a problem and they will be changed in time. I would be more concerned with people who dont bother to insure their vehichle at all. i'm sure i've come accross you moaning about silly things that dont concern you before.

Your vehicle isn't insured. So actually, you are no better. I swear at you on behalf of all those on here, and across the land who abide by the rules, declare their accidents, speeding convictions and modifications on their insurance quotes and rightfully pay higher premiums because of it. Unlike you.

You'll come across me moaning an awful lot. I moan about **** that ****** me off. People like you are one of them. :good:

all i have to say is i pitty you, you must have a boring life to be so picky and intefere with others. i know people who have roll cages etc fitted and have never had a problem. I dont feel bad when the insurance company is taking over a grand from me and what difference are the wheeles going to make in real life? Not a lot!

enough said to not ruin the thread and the original purpose of it so if you dont have a 4x4 goodbye.

J@mes is right on this one I'm afraid fella.

If you don't declare ANY modifications, if and when you have an accident, the in-sewer-rats will go over your motor with a fine toothed comb. Remember that they will look for ANY reason to invalidate your insurance and therefore not have to pay out.

So you might want to stop giving it the big 'un on here and consider the valid points made. What you do IS up to you, but when it's likely to affect others then you should expect people to get upset about it. If nothing else you're potentialy helping push all of our premiums up.

...oh, and I DO have a 4x4, not that that's got **** all to do with anything.

the wheels are the only modification that i could really see being a problem and they will be changed in time.

Just looking from the pictures you've put up, modifications to J235 SRU from original seem to include:

NAS spec front lights,

Spotlights,

A-frame

Winch

Winch bumper

Snorkel

Checkerplate

Rock / Tree sliders on side sills

Tree slider on Rear tub

Swing away wheel carrier

NAS rear lights

Wheels

You mention changing to TD5 Boost alloys, again this would be considered a modification and should be noted. I run the old 3 spoke range rover alloys on my 90 and my insurance company knows exactly what I've done.

All of these including the roofrack should be noted to your insurer, as has been mentioned you are NOT INSURED if you haven't stated any modifications to your insurer. Saying it was like that when I got it is not valid.

As has been said, J@mes has it on the head. Insurance is not something to be messed around with these days, and it is infurating that ****s who run around not properly insured affect all of our premiums. If you don't want to pay the premium for a modified car then don't modify it / don't buy one.

I understand that insurance is difficult when young, I have paid a small fortune in insurance having my own car in my own name from 17, I was aware of what it would cost though and had been saving up for years to cover it.

In my original point about the named driver I didn't even mention the modifications as I assumed that you'd informed the insurance company of them. The fact that you are saying the insurance company is taking over a grand from you just a few posts above seems to suggest you are paying the entire policy, yet you are a named driver? Surely the owner and policy holder should be paying the premium.

There is no point in trying to play internet hard man when you're being offered some useful advice. It is up to you if you wish to heed it or not, you may get off scott free, or it may come back to haunt you.

simple fact is you might as well save the grand and just drive it if you are just going to get any claim invalidated. Police are also now able to check what mods are listed on your policy and then it gets a bit sticky if you haven't listed them

for the certain few that hide the modifications from the insurance people heres a little story

in my younger years I did a few things that maybe I shouldnt the local so called hard man stole the stereo out of my dads car so my response was to give him a little slap (off story but im getting there) this resulted in him taking a visit to the local infirmary.

that night a friend knocked the door saying your cars on fire which it was (1 of the scrotes mates) fire brigade called resulting in 1 mini completely gutted so insurance claim. assessor comes out all happy wheels, bucket seats, exhaust,carbs, engine,roll cage etc all declared on insurance. then I get a letter there not paying out because it has no bumpers on it!!!!!!

for those that remember the original mini the bumpers were a waste of tiime and purely cosmetic until they rotted off.

ok point taken, i will contact the insurance company and sort the MODS out, I'm not trying to play the big man but you just think why when they cant make that much difference and there are so many idiots doing a lot lot worse on the roads but i will sort it. :good:

ok point taken, i will contact the insurance company and sort the MODS out, I'm not trying to play the big man but you just think why when they cant make that much difference and there are so many idiots doing a lot lot worse on the roads but i will sort it. :good:

try frank pickles, they will only insure modified 4x4's :good:

• 3 weeks later...

fa633a1f.jpg

Here's one for all the blokes on my shoot who said ''It's a pretend 4x4''... yes there's no low box or even proper diff lock but it did the job for me on the last day of our shoot at the top of Ceriog Valley in North Wales, on standard road tyres!! :good: (it's had a few mods since then mind)

Edited by Wildfowler69

• 3 months later...