upload your photos off your 4x4s

samboy19

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How are those GT tyres Mike? How has the wear been? I very nearly went for a set but was warned off by one tyre guy saying they wear quickly. I went for Malatesta's instead.

they seem to be going ok hardly any wear ive had them on a year this december! but only done 2k miles? i hardly use the hilux only for shooting and pulling timber out of the woods! and off road they seem great ive not had any testing areas to go through but so far there better than my old insa turbo dakars! the only thing there not great on is wet roads but no mud tyres is that great!

• 4 weeks later...

id been looking for a cheap 4x4 for a while now but nothing really came along , in desparation i bought a rav4 , i know that theyre just a soft roader but it should fit my needs very well , i got it through the mot last week and gave it a quick commercial respray yesterday , just needs a couple of decent spotlamps , a roof speaker , and a decent set of tyres .

post-1082-0-91300200-1382296433_thumb.jpg

post-1082-0-89483000-1382296466_thumb.jpg

post-1082-0-74367700-1382296500_thumb.jpg

post-1082-0-83263600-1382296531_thumb.jpg

the black would have looked better in matt mel. nice shooting bus. :good:

its satin but it seems a little bit too shiney , ill probably give it a couple of days to settle down and if its still too shiney ill mist a coat of matt black over it from a spray can :good:

Here's my beast:

319B8027-C204-45BB-BB04-9160BDC92E7A-224

Put a new engine in (with 80k on the clock) as my head went due to water pump faliure and a Mrs who didn't notice the temp rising! multiple cracks and when we took head off the engine had slightly pitted bores, so I just replaced it all for the lovely cost of £1500!

New starter motor, water pump, thermostat, exhaust (after the local traveling fraternity decided they needed one!)

Going to put her up for sale now though I think as I need to downsize.

My old one, in '96, it was a year older than me.

MeandmylandroverZimbabwe1995.jpg

My new one, it's a bit younger ;) Picked it up a few months ago, needed the brakes sorting and a couple of new tires. Cracking piece of kit so far.

IMG_2430_zps0171b13c.jpg

but nothing will ever really top my first landy and the places I discovered you could make one go when camping our way across Zimbabwe doing fieldwork.

• 2 weeks later...