cz .22lr question

vampire

Hi,as you may know i got my fac last week and rushed out to buy a brand new cz .22 american 20",the bolt was very stiff on the final movement to close and the shop said this is normal for a new rifle :) ,have had it a week and fired 100 rounds through it and its no better,there is a small amount of wear in the chamber where the bolt engages the sqare snib to lock it in place visable when the bolt is removed.

Is this normal and is just seating in, or have i got a dud,also the barrel is not free floating as the stock is touching one side of the barrel.

Any advice appreciated :hmm:

Hi,as you may know i got my fac last week and rushed out to buy a brand new cz .22 american 20",the bolt was very stiff on the final movement to close and the shop said this is normal for a new rifle :good: ,have had it a week and fired 100 rounds through it and its no better,there is a small amount of wear in the chamber where the bolt engages the sqare snib to lock it in place visable when the bolt is removed.

Is this normal and is just seating in, or have i got a dud,also the barrel is not free floating as the stock is touching one side of the barrel.

Any advice appreciated :)

Sounds normal for a CZ to me

They do ease up, but it takes a fair while.

Errrrr...... :hmm: ,which :lol:

Edited by vampire

when new it will be stiff..i was told to just sit with it(empty of course)and work the bolt..load and then unload.as it takes quite some time to become easy to use but,it will become easier..easier than firing shots to loosen the bolt. :hmm:

al

Edited by albob

Thanks :hmm:,will do as you advise ,what do you think about barrel touching one side of the stock :good:

My CZ 550 did that, I went back n the gun shop rang the supplier, after taking advice they swapped the stock and then it was fine :)

Go back and have a word!

hi vamp hope your ok sory didn't reply to your text.

yep mine was same i worked a bit of oil in and after a couple of hundred she was smooth,

if your still looking for mod i've kept the parker hale will do you a deal old boy..

i got sak for cz hmr

to be honnest can't tell the diff in noise but sak is soooooooooo much easyer to strp down..

Mine was the same, and 3 years on still is with CCI subs. Others are fine, it is very accurate and i am very happy with it.

Hiya, I just bought an almost new CZ...and the first bullets through it were CCI's..couldnt get the Eleys I was told it loved.....Straight away I was worried I was going to break the bolt, they would just NOT cycle...then went to my RFD and was told to try Magtechs...they work like a dream...:) I'm gobsmacked how accurate the gun is...:good:

Have you tried other ammo?:hmm:

BTW, I know nothing at all about all this techy stuff, I'm on a VERY steep learning curve ...:lol:

Good luck..:lol:

Hiya, I just bought an almost new CZ...and the first bullets through it were CCI's..couldnt get the Eleys I was told it loved.....Straight away I was worried I was going to break the bolt, they would just NOT cycle...then went to my RFD and was told to try Magtechs...they work like a dream...:) I'm gobsmacked how accurate the gun is...:good:

Have you tried other ammo?:hmm:

BTW, I know nothing at all about all this techy stuff, I'm on a VERY steep learning curve ...:lol:

Good luck..:lol:

When I collected my CZ this week I asked for a selcetion of ammo. When I asked had they any CCI the RFD told me you don't want them in a CZ as they don't cycle properly.

Floating the barrel is easy enough if you dont want the hastle of taking the gun back and going through all the paper work of changing guns. Take the action and barrel off the stock, two screws ( not the one in the middle as its just for the trigger guard). Before you do this make a mental note of were the barrels touching. Using a tube, I used a piece of 15mm copper plumbing pipe, wrap a piece of sandpaper around it and take wood out of barrel channel, keep putting barrel back to check you have floated it. When it fits nicely finish with a fine glasspaper and give the area you have sanded a coat of stock oil.

Thanks guys.

Stuart am sorted with the scirocco for now thanks :hmm:

Will keep on with the bolt,it does seem easier after a bit of working and oil.

Dont think i want to sand a brand new rifle though,may take it back see if they will swap stock only :)

atb,Karl

Mine was the same, and 3 years on still is with CCI subs. Others are fine, My barrel is only just free floating, but it is clear enough for a banknote to pass under just, however it is very accurate and i am very happy with it.

I have found the same thing with my CZ. All other rounds are fine but the CCI subs always seem harder to lock off. Have you tried different types of ammo?

Hiya, I just bought an almost new CZ...and the first bullets through it were CCI's..couldnt get the Eleys I was told it loved.....Straight away I was worried I was going to break the bolt, they would just NOT cycle...then went to my RFD and was told to try Magtechs...they work like a dream...:no: I'm gobsmacked how accurate the gun is...:no:

Have you tried other ammo?:angry:

BTW, I know nothing at all about all this techy stuff, I'm on a VERY steep learning curve ...:D

Good luck..:hmm:

CCI Subs usually chamber VERY tight in CZ, to the point the bolt is hard to close sometimes!!!

Hi,as you may know i got my fac last week and rushed out to buy a brand new cz .22 american 20",the bolt was very stiff on the final movement to close and the shop said this is normal for a new rifle :no: ,have had it a week and fired 100 rounds through it and its no better,there is a small amount of wear in the chamber where the bolt engages the sqare snib to lock it in place visable when the bolt is removed.

Any advice appreciated :angry:

Two screws hold the stock on, it is up to you, but I suggest you slacken them a little and try seating it again, it may just do the trick.

For some reason the Bolts are a little (very) stiff sometimes. Keep the breech and bolt clean and oiled (NOT SOAKED) and it will probably get easier.

But as others have said if you are concerned simply take it back! :no:

Yep, exactly the same problem with the CCI ammo. I think the rim of the cartridge (where the primer is) is thicker than any other ammunition and therefore alters the cartridge head space.

I still prefer the Eley subs, accurate and dependable every time :no:

Keep working that bolt, you may even try to strip it down, I did with mine and found some swarf inside, once cleaned out and re-oiled, it behaved much better :angry:

Here ya go, courtesy of our friend The invisible scarecrow, i think

Edited by hyflier

CCI Subs usually chamber VERY tight in CZ, to the point the bolt is hard to close sometimes!!!

Hiya, But it wasnt just sometimes..it was every time,...and they are exactly the same in my mates Mauser Semi .22LR...surely they shouldnt be like that?? :good:

Hiya, But it wasnt just sometimes..it was every time,...and they are exactly the same in my mates Mauser Semi .22LR...surely they shouldnt be like that?? :good:

i had the same problem in my cz with cci..bolt was very difficult to lock down.

turns out on my rifle,that the chamber needed to be reamed out and then they were fine..the other answer to it,was to not use cci and use the more pointy type bullets.like lapua,which were very good.

cci did say to me that i should use their other cci bullets and not the ones i used,as they other type are a bit shorter(sorry cannot remember the ones they mentioned).

al

Hiya,

they are even worse in the Mauser, they wont cycle at all from the mag and if you singly load them more often than not you get a miss fire and it blows either the end off the cartridge or a hole in the rim... not nice either way.

Me again not making it very clear, when I said sometimes, I meant all the time in your gun if it is tight, but not all CZ have the problem, so sometimes, (although most seem to)! Probably still not very clear but hopefully you get the idea! :lol:

Me again not making it very clear, when I said sometimes, I meant all the time in your gun if it is tight, but not all CZ have the problem, so sometimes, (although most seem to)! Probably still not very clear but hopefully you get the idea! :good:

LOL, Think I get the idea...:blink: and yes, it was very tight every time I tried to clycle a CCI bullet......BUT today I bought some Remmy subs...and they are even better through the gun than the Magtechs...so smooth and quiet too...:blink: I seem to remember being told to get them or Eleys when I bought the gun. Looks like I'll be using them from now on...£5 a 100 too...:good:

HI,have worked that bolt loads and reoiled it is getting better and i can see where it is wearing the metal away now,also have tried some eley subs and a new 10 shot mag and have found that they dont jam and eleys are defo quieter than cci,oh and the barrell prob,i have wedged bit of paper in there whilst it is in cabinet and in time this should make it free folating again.

thanks for help.

atb,Karl