Moles, dirty little digger !

ME

I manage my brothers rental house and the tenant has reported a mole problem in the back lawn.

It doesnt seem to be digging big hills just loads of tunnels just under the surface in the grass.

I want rid. What practical easy solutions are there. I am not fussed about trapping it / them - just want rid :blink:

Not that I know of. Where are Una Stubbs

but there is a stubby, same surname actually :blink:

either A; a swivel chair,torch and 12 bore; jasper carrot style :unsure:

or

pop by mine, and I'll lend you a couple of barrel traps and a couple of scissor traps, explain how to use/set them, and you can become a mole catcher :angry:

but there is a stubby, same surname actually :blink:

either A; a swivel chair,torch and 12 bore; jasper carrot style :unsure:

or

pop by mine, and I'll lend you a couple of barrel traps and a couple of scissor traps, explain how to use/set them, and you can become a mole catcher :angry:

can you not suggest something a bit easier and more permanent Stubby :lol::hmm:

Man pee will see off to bother someone else. It worked for me but nobody can see my nocturnal habits.

Get him to go out backfore he goes to bed, job done. It's the territorial scenting thing - man pee is strong and they figure something has claimed that patch.

I manage my brothers rental house and the tenant has reported a mole problem in the back lawn.

It doesnt seem to be digging big hills just loads of tunnels just under the surface in the grass.

I want rid. What practical easy solutions are there. I am not fussed about trapping it / them - just want rid :good:

Find a "traditional" cycle shop, ask for a tin of carbide ,,, put flakes down hole

no need to do anything else moles will disappear

harrypen

I get loads in my paddoxs and went on a removal spree, flee bay traps are very cheap and as long as you do not leave your scent on them vey effective too, I have taken out 9 moles this year and I believe there are only one or two left in the far edges now.

Persistance and constant checking and moving, make sure you possition the trap in a used run and never too near a hill as the soil they push sets the trap first not the mole, I use a garden cane to locate the run, sharp spade to open in, possition the trap and cover as they will flee fron any light let in thinking it has been dug.

I have worked out in 15 years I will have a enough to make some shorts,,,,,,,

OK so went round their with Evil Elvis last night.

He set some traps, some that just trap and some that are a more permanent solution. :)

Got a call from the tenant this morning and Mr Mole is no more. Nice result. :blink: