welsh warrior

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

what are the mtc viper scopes like ??

Funny you should ask, as I am thinking of flogging my Viper 4-16x50 as I want something smaller and lighter.

They are good value for money, and I like the SCB reticle. They come complete with mounts and sunshade and lens protectors. The MTC Optics web site has loads of info, so take a look.

thats is fine ok if you are only taking the rile out of the hard case and taking the shot and putting it straight back i use one on my 264 and will not carry it around as the slightest knock will move the turrets when in a sling on your back it is surprising how much you can be out

If i was you i would get your scope or mounts checked....they should NOT get moved so easily as you say they do.

Mick

thats is fine ok if you are only taking the rile out of the hard case and taking the shot and putting it straight back i use one on my 264 and will not carry it around as the slightest knock will move the turrets when in a sling on your back it is surprising how much you can be out

Most obviously some of these type of turrets can be knocked, but I have a few and have seldom if ever experienced this problem.

Some can also be locked anyway and some can be zero set after zeroing so it is easy to see if they have moved.

It is not the norm for this type of turret to move all over the place! :rolleyes:

right then i have got it down to 3 scopes ... Falcon Optics

5.5-25x56 FFP Menace (Metric) Rifle Scope

Hawke

Sidewinder 30 IR Tactical 4.5-14x42 Rifle Scope

MTC Optics

Viper 4-16x50 IR Rifle Scope

pros cons etc and personal opinion..thanks again all

I use the 6-24x56 Viper. Cracking scope if not a tad heavy. 1/8th" clicks and a really nice reticule with the SCB

DunK

might be starting another discussion, but i have read that some 'cheap' chinese copy scopes are OK. apperently these scopes that are 'copies' of names such as bushnell, are actually the real thing without the badge. I have a scope like this and it seems pretty good. This site has quite a few on: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.13012.

i've just picked up a bushnell 'clone' off fleabay its quite obviously not bushnell but is a nice enough scope its a 3-9x56 with red/green illuminated ret and came with mounts too it was an absolute bargain about £25 plus £6 postage i think, i'll get the item number if anyone is intrested

might be starting another discussion, but i have read that some 'cheap' chinese copy scopes are OK. apperently these scopes that are 'copies' of names such as bushnell, are actually the real thing without the badge. I have a scope like this and it seems pretty good. This site has quite a few on: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.13012.

The Chinese scopes are not copies, nobody is going to bother setting up a factory to make fake scopes when they can get the real thing as cheap as anything straight off the production line in china. You can buy the Chinese made scopes like Bushnell, Simmonds etc direct from China or Hong Kong off ebay and the only difference is they don't pass through several sets of hands to get to you and at each stage a markup is added.

A friend of the family is a buyer for a well known department store and goes back and forth reguarly to negotiate purchases such as luggage, umbrellas and stuff like that. She says the prices over there are unbelieveable. She doesn't know how they can do it. Their method of working is different to here. Everybody ultimately works for the Chinese Government so there is no internal competition and everyone makes what they are told to make. Thats how you can be 100% sure they are genuine. They won't copy their own goods although they have no compunction about copying goods made else where in the world.

My local dealer slags these ebay scopes off as inferior copies but its only because he can't compete on price and wants to sow seeds of doubt in your mind. Also, I know he buys them himself.

Its a shame we can't buy other things like guns and ammo direct from the US in the same way.

We, in our club, have bought loads of scopes now direct off ebay and never had a problem. Very pleased in fact, the only trouble is they take weeks to get here.

Edited by Vince Green

jst thinking ive seen a few ww 2 scopes for sales german and russian ..so would they fit on a cz ? sorry if its a stupid question

Things have moved on a lot since WW2 in the scope world. Unless you want to put them on a historical rifle forget it. Very basic by modern standards but very well made for their time. Beautiful in fact.