stalking oppotunity

Hi,

This is just to gauge interest in this opportunity…

A good friend of mine is a deer park manager who has some culling available on Fallow and Sika deer.

The park is set in fantastic woodlands in Kent with a large amount of deer available. The cost for the cull is £140 with 1 animal and others can be bought on the day. He can guarantee you 1 animal for those that just want the experience, or additional culls can be bought offering a great opportunity (extra beasts price unknown as of yet)

There are large herds of Fallow, Sika, Reds and Pere Davids which can also be taken at an additional cost, which can be discussed on the day. Muntjac, Chinese Water Deer and Roe deer can also be taken, and again costs can be discussed on the day for various animals and medals. The park boasts some of the biggest heads in the UK and reds worldwide, with numerous amounts of gold medals on all species.

Novice stalkers are welcome as you will be accompanied at all times, and more experienced stalkers are also welcome. B&B accommodation can be organised if necessary.

All venison belongs to the park which can be bought at park rates. Heads belong to the lucky shooters.

Oct 4th

Hi all,

Thank you for all the PM's about the stalking and those of you that have been and stalked with us already,

I now have the dates available for November and December, Midweeks and Weekends and can take bookings.

Thanks again,

Alex

Edited by Shotgunspud

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all know that deer in parks need to be managed, but it is not fair chase and I see it like shooting fish in a barrel. It is not something I would entertain, prefering to hunt deer in the wild, not in a fenced park. Each to there own I guess.

Hang on lads before we all get started it is a big park and yes they do need managing… not everyone on here has stalking so things like this are perfect for first timers or people after a day out with a good ending,

I am sure if you asked PW members what they would rather do shoot them in the wild or in a park every one of them would say wild given the chance… but not given the chance and offered a day on a park at a good price with there first deer or just out for a controlled cull is better then dreaming about it no???

Please don’t get me wrong I do understand what you are saying but not all parks are fish in a barrel shooting and this is one of them! I didn’t intend to start falling out with people over this if you don’t want to go please don’t put others off that are willing and wanting a go!

Alex

Edited by Shotgunspud

I am heavily invloved in the management, both for live sales, meat and trophy wise with a number of parks.

Too many people who have no idea on stalking or parks, often start saying there like fish in a barrel. I ask you to come over here and try and shoot 2 P.D's in a 600 acre fenced area with woods, hedges, hollows.

If you dont have the experience please dont shout stupid commnets around and if you are still of a moran minded approach you can come for some culling to see what it is like!

I am heavily invloved in the management, both for live sales, meat and trophy wise with a number of parks.

Too many people who have no idea on stalking or parks, often start saying there like fish in a barrel. I ask you to come over here and try and shoot 2 P.D's in a 600 acre fenced area with woods, hedges, hollows.

If you dont have the experience please dont shout stupid commnets around and if you are still of a moran minded approach you can come for some culling to see what it is like!

So is that an offer of some culling?

Edd

Sounds like a great opportunity to learn a thing or two, i've only shot munty before. If it's supervised, do we get to do the whole kit and kaboodle with gralloch etc? i could use a few pointers. Also is there an estate gun?

yes there is estate rifle mate and i am sure you can join in as much as you like...

As Sam f said lads try it then knock it...

Hi,

This is just to gauge interest in this opportunity…

A good friend of mine is a deer park manager who has some culling available on Fallow and Sika deer.

The park is set in fantastic woodlands in Kent with a large amount of deer available. The cost for the cull is £140 with 1 animal and others can be bought on the day. He can guarantee you 1 animal for those that just want the experience, or additional culls can be bought offering a great opportunity (extra beasts price unknown as of yet)

There are large herds of Fallow, Sika, Reds and Pere Davids which can also be taken at an additional cost, which can be discussed on the day. Muntjac, Chinese Water Deer and Roe deer can also be taken, and again costs can be discussed on the day for various animals and medals. The park boasts some of the biggest heads in the UK and reds worldwide, with numerous amounts of gold medals on all species.

Novice stalkers are welcome as you will be accompanied at all times, and more experienced stalkers are also welcome. B&B accommodation can be organised if necessary.

All venison belongs to the park which can be bought at park rates. Heads belong to the lucky shooters.

sounds good to me mate :rolleyes:

I'm not having a go,(just curious) but how is shooting the medal heads managing the population? I would have thought that the poorer quality deer would be removed and the better quality ones kept for breeding?

ATB :angry:

As you no medal heads do cost alot more mate, inturn this helps to pay for feed for the rest of the deer over winter...

alex

Edited by Shotgunspud

My comments seem to have touched a few nerves :( . If you want a guaranteed shot then perhaps this is for you. For the price quoted you can find plenty of fair chase wild stalking all over the country accompanied by experienced deer stalkers. The difference between the two is this is deer shooting and not deer stalking/hunting imho. A bit like buying a driven pheasant day with a guaranteed number of birds. Like I said earlier each to there own but its not for me. Just my ten cents worth :angry:

not quite like a driven day as they are released but I was on the same lines, obviously they have to be managed and they do have a fair amount of space but the fact a shot can be guaranteed was one thing and medals are another. I wouldn't find a park deer medal worth paying extra for and as you say .243 win you can go cull stalking for a lot less. That said I know not a lot about stalking so its definitely an opportunity for people to experience park deer.

I don't understand all the criticism... surely this is a wonderful training oppurtunity for a new starter, learning about the animal and how/where to shoot it and prepare it for the game larder. This knowledge once gained can be used when they progress on to learning their fieldcraft and stalking in the wild. We don't all know it all, and have to start somewhere. Surely this is a toe in the door oppurtunity to start learning the very basics with a guaranteed outcome.

Its not a criticism its more an ethical debate on what floats your boat really. I've loads of park deer near me and I wouldn't want to go there for a sporting day out, as you say its somewhere to learn the trade I'm just surprised people would go to a park and pay the same money for stalking and by the sounds of it medals as they would on wild stock.