Annoying sayings

Markio

Random post for the evening but does anyone know somebody with the most annoying sayings that they repeat time and again. I have one at work, he's my boss, i work in the same room as him and have to listen to his and his 'isms' all day. Examples...

"Shall we say" at the end of every sentence, sometimes he chucks in a few in the middle of sentences for good measure.

"And so forth" as above.

I'm not going to type them all out for anger management issues but the list is seriously long. Sometimes we've heard complete sentences filled with isms and therefore are totally meaningless.

Oh, and yesterday while demonstrating a co-workers bit of software he said "Actually Physically" more time that i could count. As in "You actually physically click or this", or "actually physically scroll down here". How the **** else was i going to do it? With mind control? I was ready to slit my own throat with the dull edge of my laptop.

Not forgetting the mis-use of words such as Pacific instead of Specific and other meaningless drivel.

So, are they just a bit thick or is it a bad habit like picking your nose? Discuss. :lol:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do it back to him and get everyone in the office to do it have a sweep to see how many you can pacifically actually physically get in one sentence shall we say and so forth etc. :lol:

Perfect, not unheard of. Utter nonsense!

at one point everyone in the office caught the "at the end of the day" bug. I used to whisper after every one "its night"

There are so many that do the rounds that I couldn't type them all. Especially with a dodgy spacebar.

Dan

That's another one.

:lol:

Oh dear, where to start :lol: Not so much phrases / sayings as buzz words really...

Architecture

Automotive Intellect

Brand DNA

Cadence

Due dilligence

Eco-system

Framework

<insert pretty much any word here> agnostic

Orthogonal

Synergy

One guy insists on saying at the end of a conference call "so all that remains is for me to thank everyone for attending" - I started to say it myself the other day stopped mid-way and said **** I was starting to sound like **** for a minute there. He was on the call too :lol:

I also have a US based Indian colleague who uses the word "actually" in every, and yes I mean every sentence, the more excited he get's the more actually's he throws in. He has "actually" (see it's contagious) strung sentences together (of sorts) where "actually" featured more than all the other words combined :lol:

edit: oh yeah my ex boss, at the end of every discussion, would chime in with "well, if we just take a step back for a moment ..."

Edited by Raja Clavata

Starting sentences with:

"at the end of the day"

"in all Fairness"

"to be honest with you"

My Kids:

saying "yeah" after every sentence like a question

"oh my god" grrrrrrrrrrr

"Yeah its ping innit!" *** does that mean?

Harlie keeps calling me "bruv" :lol::lol::lol:

I have a patient in here at the moment that repeats the last 3 words of every sentence you say....its quickly becomes nerve jangling and grates your teeth...............................

I have a patient in here at the moment that repeats the last 3 words of every sentence you say....its quickly becomes nerve jangling and grates your teeth...............................

Tell him:

"We had a nutter in the other day, all he kept saying was I want gay sex"

And see what he says back

where I work all the managers speak almost entirely in 'buzzwords' so that every comment they make has to be mentally filtered before being able to understand what the **** they are actually trying to say..... drives me nuts (not that I've got far to go)

also the kids now speak in semi-american accents using annoying american teen speak.... they don't even try to watch I Carly when I'm in the living room anymore... bring back national service I say... stick em on the train with sixpence and a decent haircut....... rant rant rant

So and So etc etc 'then he went' but should be 'then he said'

or so and so etc etc 'do you know what I mean' for no apparent reason, that is when I ask which part of the last sentence did the speaker think I might have had difficulty with :cry1: .

I don't like to hear people saying "et cetera" (or "exetra" as they insist on saying) :cry1:

It is over-used these days. In my opinion it should only be used in written English, not spoken. It saves you writing long lists but it's not necessary to say it.

When people do insist on saying it these days, they usually get it wrong anyway, because they're stupid. They tend to add it unnecessarily to an already complete list, such as "My gun shop had lots of shotguns on display, semi-autos, pumps, over/unders etc"

**** off :/