What are you scared of?

bullet boy

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:) and it happened me twice on tuesday night as well out lamping with richie! :yes: from now on im carrying a 12ga with buckshot any time im near cattle :hmm::lol:

Im quite at ease with cows growing up on a farm, we have one bull who can get a bit big for his boots and he starts putting his head down when you walk towards him, all you've got to do is get a stick and give him a smack on the edge of his nose and he soon retreats to the top of the shed. When a cow on heat is around its a different story :good:

Im quite at ease with cows growing up on a farm, we have one bull who can get a bit big for his boots and he starts putting his head down when you walk towards him, all you've got to do is get a stick and give him a smack on the edge of his nose and he soon retreats to the top of the shed. When a cow on heat is around its a different story :good:

shot shot grew up in the countryside and i grew up in a small village with some family farming, so im usually at ease with them too, just a bit cautious; richie (who i was lamping with) grew up on a farm and usually takes the p*** outta me for being careful, but when i said to him the other night "richie those sucklers are running towards us" i turned around and all i saw was his boot soles disappearing through the hedge :yes:

Me too.

There is NO boundary I would not cross to protect them.

Anything happening to them is my deepest fear, whatever form it takes, but I do not smother them and give them free reign.

I am sure, and can see, most fathers here are probably the same.

Thats true, in fact it scares me what I would do to protect them, I think my daughter woories me more, there are a few little herbert's round here I am going to have a quiet word with! :good:

Yeh I hear that one!

we have a dog walk near us that goes through a cow field, and as much as I try to walk past calmly I usually end up giving it whopper toes across the field to the nearest gate.

It's the stupid looks on their faces, and the fact that behind those big black dopey eyes, evil is being planned. :yes:

I,ve found the same. I,ve tried to face my fear a few times but they definetly seem to pick up on something and come charging towards me so now I just give them a wide birth

i get the **** taken out of me for this cow fear - but they are the devils own!! i think they also pick up fear, as i have tried a couple of times to face my fear, but its always the same - they slowly start looking over... then walking ... the walking quickly.. then before i know it they are chasing me- to any doubters - google cow attacks. scary stuff.

The worst has to be rats followed closely by lifts in general but specifically small ones because was stuck in one by myself when i was about 5 and oddly for my hobby it used to be dead birds to a certain extent. I put it down to picking up 'dead' pheasants on the shoot when i was less than 5 that would from time to time turn out not to be dead and start flapping and kicking and what not and it really got to me then although i am past it now.

G

The wife has the wasp thing goes mental running about screaming like a banshee what an embarrasment , i'm not one for phobia's think cows are great however one thing that i might be a bit scary for me is the thought of having to go back to hospital and having a catheter shoved up the old trouser snake again, had a problem about 4 months ago and went to a and e and the doc had to cut the "entrance" before he could get the old pipe in ! my god now that was painfull, don't want that again, made my eyes water i can tell you !! :hmm:

horses...1 ends dangerous the other expensive, been kicked in the face by one and that hurt for months, also got bit by a shetland when i was very young, they are just pure evil them little things!

Cows..my grandad had to have a huge operation due to being kicked when calving, i witnessed it (the kick, not the operation) at the age of 9 and to see someone i looked upto and loved so much get hurt by something he was trying to help...never will i go within 50yards of 1 agin!

Not been able to shoot..losing my guns