When the UK is a third world area

pavman

A view on what? Aid? Korean-ish families? Mud huts? Ninja wives?

I dont really have the energy tbh, so meh, whatever, I will just go with the flow. Please delete as appropriate:

Send 'em all back/bring back hanging/they were proper cars in my day/kids these days have no respect/why cant music these days have a nice tune instead of all that shouting and noise/make the punishment fit the crime/I'm not racist but... /send them over to Iraq with a rifle/bring back national service/etc etc.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A view on what? Aid? Korean-ish families? Mud huts? Ninja wives?

I dont really have the energy tbh, so meh, whatever, I will just go with the flow. Please delete as appropriate:

Send 'em all back/bring back hanging/they were proper cars in my day/kids these days have no respect/why cant music these days have a nice tune instead of all that shouting and noise/make the punishment fit the crime/I'm not racist but... /send them over to Iraq with a rifle/bring back national service/etc etc.

like i said, close the door, and let em get on with it.

Edited by MM

How have you determined the truth of this statement?

Were they there before you? If not, I find it difficult to believe that they would be sent in first. I also find it hard to believe that they would turn away a young girl in pain without referring you to somewhere else that could help as emergency services operate 24hr.

How did you know none of them spoke English? Did you speak to them or was it just that they didn't speak to each other in English?

I think your confused.

It wasnt an A&E job,my girl was admitted to a ward for day surgery and i spent 6 hours sitting in this ward and about 5 hours of that with these people.I came to the conclusion that they couldnt speak english after about 3 nurses and a doctor tried to communicate with them and at one point one nurse drew some pictures on a bit of paper for them.

Find it hard to believe all you like, it happened.

She has had the surgery today and it went well

Amazing, you assume so much eh ? Did you talk to them, find out what their problems are ? and to assume that it was cosmetic rather than to alleviate pain shows what a real humanitarian you are, yes it is hard to be tolerant if your nearest and dearest are in pain, but what you write beggars belief.

Wow, yet another assumption, or are you now a mind reader as well as a cosmetic surgeon ?

Sorry for the tangent to the OP but some things need to be addressed at source :good:

I always find what you write to beggar belief,so you see we finally do have something in common :sick:

I couldnt talk to them as they couldnt understand english.

Dont want to know their problems.

My assumption they were there for cosmetic surgery was based on the nurse saying to them "you are here to see a cosmetic surgeon"very slowly and the way british people speak to foriegners that cant speak english and then trying to explain that to them with pointing and even at one point with pictures....

So not as many assumptions as you would like to believe :hmm::yes:

Yes the op was will anyone help out the uk after were a third world country. Well I refer to my earlier,how many non christian aid agency's are there? Non that I can think of. So in short if this country does descend into chaos or worse a second civil war will anyone intervene? I doubt it. Any country is only 3 meals away from chaos, rioting, war. we are already seeing many food riots throughout the world,with food cost going up the future of my children worries me deeply. And worries me that as seems with all great civilisations they desttroy themselves almost overnight at what seems the pinnacle of their achievement.

Muslim Aid

Islamic Aid

there's two Islamic ones to start you off.

http://www.africaguide.com/charity.htm

on that list maybe a dozen are Christian, the rest are non-religious

nick,all those charities seem to be in the uk. When I said non christian,I should have said non western based charities,ie a charity not in a predominately traditional christian country. All these are undoubtedly good causes by the way.

Rather than send aid money, we should raid Tottenham High Road and scoop up all the old Mercs and BMWs and ship them out to Africa gratis; first off we will get a load of uninsured death traps of our roads and second off the despotic leaders will have to "restore" the cars they want rather than just buy them new - it's like a matched donation then.

I get the point of sending aid with strings attached to it, but if you google african leader aid money and mercedes there's a few articles out there to keep you busy for this morning.

I think of myself as a fairly average chap and I have to say that I am now almost completely "foreign aid appeal blind". It's like a form of snow blindness - the constant never ending barrage of appeals has just left me blind to them all. And at the back of my mind is the strongest feeling of nausia when multi billion dollar earning popstars and moviestars tell me they want my money. Mind you, if they want to sell everything they own and get down to average Joe's net worth and then ask for a donation......

Edited by Mungler

so why send UKPLC tax handouts to corrupt despots

Pav,

I forget the exact figure, £10M per year I think, but the UK government donates money for education direct to NGO's in Kenya thereby bypassing the government corruption. It is not the fault of the average Kenyan that their government is so corrupt.

There is hope though in the moves afoot under the new constitution that is being built - federalism should address some aspects of centralised government corruption. It won't solve all such problems but should better benefit the vast majority rather than the one ruling tribe.

Pav,

I forget the exact figure, £10M per year I think, but the UK government donates money for education direct to NGO's in Kenya thereby bypassing the government corruption. It is not the fault of the average Kenyan that their government is so corrupt.

There is hope though in the moves afoot under the new constitution that is being built - federalism should address some aspects of centralised government corruption. It won't solve all such problems but should better benefit the vast majority rather than the one ruling tribe.

As I have said before Raja you and ecoboy can give all you wish that is yours to give personnally i am sick of not having the choice no matter who is in power they give my and everyone else money (lots of it) funny thnig is the guys dishing out our cash have more than you and i will ever have and dont see the effect every £7.50 goodwill gesture they make has on joe public

personally Pav I'd be more worried how many 100's of your tax goes on dole bludgers and social housing for those with no intention of getting a job before worring about helping stop people dieing. I get no say on whether I want to pay for people not to work and I'm sure you're the same

personally Pav I'd be more worried how many 100's of your tax goes on dole bludgers and social housing for those with no intention of getting a job before worring about helping stop people dieing. I get no say on whether I want to pay for people not to work and I'm sure you're the same

Spot on amigo, spot on :hmm:

What we fork out internationally is loose change compared to the money we waste domestically on scroungers and general bureaucracy. The notion that charity starts at home is fine with me but let's get an appropriate sense of perspective here. If this country is going to the dogs it has far more to do with what goes on here than it does in the undeveloped world.

Going back to the point I made previously on ignorance; a famous phrase from Eric Hoffer sums things up pretty well "In times of change the learners will inherit the earth, while the knowers will find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists".

It should be clear to most of us that we are in a period of significant global change - you can work out the rest ...

Edited by Raja Clavata