Child benefit whos affected

Cookiemonsterandmerlin.

Just out of intrest whats your thought on the new idears I do think myself that any household with a income in excess of 40k jointly should not get any help .

I do think its nuts that a couple with earning in excess of the cap will still get it yet a single earner that exceeds the cap limit will not.

I canT belive that parents think others should fund there children IMO having children is a choice and like pets if you cant afford them dont have them.

Regards OTH

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a poorly thought out policy! Two in the house could earn £80k and get it one earning £44k doesn't?

Why can't it be like the child tax credit system (I did say like) based upon household income. They could even be imaginative and use the same application process.

Cut some of the free "tourist NHS" spend or overseas aid or EU monies?

Going directly against his promise last year!

I certainly think that the Chav scum that don't work and pop out kids for an income shouldn't get it - and to say anyone with a 40k plus income shouldn't? That's cack too, due to the terms of child care my wife is now part time, this means we have less income but what about the years of work when we have paid taxes and received no benefit? Why should my son miss out? (it goes in a saving account for him when he's 18

Also myself and my wife have never claimed any other benefit or dole etc (unless you count nhs and this is only for the things my private med care doesn't cover!)

Regards,

Gixer

Edited by gixer1

The Country is skint and so brace yourselves.

The Government doesn't want to do anything as unpopular as increase direct taxation and so everything "indirect" takes a bump up and all government expenditure will end up slashed.

I'm skint too and have a mortgage of £120k but I don't expect to pay it off in four years!

The whole system is wrong

look at this Yet this young Polish mother does not live in Britain. Her home is thousands of miles away in Lubin, a town near the picturesque city of Wroclaw in south-west Poland and close to the German border

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-48...l#ixzz11Pf5oC8Z

Every week, she puts Martina and Alan in the back of her blue Renault Clio and drives the five minutes journey to the cashpoint at her local bank. There, she draws out the £33-a-week put into her family account by the British government. It totals £1,650 each year.

Yet this young

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-48...l#ixzz11PeuYjEY

One other thing to add highlighted by gixer1 child benefit is for the child today not for there saving account. As parents you are banking this money highlights to me you dont need the money for there day to day living expenses

Benefits are there to feed and keep them in clothes not for later in life or to fund other extras like holidays etc.

Kind regards OTH

Just out of intrest whats your thought on the new idears I do think myself that any household with a income in excess of 40k jointly should not get any help .

I do think its nuts that a couple with earning in excess of the cap will still get it yet a single earner that exceeds the cap limit will not.

I canT belive that parents think others should fund there children IMO having children is a choice and like pets if you cant afford them dont have them.

Regards OTH

Which is a fair point :no: however situations change :blink: wait for the 20th of the month,plenty of people will be laid off :no: not a lot they can do about it,sorry state this country is in :blink: BB

and any household with 40k coming in,NICE, but remember not everyone has :no::no:

i would make it so familie's could only claim for 2 kids.ok you can't take it away from the familie's that have 8/9 kids now,but in 16 years time we'd get rid of all the breeding machines :no:

plus i'd make people on the dole work 3 days a week doing community service.and i think the goverment should top people's wage's up who want to work but find that they would be worse off than they are on benefit's.plus the government would be saving money that way

Regards OTH

Hey just thought, "if you can't afford them don't have them" yes we could get rid of free education, free medical treatment, don't give old people any money for heating, get rid of social care, get rid of public transport, if you can't afford your own transport then tough, now let's get rid of libraries, and swimming pools they don't make a profit! Hey and here's novel you only get the emergency services if yo can afford it!

You get my jist?

One other thing to add highlighted by gixer1 child benefit is for the child today not for there saving account. As parents you are banking this money highlights to me you dont need the money for there day to day living expenses

Benefits are there to feed and keep them in clothes not for later in life or to fund other extras like holidays etc.

Kind regards OTH

Tripe! I accept it because it may make my Childs future easier and as I don't claim anything else I'm sure as hell that this one small perk (which really is just a reduction in the amount the government already steals from me) is going to be enjoyed by my son, it's there to benefit my child, and I see fit to hold this in an account to gain interest and maybe help them with a car or house in the future, when you usually need it most (leaving the family home maybe?)

Regards,

Gixer

I'm skint too and have a mortgage of £120k but I don't expect to pay it off in four years!

neither does the government, they're only taking about the defecit at the moment, not the sodding huge amount we've actually borrowed, its still going up each year by the figures they are talking about!

I'm Conservative and think this is total ******** A family with two incomes earning just under 80K can still get it but a family with a single income of over 40000 can't! I also think that us who have been paying (As in my parents) have paid for robbing benifit cheats and foreigners and have seen nothin in return except a little child benefit and now there will also be them who cheat the system! Rant over

In my opinion everyone should get it or no one should get it; with how it is now its going to be even easier for benefit scroungers to get hold of it with another child etc!

Edited by Brad93

Gixer, the very fact that you put the money in a bank account for 18 years just shows that some people don't actually need it...It's supposed to be for your childrens needs when they are children.. not for their first car..

And someone on 40 50 60k does?:no:

Gixer, the very fact that you put the money in a bank account for 18 years just shows that some people don't actually need it...

It's supposed to be for your childrens needs when they are children.. not for their first car..

No- it shows that the same amount out of our family income is spent on the life of my child, where the money is from is irrelevant, the fact is I feel that small pitance is the least they can do considering the amount of tax I have paid v's what I have had in the way of nhs ect and in comparison to some of the parasites we pay to keep in the uk!

I thought it was 44k per person? I dont earn that much, but as a joint income, we might get hit. Never mind. I know people say " if you cant afford to look after them, you shouldnt...etc..etc..", so thats why ive only got two. Id love to have more kids, but financialy its not workable. I can see the benifits system being hit all round, and i think the so called 'great unwashed' being hit hard as well. :no:

I think benefits should be calculated fairly on the house holds joint income,any benefits also be paid on merit ie you ain't paid into the system don't expect to get tidily squat out,that would sort out the system out a lot,leave school with no intention of ever working you won't expect to get any payments,a pretty Victorian system but it cuts out foreign scroungers,and any one that thinks they can ride the system all their lives,at the other end of the spectrum is the fact that benefits can only be paid up to 26k that is still above what many full working couples.

I think a little more thought needs to be put in to the benefit system

I can IMO see very liitle diffrents in others inculding myself funding and paying for others children be it now or later when leaving home .

One I cant see why part of my taxes goes on funding others children like I said before this is truly a choice not a right to have children .

Where as getting old or needing the NHS is fact of life for us all and I dont mind paying taxes for the greater good but once again funding your children should not be anybody elses problem other than the parents of the child.

Be it some dole collecting CHAV or a millonaire or even a PW forum member THERE YOUR CHILDREN not mine would you like to fund my gundogs and ferrets I dont think so .

So why should I and other fund your childs up bringing.

Kind regards OTH

Edited by Over the hill

Just been discussing this with the wife who is a teacher that on a daily basis see the "parent(s)" who make a "living" from their child benifits and just about any other benfit they can get / DEMAND.

What makes this wrong is the grey boarder where one person earning £43,876 or more and other earning nothing and this FAMILY get ZERO, but a couple earning 2 x £43,875 they get child benifit.

MADNESS,

In my view, it should be only paid for the first child.

No- it shows that the same amount out of our family income is spent on the life of my child, where the money is from is irrelevant, the fact is I feel that small pitance is the least they can do considering the amount of tax I have paid v's what I have had in the way of nhs ect and in comparison to some of the parasites we pay to keep in the uk!

Agree!

I earn way over the proposed cut off, and my youngest is coming up to 16 so I suppose it wont bother me then BUT I would have seriously whined if I had lost it as I have damn well contributed more than enough to consider child benefit my RIGHT.

Perhaps if they stopped allowing kids to be used as an income, and stopped supporting non contributory immigrants IE your welcome if you can support yourself,but not if you cant, then maybe we might get somewhere.

KW