shooting magazines

billytheghillie

Given up buying mags the cost now at roughly £4 a go is amazing when x across many years.

Its full of the same old faces claiming there great etc .

The truth be known you will learn more about shooting fishing etc from old bob in the pub or on PW forum than some colourful overpriced mag.

Regards OTH

Given up buying mags the cost now at roughly £4 a go is amazing when x across many years.

Its full of the same old faces claiming there great etc .

The truth be known you will learn more about shooting fishing etc from old bob in the pub or on PW forum than some colourful overpriced mag.

Regards OTH

Try Sporting shooter ............ £5 for 5 issues ............ can't go wrong !!

Try Sporting shooter ............ £5 for 5 issues ............ can't go wrong !!

Yes thats a good price but it a box of 25 shells which can be a morning out having far more fun than reading adverts.

I think there is not a whole lot to be learned from mags for shooters like myself who have all the gear needed and knowledge ,there not alot the authors can teach myself as I have probley shot more pigeons than they have.

Kind regards OTH

Edited by Over the hill

I gave up getting airgunner it was full of adverts and pictures of blokes holding guns :blink: ,where i am working at a local hall they get 'the field' ! magazine,since i have been there i have read a years subscription and all have been very good,although a bit top end with adverts for shooting estates etc for sale at like £12 million a pop :look:,if we all clubbed together could have some good hols/shooting :good:

Used to pay a subscription for sporting gun but as has been said it gets repertative so I canceled it , but they still send it. I expect they'll spot it on the year but for now I'm not complaning.

Hi mate the same thing happened to me. My ex's Mother bought me a 6 month subscription for xmas one year; it was the 18 month mark before they realised how long my subscription was :blink: but I wasn't complaining.

Hi mate the same thing happened to me. My ex's Mother bought me a 6 month subscription for xmas one year; it was the 18 month mark before they realised how long my subscription was :blink: but I wasn't complaining.

wish that would of happened with my sporting shooter subscription :look:

I actually read the sporting shooter for the first time the other day, apart from having a few of my local pickers up in it was a much better read than most of the mags out there. Only slight point was all the info on foxing is about 2 months out of date with regard to going after cubs

I get Shooting Times delivered to my door every Thursday morning, it costs £19.99 for 4 months and I get a copy every week! Not too bad I would say, it makes good reading when your on the bog or having a brew, family members like it too. But you are right, it does get a little repetitive and you will learn lots from an old boy or a place like this!

If it keeps on improving I must say I think that BASC's S&C could well end up as the best particularly if some useful pieces on pigeon/fox shooting are included more than currently so.

Cheers

its ok but not up to Sporting shooter standards, and that has plenty on fox and pigeon shooting

Iget Shooting Times, TheField( Chrismas present) and Trout and Salmon- This is the best read of the lot I wish Shooting Mags used their format. ST is getting very political and almost game farmers weekly! 20 yrs ago was 200% better with fantastic writers like BB Town Gun Fred J Tavlor Gough Thomas Geoff Boothroyd Arthur Oglesby Lea Macnally etc etc. :look:

No more subscriptions for me,if you do you find you are reading the same old over and over again,its worse than watching TV (repeats)

Now its just an occasional purchase of sporting gun to catch up with any new developments.

Keep your cash for the clays theres no substitute for practice :look: