fireworks

stef

I reckon the lazy little @@@@@ just download a display or 'get an app for it' so they don't even waste energy getting off their ***** and going down the shops and getting someone to go in and buy some for 'em ???

Happy days, freezing your bits off round the corner from the shop, waiting for an older kid to get you a packet of bangers or ripraps :good:

Most shops aren't allowed to sell them before 22 October due to a requirement of the temporary license to sell them. And most of the decent (noisey!) fireworks which were quite cheap (small rockets, bangers, airbombs etc) have been recently banned. No fun in letting them off in the streets any more :good:

I have a roll of 1000 chinese firecrackers rolled up the size of an 18" tyre which i`m saving until Friday 5th, however i do have my leafblower on standby to blow away all the resultant mess that appears from these things. Anyone seen any good online offers for fireworks? usually i see loads but this year there seems to be the usual supermarket jobs but not much else.

I bought 1000 really loud bangers from RFD :good: 7.5 32grm brilliant. They are the only bangers i would pay for nowadays.

Each to there own i suppose, but paying that amount of money on fireworks when you could go and see a few thousand £'s worth for a tenner,

I think Alton towers display some years ago cost over £60,000

I really don't see the point in fireworks whatsoever,miserable yeah maybe,but I'm damned if I'm gonna spend my money on things lighting up the sky! Ide pay to see an air strike,that's as far as I go!

I like to go to the displays with the kids, but I am a firm believer that they should not be allowed for sale to the general public.

Had my shed set on fire last year by a stray from a home display, wasn't best pleased.

Edited by 955i

Saw the damage some kids did pushing rockets through the pensioners

letter boxes last year, The lot should be banned and the irresponsible

Bs in corner shops selling them to kids closed down,we darent do things like

this when we were kids for fear of a good kicking off the local copper or parents,

kids these days dont give a monkeys arent bothered at all and have no fear

of the non existent consequences. :good:

I like to go to the displays with the kids, but I am a firm believer that they should not be allowed for sale to the general public.

Had my shed set on fire last year by a stray from a home display, wasn't best pleased.

I could not agree more.

My ex. had one of these rocket things right between her eyes , and had to be taken to a hospital, on our daughters wading.!!

[/just been to jtf and spent £250 between the family so looking forward to setting them off :good:

Im on duty for the display here...there is a bonfire which they have been building for over a month...it is huge!!! Last year, they had a fire picket for nearly 20hrs after because it kept on burning!

I agree with some of the comments above...there is a time and a place for fireworks...and they should not be sold to irresponsible people intent on using them for mindless stupidity :good:

I have to admit to playing with fireworks as a kid, mini rockets (Red Tails for those who remember them) and bangers out on the waste land, but by todays standards they were just puffs of smoke - they would have harmed but the stuff these days is much pore potent. Best left for commercial displays these days, there just isn't the space to have a display at home anymore - how many people have big enough gardens not only for their safety, but for the neighbours shed as well ?

Where did you get your chinese firecrackers? Bought some in France and they were awesome, just not seen them here at all?

In a previous life i did firework displays as a business, got bored of the standing around and the mass of clearing up that`s involved etc but still have my contacts to buy CAT1 restricted stuff, my daughter loves firecrackers so i treat her plus enough pyro to start an invasion on most banana republics then tote it round to my parents house and blow the daylights out of their garden with half the neighbours watching.

about ten years back we got some beasts of rockets, a head the size of a tin can, and sticks about 4ft long. Turned out they didn't actually give any sort of visual display, just a boom that puts most centerfires to shame. we strapped paper butterflies to them, when we went out in the morning, there was singed paper confetti over a 300m radius!

Anyone remember airbomb repeaters? We used to shoulder launch them from bits of yellow gasboard pipe! Those were the days! The dog hates fireworks, goes mental barking at the sky! Had to sedate her once! Last year a stray firework hit the bedroom window at about midnight! Woke the baby up and the double glazing in that panel now mists up! Once went to a guy at work who lost his sight ******* about with fireworks so I've kind of gone off them now!

I will admit to being pretty bloody daft with fireworks when I was young, This time of year was brilliant as a kid because one of the biggest challenges was trying to fool the shopowners that you really were Sixteen. Starnge that most would sell you cigarettes all year round but would always question your age and ask your date of birth when you wanted a few mini rockets to fire at your mates.

I still bear the scars of an air bomb repeater exploding in my right hand blowing my thumb and first 2 fingers apart. I had about 100 stitches to put them back together.

:ernyha:

I will admit to being pretty bloody daft with fireworks when I was young, This time of year was brilliant as a kid because one of the biggest challenges was trying to fool the shopowners that you really were Sixteen. Starnge that most would sell you cigarettes all year round but would always question your age and ask your date of birth when you wanted a few mini rockets to fire at your mates.

I still bear the scars of an air bomb repeater exploding in my right hand blowing my thumb and first 2 fingers apart. I had about 100 stitches to put them back together.

???:good:

I only like massive displays these days, or the odd one that bangs really loudly. Domestic fireworks are absolute rubbish anyway unless you spend £100 a firework, but what moron would throw their money away like that.

Got some bangers from france when I was younger. We set them off in the park and on the downs. Scared a few horse riders and old biddies, and got home before the rozzers turned up :ernyha: