the best target ?

demonwolf444

right guys, want lots of comments from all the airgunners :), whats your favourite TARGET to shoot at, from the humble paper target to the infamous tin can, my favourite would have to be a nearly empty deoderant can, quite satisfying to shoot, but not as dangerous as a full one! they are the first thing i shoot to check my scope is holding zero :).. also i found these things called "firebird" targets .. they look novelty and i think i might have to buy some on impulse, has anyone used these and what are they like, from the promo video they look a laugh.. with some fire safety hazards :)

Edited by demonwolf444

Was give a couple of Fire Birds @ Recent trade Show

@ around a £1.00 Each Retail - Doubt if they will take off

Especially with Tight Air Gunners :blush:

Being a Shot Gun Ground - We have unlimited used Shotgun Cases

Often have Races - Shooting double used Cases up range

Placing them on Cocktail Sticks @ Distance

Summer Times - Sweet lolly's - To start and the Fly's when warm :good:

Not forgetting Knock Over Targets

BOB/R

jesus christ .177 at 55 yards... shows me up a bit , to be fair as long as i get 2 inch groupings at 55 yards im a happy man, but at any where under25/30 yards i expect an inch groupings minimun.. to be fair im not so much targets more as long as i can shoot at my sighting distance- full length of garden never measured it out, and hit every time at that range, im a happy man , but my .177 is saved for the "garden critters" crows,pigeons, and squizers, and is sighted in at about 15 yards, its pellet over pellet 1/2 inch groupings

jesus christ .177 at 55 yards... shows me up a bit , to be fair as long as i get 2 inch groupings at 55 yards im a happy man, but at any where under25/30 yards i expect an inch groupings minimun.. to be fair im not so much targets more as long as i can shoot at my sighting distance- full length of garden never measured it out, and hit every time at that range, im a happy man , but my .177 is saved for the "garden critters" crows,pigeons, and squizers, and is sighted in at about 15 yards, its pellet over pellet 1/2 inch groupings

I'd be happy with 2" groups at 55 yds given your range of weapons :lol:

I only shoot paper to check the zero and when testing new pellets / guns. A shotgun cartridge hung from a branch at 35 yds is my usual check before hunting that the zero hasn't moved. Then its onto live stuff;- mainly squirrels at this time of year. Starting to target corvids as we get towards the New Year into spring, and pigeons through the summer. My favourite has got to be squirrels in October when they are in the trees gathering nuts.

oi oi :) lets not take the **** and i know bloody useless when you compare mine to some people collections, i want a pcp, but dont have the funds, to be fair they are lumps of iron but they get the job done! anyway should start to give the pigeons a reall bashing soon, when i have my shotgun me and a mate plann on investing 50-70 quid each on decoys and head out on to my local permission joined forces ;)

oi oi :) lets not take the **** and i know bloody useless when you compare mine to some people collections, i want a pcp, but dont have the funds, to be fair they are lumps of iron but they get the job done! anyway should start to give the pigeons a reall bashing soon, when i have my shotgun me and a mate plann on investing 50-70 quid each on decoys and head out on to my local permission joined forces ;)

I've nothing to brag about mate. I've just had ten shots without touching a feather. And that's with a 12 gauge! :blush:

oi oi :) lets not take the **** and i know bloody useless when you compare mine to some people collections, i want a pcp, but dont have the funds, to be fair they are lumps of iron but they get the job done!

Do you know what? I always had springers, mostly Weihrauchs with the odd Air Arms thrown in, but when I had enough and got my HW100S, I found that my bag did not increase at all for having paid out an arm and a leg to get a pcp multi.

Ace bit of kit, there's know denying, but with my HW95k .22, I rarely blanked and pulled off some very creditable shots out to 40 yards (in the days when I was out pretty much out shooting every day and was absolutely 'in the zone').

I'll never ever knock springers. :good: