How well did we shoot today? 2011 edition.

paulos

Really enjoyed the day up at Coniston today,i thought Keith had done a great job with the targets (as always) with lots of different speeds and angles on them,especially the tower :oops::lol:

It was a change to go to a properly set up shoot where you didn't get your backside kicked on every stand by stupidly set up targets,even the longer birds were showing a bit of top or underneath which is sensible in my book :good::good:

Thought there was a good turnout for the shoot and everyone i spoke to seemed to be having a good time enjoying themselves,i hope the team at Coniston noticed this too and give us Northerners a bit more to go at in the future :good::good:

There were a couple of things that really pleased me today,

Firstly the BIG 90 for Nicky T.Fully deserved and testament to the effort he's put into his shooting.Well done :yes::good:

And also Mr Gair for getting into the Shoot Off for the Regional Badge after carding a 93 with some fairly sore ribs :yes::good:

Azzurri.

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I sgree with all that Azzurri and Auntie have written, an excellent shoot in every way. Fair, enjoyable targets, a good ground if a bit wet underfoot in places, great clubhouse and some excellant company.

Well done Nicky, 90 is a fantastic score, just 4 birds off HG (still think it was you not the chokes that made the differance :good: )

Mr Potter

PS did I tell you I straightened the 4 singles off the high tower :P:P:P:P

An excellent shoot at Coniston today , with some good scores put in by Nicky ,a big ninety, well shot Nicky, an excellent 93 from Kevin Mayor and lots of high 80's from the northern lads, I only managed a 77, but was pleased with that as i found the shoot very enjoyable, with only a couple of stands where i let myself down.Good craick and good weather up here for a change, i'm sure some of the other lads present will be adding their feelings on the shoot later on. from Auntie. :yes:

Well shot Auntie, Sonds like everyone enjoyed the shoot. Was Paulos there, he aint put any comments in? Did he have a bad score :lol::lol:

Went down to Doveridge on Saturday with John Ord and shot a 86 which was joint high gun in the Team event and 3rd in then open so won a £50 shop voucher. Good day out for a good charity (ACF Fund) :good:

Had a really good turnout at Marne Yesterday but I think I made it too easy as Steve won with a 47/50 :sly::sly: He shot very well to be fair but dont you dare tell him I said that!!! Richard came up from Huddersfield (I think) and he hit over 50% so went home happy.

Hope to see you Wednesday evening to wipe Fox Hall's eye.

Got to go now as Im getting ready to go shoot some Grouse :D

Northern Gunner

Went down to Doveridge on Saturday with John Ord and shot a 86 which was joint high gun in the Team event and 3rd in then open so won a £50 shop voucher. Good day out for a good charity (ACF Fund) :good:

Well shot northern gunner with your 86, I shot the ACF shoot at doveridge on saturday also. I got the high gun in the open with 90 and missed 3 on the last stand. if they do another one next yesr we will have to put a PW team in :good::good:

Edited by Claybuster

Coniston yesterday for me with Chard, Timps and Anni :yp: I believe that Keith Roe was responsible for the targets once again and yet again put on a very fair layout with nothing ridiculous and everything well within range. Nice to see see so many PW'ers in attendance :good: Finished on a 90 and nabbed 3rd in A class, so very pleased with that :yes: just need to keep things together for the Grand Master and the British Open over the next two weekends :yp:

Well shot Auntie, Sonds like everyone enjoyed the shoot. Was Paulos there, he aint put any comments in? Did he have a bad score :lol::lol:

Had a really good turnout at Marne Yesterday but I think I made it too easy as Steve won with a 47/50 :sly::sly: He shot very well to be fair but dont you dare tell him I said that!!! Richard came up from Huddersfield (I think) and he hit over 50% so went home happy.

Hope to see you Wednesday evening to wipe Fox Hall's eye.

Got to go now as Im getting ready to go shoot some Grouse :D

Well shot at Doveridge :good:

I went to Coniston and really enjoyed the shoot. Just let myself down, yet again. I only dropped 3 birds from stands 1 to 7 but from then on just couldn't keep it up. Three stands in particular ruined my card, dropping 3 on Stand 12 and 4 on Stands 9 and 13. Just odd silly misses otherwise.

Keith did a good job in setting the targets on, as everything was hittable, but could punish any lapse in your concentration. I thought the high tower was wasted though (it was difficult, but a few people were hitting it so it wasn't impossible), but there was so much more they could have done with it.

So once again, a great shoot. :yes: Top bombing from Nick for his 90 :good: Shame about the ****-taking £37 entry fee :/ but then I seemed to be alone in thinking that yesterday. :hmm:

I must say I really enjoyed Coniston, the start was a bit shaky missed the last 3 of my first stand and the first three of my second to give me six clays missed in a row, not even hard stands but I just lost the plot. :hmm:

Like paulos I did not like or enjoy the high tower stand but that could be partly because I was first on and did not see anyone else shoot it so was at a complete loss on what to do, mind you after seeing the rest of my squad shoot it I was still at a loss. :no:

Then I pulled myself together and started to enjoy stringing together 9 stands with 5 clearances and 4 with 1 dropped to finish on an 82. Considering my start I was ecstatic with that and hopefully my mini slump is on the way out again. :D

Well done to Nick for his 90 it was a very good score on that course. :good:

I shot a monthly club sporting shoot yesterday and got 50ex60 which is my best sporting score for a good while :)

There were no silly birds, a great layout which changes every month and everything was hittable but I dropped some silly ones that I shouldn't have, I was only 1 clay away after the first 2 stands. Just need to improve my concentration and target reading skills :)

Jon.

"Old Skool" Improved Cylinder for the Tower then Andy ? :D:lol::lol:

Well done :good:

Azzurri.

Got to confess that I did something I very very rarely do (John Rogers nearly got a photo once :lol: ) I changed chokes for that high tower. Shot all the way round with 1/4 & 1/2 but upped them to 1/2 & 5/8 for that stand.

Since the very recent introduction of the yogurt flavoured lightweight chokes from the USA (via. NickyT) my favourite expession for blowing a clay into a thousand pieces, mullered has been compromised, just as the word "gay" has in the last 20 years. However, I mullered the first bird with a fast swing and a considerable amount of lead :good::good: Second one was 2nd barreled just above the trees with a very convincing kill, 3rd I broke in half and the final one was another good kill. I was grinning from ear to ear when I came out of the cage until I remembered the 3 birds missed on both stands 7 & 8 :oops::oops::oops:

Our little gang all hit at least 2 out of the 4 and we thought it was a good, imaginative target. OK it was fast and a good way off but there were only 4 of them with full use of gun, better that than the first bird of a report pair!!

Mr Potter

Our little gang all hit at least 2 out of the 4 and we thought it was a good, imaginative target. OK it was fast and a good way off but there were only 4 of them with full use of gun, better that than the first bird of a report pair!!

Mr Potter

Totally agree :good:

Northern Gunner

Well shot northern gunner with your 86, I shot the ACF shoot at doveridge on saturday also. I got the high gun in the open with 90 and missed 3 on the last stand. if they do another one next yesr we will have to put a PW team in :good::good:

90 was a good score as there was some targets that looked straight forward till you shot at them!!!!! The team event would easily have been won by a PW team if one had been entered. I tried to get a team down from Marne but couldn't get enough together so I ended up shooting for the Army Team that won it. :good: Hope to meet up with you around about.

Cheers Pete. I believe that there's a couple of places on the PW squad for the Southdown Grand Masters on Saturday if you're getting back into things and want a good shoot to start with :good:

Ah, it's a tempting offer. But not this year, I haven't picked up a gun yet, plus no weekends free for a while.

I'll show you how it's all done next year, though with your form recently I think that might be a challenge for anyone! :yes:

Cracking day out today with Cat, twitchynik, Claybuster and nixtrodiver shooting the Southdown Grand Masters. Two very good hundred bird layouts with something for every ability of shooter :yes: The shoot ran like clockwork; so much so that we decided to shoot the registered Sportrap in our lunch break :lol:

Unsure of the scores of the others but i finished the Masters on 155 (77 and 78) and the Sportrap on 75 (19,23,21,12 :oops:). Once again a huge step up the learning curve and a very enjoyable day out :good:

Cracking day out today with Cat, twitchynik, Claybuster and nixtrodiver shooting the Southdown Grand Masters. Two very good hundred bird layouts with something for every ability of shooter :yes: The shoot ran like clockwork; so much so that we decided to shoot the registered Sportrap in our lunch break :lol:

Unsure of the scores of the others but i finished the Masters on 155 (77 and 78) and the Sportrap on 75 (19,23,21,12 :oops:). Once again a huge step up the learning curve and a very enjoyable day out :good:

130 for me :no: but a cracking day nevertheless - Great to meet you lot :good: