How well did we shoot today? 2011 edition.

paulos

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

John Lee won on 94, which was top end of what I saw out there really. Any more than that would have been pretty special I recon. I felt I lost a lot of concentration on my last few stands; I got to stand 8 (I think- prams away and teal) 2 birds down but lost my mojo a bit and started to get the hump which never helps!

Really enjoyed it though- another top shoot from Charlie rob and Linda for a great cause.

Incidentally, what the **** are "substitutional winnings"? Illiterate ****. <_<

I might be illiterate but at least I can win something :P **** ing Iphone auto correct ;):blush:

Timps had the best Idea to get ratted the night before and stay in bed :yes: Good call mate :lol:

I am triple A class at that, its all Dannie's fault with the shots :yp: :lol:

You should have got Tracy to sew a little cushion thing for it, you know it makes sense.

I wouldn't bother asking your Mrs though :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well shot gimpo, I beat you on stands 1 & 2. Then it all went to cock :P

Trouble is it would probably be pink & fluffy and the wrong size :lol::lol:

Cheers,if you shot stand 1&2 well you've no worries :good: certainly no need to go over to the Dark Side :sly:

Azzurri.

Reffed the National Police Sporting Championship yesterday at Beverley CTC with Johnboy 67, 100milesaway and Son of Potter :good:

Cracking day out - the event ran like clockwork and the shooters were a pleasure to ref :yes:

Highlights of the day included the very butch shooter who had the highest pitch "pull" call you could imagine, Auntie reffing a rabbit stand :lol: and us being allowed to shoot the course afterwards with the ground staff - VERY pleasant place to shoot and plenty of good targets to warm up on before the British :good:

Edited by Nicky T

• 2 weeks later...

I saw rather a few of them at Kingsley Moor, Mr P included everyone seems to be keeping very quite thou..

75 here wet n windy, had a couple of silly stand else I could of pushed 80

The Evil Knievel rabbit stand was a laff out loud moment

Maxus' first outing to Kingly with a 59, I thought he shot very well today and was a little surprised he didn't break 65, good experience thou for him.

I saw rather a few of them at Kingsley Moor, Mr P included everyone seems to be keeping very quite thou..

75 here wet n windy, had a couple of silly stand else I could of pushed 80

The Evil Knievel rabbit stand was a laff out loud moment

Maxus' first outing to Kingly with a 59, I thought he shot very well today and was a little surprised he didn't break 65, good experience thou for him.

Never mind catch up with them on the cpsa web site :yes:

Never mind catch up with them on the cpsa web site :yes:

The silence is deliberate, hard to post when you're hanging your head in shame :no::no::no: I just can't seem to get on with Kingsley, my problem nothing wrong with the targets.

No excuses though I started well, came out of the field opposite the clubhouse just 4 birds down and then straightened the first two stands on the walkway?. So nearly half the shoot completed and I'm on for a 96 :o :o Well the next 7 stands slapped me right down to earth, missed 5 on one stand, 4 on the next stand and 6 on another one, 2 each on the others or it could have been three I had lost the will to live by that stage :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Final total of 28 away, you do the maths I'm too embarrassed. I've decided that Kingsley Moor will be beaten, I will get a reasonably good score there one day, a high 80's as a minimum.

My problem today was only occasionally the wrong lead, I was taking the wrong line on birds and then committing the cardinal sin of doing the same thing a further three times. Should listen to the advice I give others "If you miss - do something different"

Till next week when I suspect I'll throw away a good start at a different shooting ground!!!!

Mr Potter

Rufforth for me today for the North of England Sportrap Champs :good:

There was a pretty good turnout,about 12ish squads of the usual suspects,although i didn't see many forum members there :hmm:

The targets were good with nothing silly and it would seem that they were set with the weather in mind although a bit of breeze did cost a few people the odd one here and there :oops:

I think Paul Foster sneaked it with a very well shot 94 and i did hear there was a cracking shoot off for the Junior Badge,with Michael Burnand coming out on top :good::good:

Azzurri.

I have noticed a deathly silence since the British at Hodnet - a few eggo's bust me thinks. - At least I owned up to a 79 at Hodnet. :good: :good:

Dave

TBH I thought I shot like a spanner. I didn't even bother adding up my score at the end of the round. I ended up on 75, which is about halfway down the B class results (I think) :hmm: so was probably a fair reflection of my standard. Great shoot anyhoo :good: Roll on next year.