Selling cars and Other vehicles on PW

Fisherman Mike

Selling cars and Other vehicles  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Is the PW "other items" for sale section the right place to advertise, buy and sell cars and other vehicles

For some yes for others probably not but too hard too police, I have noticed an increase is people who only seem to buy and sell and those that sell very regularly often multiples of the same item which i think is wrong. As for cars there are plenty of other places to sell them so why people choose PW I'm not sure.

i think its a good place to buy or sell a vehicle.i think your more likely to get a honest description on here because its more of a community,rather than buying something out of the auto trader or a free ads paper.and i dont see how a vehicle is any different to a telly or fishing rod,all people need to do is inspect the item and if they're happy with the condition and price,buy it.if not happy they can turn the offer down,simple as that.

I don't see a problem :no:

If the selling of vehicles is stopped, what will be next :hmm: Sales restricted to only hunting/shooting items :hmm:

If a site member wants to sell an item, and someone on the site wants it, then crack on :good:

The decision on what is allowed for sale or not on the site should rest with the site Admin/owners.

I quite like browsing the "non shooting related gear".

I've had all manner of stuff from a brand new Ipod Touch which Son No. 1 got for his birthday through to my Land Rover Disco I bought off Harner's mate Dave.

Where's the harm?

If you don't want or don't like then don't buy.

I do however approve of people posting details of any item cheaper elsewhere - if you want to advertise a 2nd hand anything for a tenner and some bright chap off here finds it new for a fiver then I think it's only fair on the community for everyone to know (and have all information to hand) and then make a choice as to where they buy from.

And finally, until about a month ago I had quite enjoyed Fisherman Mike's posts but recently they have become barbed and moany; I would hazard a guess that all is not well at home, work or elsewhere...

Can I now start a bring back the old Fisherman Mike thread?...

I don't see a problem :no:

If the selling of vehicles is stopped, what will be next :hmm: Sales restricted to only hunting/shooting items :hmm:

If a site member wants to sell an item, and someone on the site wants it, then crack on :good:

The decision on what is allowed for sale or not on the site should rest with the site Admin/owners.

Quite right...who is suggesting otherwise..? Im not. :no: Just interetsed to know if any one else share my views that the Forum is not necessarily the best place to sell motor vehicles... Im concerned that sooner or later the dealers will invade or someone will get badly stung, even with "caveat emptor" and all that.

I quite like browsing the "non shooting related gear".

I've had all manner of stuff from a brand new Ipod Touch which Son No. 1 got for his birthday through to my Land Rover Disco I bought off Harner's mate Dave.

Where's the harm?

If you don't want or don't like then don't buy.

I do however approve of people posting details of any item cheaper elsewhere - if you want to advertise a 2nd hand anything for a tenner and some bright chap off here finds it new for a fiver then I think it's only fair on the community for everyone to know (and have all information to hand) and then make a choice as to where they buy from.

And finally, until about a month ago I had quite enjoyed Fisherman Mike's posts but recently they have become barbed and moany; I would hazard a guess that all is not well at home, work or elsewhere...Can I now start a bring back the old Fisherman Mike thread?...

Lol...Everythings fine and dandy in the Garden thanks Mungler.... No hidden agenda ;)

My recent posts which may have struck a nerve with some members are generally things I feel passionate about it the shooting world, theres nothing sinister about them, just voicing my opinion. Sorry if Ive upset anyone. ;)

Quite right...who is suggesting otherwise..? Im not. :no: Just interetsed to know if any one else share my views that the Forum is not necessarily the best place to sell motor vehicles... Im concerned that sooner or later the dealers will invade or someone will get badly stung, even with "caveat emptor" and all that.

I understand and agree with your concerns, no one would want the dealers to invade the site or for one of the members to be stung by a dealer or anyone of that matter :no:

This may go back to the previous topics where it has been rightly questioned about the new members being allowed to advertise or post items for sale on their first post etc :hmm:

As with all internet sites/forums etc you never quite know is hidden behind the profile and who is selling what items. This is where those who regularly use the site to converse with other like minded people will build up a trust amongst the forum users and will be trusted to buy and sell on the site. Forum members will rightly be wary of new users selling in their first posts etc :good:

I recently offered my son/daughters 58 plate corsa for sale on here for the exact part exchange price we were offered, it went to a PW members friends daughter who got the car 1500 quid cheaper than the same model car she was going to buy from a local dealer,both parties very happy and I suppose your helping like minded people out :good:

He politely asked and was given permission.

It sometimes helps to know the whole story. :)

Could not agree more but from the outside it looks like one rule for us and one rule for who the MODS favour .

If speical treatment is open for some surely it should be open for all.

Or is PW turning into if your face fits you get speical treatment.

Kind regards OTH

Shooting kit is often sold new on here and if it's a bargain great,but you can sniff out the gun dealers who post on here they should maybe chip in to running the forum,shooting trucks should be encouraged but keved up motors will only get the rise taken out of them maybe you can get to sell stuff in other sales after 100 posts,again some one mentions dog pedlars if they are active members what is the problem ,1st posters again is a bit different but how could it be controlled ?I have bought shooting and non shooting items and have always been pleased ,so shooting wagons are go but keved up astras,should be put on piston heads were they should be :yes: