Shaving

Doc Holliday

102 members have voted

1. 1. What do you use to shave with?

• Wet Shave razor (eg Gillete Mk3)
    • Electric shaver (Phillips etc)
    • Au Natural (like Nick Beardo)

Guest cookoff013

i use a merkur safety razor, if you shop around you can pick up blades as cheap as 29p for a pk of 10, and they are double sided.

i have bought 200 or so blades ofthe net for £15. they should last until i`m 50. (i`m 30 now)

I wet shave, I have used electric, but I thought I could shave in the car the way to work until one day, on the way to an important meeting (after not shaving for four days) I got half way through my face and the bloody battery ran out, I had to stop in Tesco's and buy a razor, run in the toilets and shave before my meeting.

Lesson learnt!

I bought an electric shaver a few years ago but it was like sticking a belt sander to my face. Apparently this is normal

For the first few times. After two weeks I chucked it away, £150 out of pocket.

Now I shave 2-3 times a week with King of Shaves razors and King of Shaves gel. If I shave any more than that my neck goes all rashy. I hate shaving. O and I use gaylord face stuff as well, I think I have nivea at the moment.

wet shaves a no go most times with me as I ride a bike so the helmet annoys the **** out of my skin :mad:

You missed out a trimmer though, I find its much easier not to bother with a full wet or dry shave and stick with the stubble ;) trim it right and it looks smart enough :)

I mainly use a Remington shaver for speed but at weekends or special events a nice close shave with King of Shaves razor & menthol gel is lovely. I used to get razor burn from wet or electric but not now with KoS and the new Remington. Shame it did not come with a free semi-auto !

Tried electric razors but found they take twice as long, give me a rash and don't give me anywhere near as close a shave. Gillette Mach 3 and cheapo foam, although I sometimes just use soap. I only work a 4 day week, so Friday to Sunday I don't shave. That's a good balance I think, I don't like shaving but don't want a beard!

I got sick of shaving rash so now I just use a pair of hair clippers on the lowest setting.

Cost around £30 :good:

:stupid: Not that he is as it's by far the best idea hair clippers set to 0 all the way round your head chins etc.. :D