I know I will get slated by the 4x4 boys

Cosd

haven't we got a Jeep mechanic on here with a really bad opinion of them :lol:

I believe he drives a mitsubishi ;)

Yeah,we have and he didnt rate em much did he :no:

I have had and would buy another hyundi santa fe the new shape looks very vw torag,toyota king cab was unstoppable and now have a dedicated shotting 4x4 in the fronty,which as a second vechicle with modifications and limited milage gets cheap insurance with frank pickles :good: which is great i dont have to keep it clean,not worried about dents and scratches and am sure it was designed as a shooting truck because of the way the 4' wide lid comes off the back to make a safe shooting platform :good: with the grabbers on it will go 99% oof places a defender will go.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dont over look the good old Land rover Freelander !! I have a 1.8 petrol 3 door - yeh the 1 everyone slags off - it's done 103k & goes everywhere I want it too !! a great all rounder + you can take the back off & put a seat in it to shoot from ! :good:

My Mrs has a Freelander TD4 also spot on & does 38mpg (good ones aren't cheap) !! :good:

I've had a Disco TD5 that I had various prob's with :hmm:

A P38 Range Rover that I dont like to talk about :no::no:

My Pride & Joy was my V8 90 Defender - awesome & it did go "Anywhere" :cool1::cool1:

Just wondering mate, what is your North Korean product, if I may ask? :hmm:

Hi,

Both were Hyundai's - first was a Tucson, currently an IX35. The ground clearance is a bit lower on this one but I went up a very rough lane at christmas with four people on and whilst it caught a few frosted lumps, it was generally good.

Compared to the range rover eg, it is v good. I got 18mpg from the range rover over its life and sold it for £30K less than I paid for it after 3 years and it was absolutely perfect and 75K. The Merc 270ML was worse.

This car is full of stuff and just £20K top of the range. Service interval has gone from 11k with the Tucson to 20K with the IX35. Mileage is 40 PG.

Not claiming its a mud plugger but when you can get on the field, it will and get you off.

Regards, Kes

Edited by Kes

It seems really common that X5 owners make a complete meal of getting over obstacles. - Get out, assess and/or have a second person tell you where to point the wheels

Have you ever seen a car wheelspin to get down a snowy hill?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxwXIp2VlLY

Have now

Is that extreme river fording in an X5....lol

shaun

The X5 owners that are into shooting usually have very very short barrel's and a balaclava :lol:

I guess that's not really fair...............some hair dressers have them as well :yes:

Shogun / Disco 2 / Cherokee, or a "wild card" Volvo XC (expensive when they brake)

£9k budget, That'd be a Perazzi and an older 4x4 for me :good:

As long as your happy with what ever you choose. :D

Good luck

Hi,

Both were Hyundai's - first was a Tucson, currently an IX35. The ground clearance is a bit lower on this one but I went up a very rough lane at christmas with four people on and whilst it caught a few frosted lumps, it was generally good.

Compared to the range rover eg, it is v good. I got 18mpg from the range rover over its life and sold it for £30K less than I paid for it after 3 years and it was absolutely perfect and 75K. The Merc 270ML was worse.

This car is full of stuff and just £20K top of the range. Service interval has gone from 11k with the Tucson to 20K with the IX35. Mileage is 40 PG.

Not claiming its a mud plugger but when you can get on the field, it will and get you off.

Regards, Kes

Kes, I am considering one of these, can you let me know the wheel & tyre size so that I can see if there are any all terrain tyres available...had to change wheel sizes from 17" (215/60 R17) to 16" (215/65 R16) on my x-trail to get AT/2's.....

Thanks.....

Edited by Bradders

Hi,

Regards, Kes

Thanks Kes, just wondering. I saw a Ssanyong (I think it was) 4x4 the other day - new ish, and for sale for 2k! I assume that's an Asian manufacturer of some sort. It wasn't massively pretty, but it looked like a lot of car for the money...

Kes, I am considering one of these, can you let me know the wheel & tyre size so that I can see if there are any all terrain tyres available...had to change wheel sizes from 17" (215/60 R17) to 16" (215/65 R16) on my x-trail to get AT/2's.....

Thanks.....

Bradders - just seen your post will get the info and report back - Cheers

Kes, much appreciated......Thanks.....Carl.

Bradders, Hi

The I x35 has 18" dia wheels on the model I have - some others have 17 " - I think the TUCSON (almost identical to the Kia sportage) has 17"

The tyre designation is P225/55R18 98H. If you check with a local dealer, they will confirm.

Good luck

Kes